• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia @ Atlanta 8:20pm ET NBC

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I’m the man who kicks ass in the Dallas pick em league and won’t back down. At least I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong which you and Manster can’t do under any circumstances
To bad you were too chicken to step up to the plate this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re making a big deal out of nothing. I can’t tell by the video but Jarntt is saying he is being touched as his knee lands so two rules happened simultaneously.
Really is a stupid rule though. When a QB dives head first into the end zone with the ball extended he is not giving himself up. They need to tweak that ruling next year. But again, the Eagles has their chances to win and didn’t capitalize.
Bombarded by injuries I’m pretty happy with how they played. Pissed I started Desean in my money league though.
Not exactly what I'm saying. It needs to be conclusive to overturn on replay. The knee hitting was more conclusive because it only takes one of the two. I am also saying that he was touched but that the refs didn't need to bother with deciding if he was conclusively touched or not and going through multiple camera angles to be sure because once they see his knee down (the more obvious of the two) the review is over and he is down. The refs don't care if he was down two different ways or just one way. Once he is down by any rule, he is down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that and have ZERO issue with that. But when a QB is diving head first into the end zone he isn’t saying “Refs I’m giving myself up so I don’t get hit
Totally agree with you here for what Wentz was doing and I'm sure everyone does or at least should. BUT, you can't have it both ways. How can the defender in real time interpret when the QB is diving to score and when he is diving to not get hurt? The QB needs to be smart enough to know the rules and not do it. The rule is for when he dives and someone dives on top of him and hurts him and this is just a negative outcome that may happen from time to time that is deemed to be less important than protecting the QB. Once he dives it does invoke a different set of rules for the defense to tackle him. If possible they need to pull up and not dive at him. While it sounds like a subtle difference, at the goal line for a defender to reach down and tag him or dive at him to stop him it can mean the difference of anywhere from a few inches to a yard which can make a difference at the goal line.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you here for what Wentz was doing and I'm sure everyone does or at least should. BUT, you can't have it both ways. How can the defender in real time interpret when the QB is diving to score and when he is diving to not get hurt? The QB needs to be smart enough to know the rules and not do it. The rule is for when he dives and someone dives on top of him and hurts him and this is just a negative outcome that may happen from time to time that is deemed to be less important than protecting the QB. Once he dives it does invoke a different set of rules for the defense to tackle him. If possible they need to pull up and not dive at him. While it sounds like a subtle difference, at the goal line for a defender to reach down and tag him or dive at him to stop him it can mean the difference of anywhere from a few inches to a yard which can make a difference at the goal line.
I never thought Wentz gave up, especially since I thought giving up meant sliding feet first. Now I know that since 2018 QB's diving head first is also giving up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/amp/

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought Wentz gave up, especially since I thought giving up meant sliding feet first. Now I know that since 2018 QB's diving head first is also giving up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/amp/
There is a difference though or at least there used to be. If I remember correctly when you slide feet first you are immediately down the second you start your slide. If you slide head first you are down once your knee/body hits. Dak has on multiple occasions slid feet first too early IMO and was given more yards than I thought he should have and was lucky to get the spot he did.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference though or at least there used to be. If I remember correctly when you slide feet first you are immediately down the second you start your slide. If you slide head first you are down once your knee/body hits. Dak has on multiple occasions slid feet first too early IMO and was given more yards than I thought he should have and was lucky to get the spot he did.
Per the story in the link you are down at the start of the dive. I'm not sure which is correct. It makes more sense to say head first dive you are down when you are down by knee, elbow, or ass. I think I've seen Dak dive for TD or two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the story in the link you are down at the start of the dive. I'm not sure which is correct. It makes more sense to say head first dive you are down when you are down by knee, elbow, or ass. I think I've seen Dak dive for TD or two.
I didn't read it but that's only true if they changed the rule in the last couple of years, which they certainly might have. I think Dak's head first dives have been higher off the ground so probably all still legit TDs.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was wrong at first because I had the wrong LOS but now I know it was a penalty...

In gridiron football, an ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty called against the offensive team when a forward pass is thrown while a player who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass.

wrong