• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia @ New Orleans Game Thread

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will Howie screw up another draft? This time with a high pick

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team looks like fucking trash. They should be embarrassed.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've lost like 7 players to injury in this game. Our entire 2ndary aside from Malcolm Jenkins is hurt. Our Middle LB is done.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.....that went about exactly as bad as my worst case scenario. The injuries are just insult to....well....you know.

With Redskins losing Smith there is still a chance out there, but I think the injuries will just make it that much harder of a chance. Besides....a chance at what?

Maybe there is something to take forward by finishing strong and not folding. Sucks bad. But it would be unconscionable to me had we not won the whole damn thing last year.

My apologies to any phans that are not at that point yet.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is not getting fired
Everyone can scream and yell all they want - Pederson is not getting fired
He is not even going to be on the hot seat - maybe not even on the hot seat next year either

Schwartz on the other hand needs otbe gone after this year
Yes - the Eagles have many defensive injuries but even without those injuries the Eagles D sucked

The problem with those injuries is first and foremost the Eagles are going to have problems stopping teams the rest of the year but the other issue is that it could give Schwartz an excuse to come back if he can't find a job anywhere else - the old "Yes the defense sucked but it isn't Schwartz's fault because of the injuries. He didn't have any players to play defense."

At the moment this is just flat out a bad football team along the lines of Marion Campbell or Rich Kotite bad.

Everyone keeps talking about "the Eagles need this....the Eagles need that" - it seems there are too many holes right now to address in one off season

At least they did win the Superbowl last year but imagine if they didn't?
If Brady did his magic again and won in the last seconds of that game and then the Eagles come into this season looking like the turd in the punchbowl they are now...

So I guess it could be worse.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
consistent running game/Wentz game manager > Wentz throwing 40-50 times
Never use "Wentz" and "Game manager" in the same sentence ever again.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Schwartz gone last year, so his departure should go without saying.
I want the Doug to give up play calling these last 6 games and let Groh (the OC) run the O. I'm not saying it's going to improve but
1) Our scripted plays don't work at all
2) I need to know if we need a new OC, and why he was promoted over Duce, even though he sucked in St Louis.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Doug to give up play calling these last 6 games and let Groh (the OC) run the O. I'm not saying it's going to improve but
2) I need to know if we need a new OC, and why he was promoted over Duce, even though he sucked in St Louis.

We need a new OC. You don’t need any more evidence.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance McDermott becomes available? Would love him as the DC.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson should be embarrassed as hell as it is perfectly clear that Reich was the brains behind their success last season. Flame out.
Gotta hold Howie accountable for his lackluster drafting and poor FA signings.
Schwartz is a head case.
Wentz.....????

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they did win the Superbowl last year but imagine if they didn't?
If Brady did his magic again and won in the last seconds of that game

Jim Schwartz tried.

Remember all the retards who thought he should have been the head coach last August? Sad stupid fucks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duce is trash. That's why.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance McDermott becomes available? Would love him as the DC.

I could see some buzz for this.....also thinking Bowles is done in NY....and I remember him being a VERY good DC.

I am not happy with Groh....but I also don't know that I can say changing him out changes much. We have a OC inclined HC (or....what the hell did Brad Childress do for us for years?)

Doug needs an absolutely solid DC that can fully run that side of the house and bring it all together with the overall team. I do not feel that Schwartz is doing any of that this year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see some buzz for this.....also thinking Bowles is done in NY....and I remember him being a VERY good DC.

I am not happy with Groh....but I also don't know that I can say changing him out changes much. We have a OC inclined HC (or....what the hell did Brad Childress do for us for years?)

Doug needs an absolutely solid DC that can fully run that side of the house and bring it all together with the overall team. I do not feel that Schwartz is doing any of that this year.

I want Groh gone too. They need to bring in an experienced guy...Arians, Caldwell, Rhule (ok, probably not happening). Hell, give me BTK...I mean...Brad Childress. Reich and DeFilippo knew what they were doing. Groh is unreliable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz looked completely frustrated out there yesterday ... just chucking the ball downfield carelessly is not something he does very often and he did it several times yesterday. The Offense is pressing as it knows that the D can't hold anyone ... Wentz is holding the ball too long hoping to hit big plays downfield when last year he was patient and took what the D gave him. The loss of "both" Reich and DeFillippo have proven to be a big negative as the Offense is nowhere near as crisp as it was last season and no adjustments are being made.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz needs a better game plan to work with. The Eagles are too predictable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz needs a better game plan to work with. The Eagles are too predictable.

The ball is not coming out quick enough ... all successful offenses get the ball out quickly. Did we even touch Brees at all yesterday? Same thing with Brady ... these guys are nowhere near as athletic as Wentz yet they take very few sacks and hits while always moving the chains. They have patience though and will take 4 yards all day to the backs if the original targets are covered. Wentz on the other hand is looking for 15+ downfield every single time. That's on the OC and the head coach though ... you sneak out the Backs as options 2 to 3 yards "past" the LOS on every play and tell Wentz to take the 4-5 yard gains all day if the downfield stuff is covered. Our Backs don't sneak out ... they just sit "behind" the LOS if the play isn't designed for them instead of having that 2-3 yard "gain" when they receive the pass. Holding the ball all day then heaving downfield desperation throws while escaping is a recipe for disaster.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will Howie screw up another draft? This time with a high pick
what did he fuck up this year?

Goedert looks like he can play, Maddox was impressive in the preseason and looked decent enough when shuffled around the defensive backfield when called upon (he's a fucking rookie 4th round pick)
Sweat is another potential high upside pick late, we'll see down the line.
Mailata might be our LT of the future in the 7th round.

Barnett showed he could play
Jones has the talent as well.
Douglas got exposed, but again, he's been bounced around and our D coordinator has been shit.

What picks has he really fucked up?