• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies fire key figures in minors.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to use same system in minors as the one they use in the majors. Old school types will be eliminated. Maybe they can have the minors hit .235 too.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more they play the percentages to excess which takes a player's skill and common sense out of the game, the less successful the player will be. We know the logic in some of the typical stuff like who hits lefties better or certain types of pitches, etc., but it's got to the point, e.g., where guys are reading notes in the field rather than using what they've learned from their experience. Guys taking too many pitches believing that they'll wait for the one they can hit best is absurd since you don't really know how the ump will see a pitch. Batters end up neurotic and wondering why they keep striking out.

I'd like to see an old school manager replace Kapler. Maybe Wathan might be the guy.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more they play the percentages to excess which takes a player's skill and common sense out of the game, the less successful the player will be. We know the logic in some of the typical stuff like who hits lefties better or certain types of pitches, etc., but it's got to the point, e.g., where guys are reading notes in the field rather than using what they've learned from their experience. Guys taking too many pitches believing that they'll wait for the one they can hit best is absurd since you don't really know how the ump will see a pitch. Batters end up neurotic and wondering why they keep striking out.

I'd like to see an old school manager replace Kapler. Maybe Wathan might be the guy.
Right now, I would any manager that could make out a lineup with common sense!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By turning players into robots you restrict their instincts. I think the Flex approach lowers their confidence and morale.
This Flex nonsense is why it looks like the Phillies have no heart. (IMO).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This flex dude is turning out to be another idiot in disguise. Geez, when is this franchise going to get their heads out of each other's asses!!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to say but the Phillies fired people with baseball knowledge. They want the minor league teams to use the same
failed approach at the plate. This should eliminate any chances of those teams making the playoffs next year. Just keep looking at strikes down the middle of the plate while trying to draw a walk. Taking Metrics to the extreme is a fail.
My system: See the ball, hit the ball.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple Northeast and the stats would show that simple approach actually produces more runs!!