• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia @ Atlanta 8:20pm ET NBC

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want us to break your other leg too?

The call was technically correct but so incredibly wrong they have to change it. A QB diving head first into the end zone I not a QB giving himself up

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was technically correct but so incredibly wrong they have to change it. A QB diving head first into the end zone I not a QB giving himself up

He was touched by a defender before the call crossed the goaline

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was touched by a defender before the call crossed the goaline
I can't find the video of it, but that's what I thought too. He made contact with a defender so as soon as his knee is down he is down. The ball hadn't crossed the line.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the video of it, but that's what I thought too. He made contact with a defender so as soon as his knee is down he is down. The ball hadn't crossed the line.

You and I both called it immediately however, they never got to that issue because the rule kicked in and BY RULE he was down. Simple Jack is still arguing though.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love @PhoenixEagles1 pouring over these videos and drawing little boxes around the players. Haha. He’s analyzing this stuff like those conspiracy theorists analyze the Zapruder film.

:pound:

I have no idea how to make those. Got them off PE.com message board where people complained about that play and the pics had me thinking they were right but Mansters video and your rule explanation on screens proved me wrong. I have no shame admitting when I’m wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how to make those. Got them off PE.com message board where people complained about that play and the pics had me thinking they were right but Mansters video and your rule explanation on screens proved me wrong. I have no shame admitting when I’m wrong.

Sure you do... just last week you were wrong about the number of possessions the eagles had in the first half. You ran like a bitch then.

PE.com... Bwhahaha.

That’s hilarious!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s not what happened. They said since he dove he was “giving himself up as a running QB” and where ever his knee hits he’s down. They said he wasn’t touched before he scored but a QB diving into the end zone isn’t giving himself up like when they slide down

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says not touched down before crossing. Looks to me like he is, but that is the NFL rules officials ruling the next day. :noidea:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not what happened. They said since he dove he was “giving himself up as a running QB” and where ever his knee hits he’s down. They said he wasn’t touched before he scored but a QB diving into the end zone isn’t giving himself up like when they slide down

Nobody ever said he “wasn’t touched”. You’re such a liar.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says not touched down before crossing. Looks to me like he is, but that is the NFL rules officials ruling the next day. :noidea:

I don’t recall them saying whether he was touched or not, only that his knee touched before he crossed the plane so he was deemed to have given himself up. It’s irrelevant whether he was touched or not.

The call is correct but the rule is bad. It doesn’t protect quarterbacks (Wentz still gets hit) and it doesn’t jive with reality (Wentz was not trying to give himself up).

I’d like to see the rule revised so it doesn’t apply on 4th downs or near the goal line. Probably won’t happen, but I’d like to see it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a Riverside CALIFORNIA news site dissected a play to show the Eagles were robbed?
I for one ain't buying it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever said he “wasn’t touched”. You’re such a liar.

Whether he was touched or not was irrelevant to the official ruling. His knee touched down and he was deemed to have given himself up, regardless of whether he was touched or not.

It’s a bad rule, IMO.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t recall them saying whether he was touched or not, only that his knee touched before he crossed the plane so he was deemed to have given himself up. It’s irrelevant whether he was touched or not.

The call is correct but the rule is bad. It doesn’t protect quarterbacks (Wentz still gets hit) and it doesn’t jive with reality (Wentz was not trying to give himself up).

I’d like to see the rule revised so it doesn’t apply on 4th downs or near the goal line. Probably won’t happen, but I’d like to see it.

They never got to the issue of whether he was touched or not bc of the rule but the video shows a defender there

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he was touched or not was irrelevant to the official ruling. His knee touched down and he was deemed to have given himself up, regardless of whether he was touched or not.

Correct

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you do... just last week you were wrong about the number of possessions the eagles had in the first half. You ran like a bitch then.

PE.com... Bwhahaha.

That’s hilarious!!

I didn’t run like a butch. There was a post where I said I’m not sure this is correct cause someone else said it. I just didn’t take the time to verify

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. But hypothetically shouldn’t there be a penalty on Atlanta for hitting a QB giving himself up.
The call was correct, just needs to be fixed

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. But hypothetically shouldn’t there be a penalty on Atlanta for hitting a QB giving himself up.
The call was correct, just needs to be fixed.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a Riverside CALIFORNIA news site dissected a play to show the Eagles were robbed?
I for one ain't buying it.

Huhh? PhiladelphiaEagles.com
I don’t know how to do all that computer shit