• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia @ Atlanta 8:20pm ET NBC

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet some will quote this site as a valid resource to win an argument and not the complete pep rally they are. Things may certainly end up with the Eagles over the Cowboys and maybe even soon, but you look like a whiny idiot putting it in print as we sit here today.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 3 Edition

Holy Homer, Bat Man...

7 - Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 4) - It’s tough to precisely gauge what the Eagles’ Week 2 loss tells us about the quality of this team moving forward. Losing three key offensive starters — Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, Dallas Goedert — during PREGAME WARMUPS is such an anomalous aberration. Despite this incredibly bad luck, Carson Wentz had the Eagles in position to win on the road in Atlanta. If only Nelson Agholor hadn’t dropped the potential game-winning touchdown.

8 - Dallas Cowboys (LW: 10) - The Cowboys couldn’t have asked for an easier start to their 2019 season: home vs. NYG, away at WASTEAM, and home vs. Miami. They can sleepwalk to 3-0. And their Week 4 game against New Orleans just got easier with Drew Brees injured. Must be nice.

:L

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet some will quote this site as a valid resource to win an argument and not the complete pep rally they are. Things may certainly end up with the Eagles over the Cowboys and maybe even soon, but you look like a whiny idiot putting it in print as we sit here today.

Holy Homer, Bat Man...

7 - Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 4) - It’s tough to precisely gauge what the Eagles’ Week 2 loss tells us about the quality of this team moving forward. Losing three key offensive starters — Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, Dallas Goedert — during PREGAME WARMUPS is such an anomalous aberration. Despite this incredibly bad luck, Carson Wentz had the Eagles in position to win on the road in Atlanta. If only Nelson Agholor hadn’t dropped the potential game-winning touchdown.

8 - Dallas Cowboys (LW: 10) - The Cowboys couldn’t have asked for an easier start to their 2019 season: home vs. NYG, away at WASTEAM, and home vs. Miami. They can sleepwalk to 3-0. And their Week 4 game against New Orleans just got easier with Drew Brees injured. Must be nice.

I am cool if our team gets underestimated.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy Homer, Bat Man...

I know everyone is dying to know, but I currently have the Eagles ahead of the Cowboys in my unpublished rankings heading into week 3. They are much higher than BGN has them ranked.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is dying to know, but I currently have the Eagles ahead of the Cowboys in my unpublished rankings heading into week 3. They are much higher than BGN has them ranked.
Cool. It's always nice to have those simple to find disqualifiers to save readers plenty of time.

"Let's see...1-1 Eagles that looked like shit 6 of 8 quarters played ranked higher than 2-0 Dallas who have throttled their opponents in 6 of 8 quarters. Next story"

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. It's always nice to have those simple to find disqualifiers to save readers plenty of time.

"Let's see...1-1 Eagles that looked like shit 6 of 8 quarters played ranked higher than 2-0 Dallas who have throttled their opponents in 6 of 8 quarters. Next story"

While I can understand the Eagles dropping in rankings and rightfully so they have not looked great. I am not completely sold on the Cowboys yet..... I will wait until they face some real NFL competition. Something that is not going to happen until week 4.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well since you asked.
I heard since we play the dolphins next week. The dumpster fire they are. After we kick their ass our rankings will go down because somehow that is the Cowboys fault (schedule)

All a team can do is what they are supposed to do. (dominate bad teams, beat good teams)
Wasnt too long ago we would be barely beating the crappy teams (playing down to their level)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, yours are my favorite rankings this year. Keep 'em coming :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand the Eagles dropping in rankings and rightfully so they have not looked great. I am not completely sold on the Cowboys yet..... I will wait until they face some real NFL competition. Something that is not going to happen until week 4.
I'm shocked you feel this way :pound:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has certainly looked better than Philly so far this season. No one can dispute that.

Fortunately, we have only played two games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has certainly looked better than Philly so far this season. No one can dispute that.

Fortunately, we have only played two games.
Totally agree. It's silly after 2 games, but then don't put it out there. That is the difference between a power ranking and a prediction. There is no way you can put Philly over Dallas in a Power ranking. But I have no issue with anyone saying they think Philly will be the better team, win the Division, etc...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, yours are my favorite rankings this year. Keep 'em coming :suds:

I’m thinking after week 4 and I’ll add commentary this time. Can’t do it every week. Well, I could...but I don’t want to.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking after week 4 and I’ll add commentary this time. Can’t do it every week. Well, I could...but I don’t want to.

Just do it after weeks that eagles play well. This will not only accomplish a complete homeristic “vibe” but it will also limit the number of times you have to do it! :D

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's your post you claim you made, bring it forth or at least give us the post number. I gave the post number of the video you questioned.

Because it was fresh on your mind from the same day. This one was last week. But if I took the time to find it would it matter?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I will agree with, and in all honesty I thought the rule to give yourself up was to slide.
As for this play I do think the defender touched Wentz pre goal line, but the video evidence looks to be inconclusive, so the play would've stayed as called.

Now the mistake was going for 2, has the Eagles taken the 1, they'd have been within 3 and in field goal position to try to tie for OT at the end.

That wasn’t a mistake. They needed the 2 at that point and going for the one would have been pointless

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about that rule, but two points. First off it doesn't actually matter in this situation because he was down either way. His knee was down AND he was touched. So whether he was a QB, RB, WR, etc he was still down. I think they only quoted the rule at the game because since they had to overturn the call, they need indisputable evidence. It was clear, obvious and indisputable that the knee was down. He was touched too, but that wasn't quite as obvious. So since they already had him down via the QB specific rule they didn't need to go to the "was he touched rule" that covers non-QBs. Hope I explained that as clearly as it was in my head.

On the QB rule. What do you do? If the QB is still live and can slide like another player or dive and get back up if untouched then the defenders need to be allowed to dive at him to stop him and this creates a possible injury. You can't have it both ways. So it just is going to have to be a quirky things that QBs need to be smart enough to know ahead of time and then decide how they want to act on plays like that.

The announcers said he wasn’t touched FYI.