• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia @ Atlanta 8:20pm ET NBC

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that post?

Go look for it. It was days ago. I said someone said “He had 3 drives and went 7-10”. I should have verified it. I think it’s on this thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But hypothetically shouldn’t there be a penalty on Atlanta for hitting a QB giving himself up.
The call was correct, just needs to be fixed

You could make that argument, I suppose, but is that where we want football headed?

In my opinion, the issue isn’t that the defender hit him, it’s that the QB was ruled to have given himself up when everyone in the world knows that that’s not what he intended. The fact that he was deemed down AND also hit by the defender just sort of shows that the rule is stupid.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But hypothetically shouldn’t there be a penalty on Atlanta for hitting a QB giving himself up.
The call was correct, just needs to be fixed.

No... a defender can’t stop mid-air. The question is NOT did he hit him. The question is “did he pull up” to lessen the hit.

It really is incredible how little you know about football... a game you claim to know a lot about.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's that post?

It’s always “somebody else said”. He hears what he wants to hear and runs with it. When he hears what he doesn’t want to hear he fights it to the end... even if he’s wrong.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier I admitted I was completely wrong after I saw Mansters video
You're an uneducated clown. I told you that you were wrong four hours before Manster posted that vid.
You even admitted you were wrong.
You tried moving the goal posts and got outed by almost the entire hoop.
I've asked you before please stop posting. You're starting to embbarass 3rd world educators.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look for it. It was days ago. I said someone said “He had 3 drives and went 7-10”. I should have verified it. I think it’s on this thread
It's your post you claim you made, bring it forth or at least give us the post number. I gave the post number of the video you questioned.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make that argument, I suppose, but is that where we want football headed?

In my opinion, the issue isn’t that the defender hit him, it’s that the QB was ruled to have given himself up when everyone in the world knows that that’s not what he intended. The fact that he was deemed down AND also hit by the defender just sort of shows that the rule is stupid.
This I will agree with, and in all honesty I thought the rule to give yourself up was to slide.
As for this play I do think the defender touched Wentz pre goal line, but the video evidence looks to be inconclusive, so the play would've stayed as called.

Now the mistake was going for 2, has the Eagles taken the 1, they'd have been within 3 and in field goal position to try to tie for OT at the end.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an uneducated clown. I told you that you were wrong four hours before Manster posted that vid.
You even admitted you were wrong.
You tried moving the goal posts and got outed by almost the entire hoop.
I've asked you before please stop posting. You're starting to embbarass 3rd world educators.

Woah, hold on, and give up the entertainment?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I will agree with, and in all honesty I thought the rule to give yourself up was to slide.
As for this play I do think the defender touched Wentz pre goal line, but the video evidence looks to be inconclusive, so the play would've stayed as called.

Now the mistake was going for 2, has the Eagles taken the 1, they'd have been within 3 and in field goal position to try to tie for OT at the end.

I think if they just kicked the XP, it would have been 17-13. My guess is they again just kick the XP after their next touchdown and make it 20-17 (same as it ended up being). So I’m not sure going for 2 and failing impacted anything in this exact situation.

Regardless, I didn’t have an issue with it because the Eagles offense hadn’t done much to that point. It seemed more likely their next scoring opportunity would be a FG than a TD, so trying to get within 3 made sense to me. Plus I know Doug is aggressive so I sort of expect it at this point.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they just kicked the XP, it would have been 17-13. My guess is they again just kick the XP after their next touchdown and make it 20-17 (same as it ended up being). So I’m not sure going for 2 and failing impacted anything in this exact situation.

Regardless, I didn’t have an issue with it because the Eagles offense hadn’t done much to that point. It seemed more likely their next scoring opportunity would be a FG than a TD, so trying to get within 3 made sense to me. Plus I know Doug is aggressive so I sort of expect it at this point.

I think 2 points would have brought them to within 3. If that’s right then going for 2 was the absolute right call.

In fact, on the falcons next possession they had the pick in the end zone. I remember thinking that was big bc a FG makes it an 8 point game.

Still can’t believe the falcons won that game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My mistake I thought the missed 2 points was their last TD.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 points would have brought them to within 3. If that’s right then going for 2 was the absolute right call.

In fact, on the falcons next possession they had the pick in the end zone. I remember thinking that was big bc a FG makes it an 8 point game.

Still can’t believe the falcons won that game.

You’re telling me. Couldn’t sleep after the game.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you able to get to any tracks this summer?

Unfortunately, no. Not even Parx, which is a complete dump but is only about 20 minutes from me. I may reload my TVG account in the next few weeks and see if I can hit on some of the Fall/Winter 2YO stakes races.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was technically correct but so incredibly wrong they have to change it. A QB diving head first into the end zone I not a QB giving himself up
I agree with you about that rule, but two points. First off it doesn't actually matter in this situation because he was down either way. His knee was down AND he was touched. So whether he was a QB, RB, WR, etc he was still down. I think they only quoted the rule at the game because since they had to overturn the call, they need indisputable evidence. It was clear, obvious and indisputable that the knee was down. He was touched too, but that wasn't quite as obvious. So since they already had him down via the QB specific rule they didn't need to go to the "was he touched rule" that covers non-QBs. Hope I explained that as clearly as it was in my head.

On the QB rule. What do you do? If the QB is still live and can slide like another player or dive and get back up if untouched then the defenders need to be allowed to dive at him to stop him and this creates a possible injury. You can't have it both ways. So it just is going to have to be a quirky things that QBs need to be smart enough to know ahead of time and then decide how they want to act on plays like that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Qb rules I disagree with but still doesnt change the facts.

Eagles game with QB rule called properly. Nothing to argue about.

Bears/Broncos game with QB rule called improperly. Plenty to argue about.

Not sure what PE1 wanted to fight about? :noidea: