• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Related Trade Rumors and Acquisitions

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I am sure it was a money issue especially what the Phils put-up for Harper.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have much in the upper levels of the system.

Houston didn't give up top-level talent, but they did trade marketable prospects close to ready for the show. Those guys all left this off-season. Maybe they could have made a move with Bohm and Moniak, but I don't know if the pitching we have at AAA was good enough for Arizona.

That’s a good point I wasn’t fully considering. Probably they were making calls, but didn’t have as much sexy to sell. Bohm has to be heir apparent for Franco’s inconsistency at 3rd. And after the outfield issues this year I’m sure they want to hold Moniak.

Put that in with the fact that we aren’t at the level of the Astros yet. It’s not win now. Keeping that in mind it made more sense that they made the slight moves they did.

By those moves they clearly know Starting Pitching is the issue. Be interesting to see what they do about that in the offseason.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying to bolster the pitching any way they can. Hopefully Hughes works. $250,000 to buy him out for next season if they don't want to pay $3 million to keep him.