• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies claim Jordan Danks.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies pick up Danks off of waivers. He has a carreer .227 batting average. He can play all outfield positions but he has poor range for centerfield. He strikes out in 30% of his at bats. Amaro loves this guy because he is athletic. Just another blocker to keep Ruf off the roster next season. IMO. We have a potential log jam in the outfield. One can only hope that Dom gets traded since Danks numbers are similar to Browns and he gets paid a lot less. We still have a couple of minor league guys that will attempt to make the roster. Amaro never ceases to amaze me! By the way Amaro wants Brown to start in rightfield next season and Ryno wiil just roll over and do it. Ryno is a weak leader in my opinion as he had no control over the veterans last year. But it is possible that he tied Rynos hands and Ryno did not fight back. Either way Amaro is pure dumb and egotistical to a fault!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Danks, 28, CHW, 3 yrs, .227/.303/.326. LOL, loves triple A, .268, OBP .354. Amazing how we keep hiring backup retards for each player position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no logical reasoning behind braindead's thinking, his purpose or goals of the club or direction, and his choice of player signings. It is just this random hodgepodge of shit hoping something magically works. More of the blind squirrel scenario and it is really getting old.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no logical reasoning behind braindead's thinking, his purpose or goals of the club or direction, and his choice of player signings. It is just this random hodgepodge of shit hoping something magically works. More of the blind squirrel scenario and it is really getting old.

You are correct about his lack of logic Retro. But Ryno needs to stand up and be a manager that decides who he wants to play and where he wants them to play. Amaro should let him run the team instead of forcing things upon him. One of the owners should tell Amaro to let Ryno run the team. IMO.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget, we have that Jeff Francoeur in the outfield. ruf won't get much playing time. best thing for him is to get traded.

I'm assuming Francouer and Danks are just minor leaguers or backups. With any luck, they get rid of Howard and let Ruf play first. But speaking of trading Ruf, if Amaro wouldn't have been downplaying him for the last 3 years you would think some AL clubs would be interested in getting him as a DH/1B. I read an article somewhere about Howard having value as a DH. Shit, if I was a GM I'd be asking about Ruf. For what it's worth, if you take away his pinch hitting appearances and look at his stats as a starter in the majors he has 20 hrs in 411 ABs and an .848 OPS.