• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFT Preseason Power Rankings

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is about right but would probably put them 4. I just consider Denver, Green Bay definitely more of a threat and possibly Atlanta at the #3 spot. Just not high on the Ravens at the moment without Lewis/Reed. I get they gained Dumervil, but dunno.

Seattle IMO is pretty stout across the board since they kept everyone from last year but they still have pass rush concerns with Clemons out, Avril is going to play LBer some so who knows how that will turn out, Irvin is suspended for 4 games... lot of questions on that D. Harvin adds threat to the offense which pretty much stays the same so no big deal there.

San Fran is the only other one I'd consider ahead of Seattle but IMO they have more questions than Seattle does. Namely, suspect secondary (on par with Seattle's suspect pass rush), no Crabtree who was a big weapon for them last year, Gore hitting the magical age of 30 and Lattimore not being able to contribute for this year, etc.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this list compare to the redskins fans' "unbiased" top 10-twelve list?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to have serious doubts about Denver. Von Miller is one of the 10 best players in the league right now, imo, and they lost Dumervil and Champ Bailey got burned in the playoffs last year and isn't getting any younger. Their running game doesn't look amazing. Peyton is really good at what he does but he has to be smart about it, too. His arm strength isn't elite anymore. Just his accuracy and decision making. They look like a 10-6 team that makes the playoffs because they are in a weak division and then gets bounced.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to have serious doubts about Denver. Von Miller is one of the 10 best players in the league right now, imo, and they lost Dumervil and Champ Bailey got burned in the playoffs last year and isn't getting any younger. Their running game doesn't look amazing. Peyton is really good at what he does but he has to be smart about it, too. His arm strength isn't elite anymore. Just his accuracy and decision making. They look like a 10-6 team that makes the playoffs because they are in a weak division and then gets bounced.

Where'd Champ go or is he a FA?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where'd Champ go or is he a FA?

Poor syntax.

He said they lost Dumervil.

And Champ got burned in the playoffs.

Not "they lost Dumervil and Champ...."

Long story short, he's still a CB on the Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Champ before that playoff game had allowed 1 touchdown all year and that was to AJ Green. He still graded out as a top 10 corner so not sure you can judge a player off of one game.

I agree the Von Miller loss will hurt but it isn't like he is gone for the season just the first 4 games in which they are playing 3 teams with losing records last year.

The running game definitely is a big question mark as a rookie and 2nd year guy will need to step up but it is not unheard of for a rookie running back to have a good year (looking at you Doug Martin and Morris).

Also about Peyton arm strength you might want to go look at the top 5 quarterbacks for passing percentage and number of passes completed over 25 yards last season. Pretty sure Peyton is number 2 on the list. Throw in reports are his arm is stronger than last year.

Having said all that I do think the Broncos have some question marks on both sides of the ball but I would also say they have less than most teams. They should still have a top 5 offense whether the running backs are outstanding or not with how good the passing attack should be. Defensively they were 2nd or 3rd in the league depending on what defensive stats you prefer and losing Dumervil but gaining DRC, Jammer, Knighton, and Williams they could take a step back but they were a top 3 defense in the NFL last season. Dumervil was good but he was not good enough to all of a sudden make them go from being a great defense to a bad one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor syntax.

He said they lost Dumervil.

And Champ got burned in the playoffs.

Not "they lost Dumervil and Champ...."

Long story short, he's still a CB on the Broncos

Ah yah, that was me misreading lol. Inserting commas in sentences in my mind... oh boy. :gaah:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ before that playoff game had allowed 1 touchdown all year and that was to AJ Green. He still graded out as a top 10 corner so not sure you can judge a player off of one game.

Word. I got so annoyed after Matt Ryan chucked it deep to Roddy White about 6-7 times and FINALLY White grabbed one for a TD and everyone was like, "SEE SHERMAN SUCKS!" like :wtf2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. I got so annoyed after Matt Ryan chucked it deep to Roddy White about 6-7 times and FINALLY White grabbed one for a TD and everyone was like, "SEE SHERMAN SUCKS!" like :wtf2:

Players who do good work all year then allow one bad play seem to never be remembered for the 99% of the time they were good but the 1% that they messed up. It was the same with Rahim Moore for the Broncos. His one bad play will go down in history and he will have a hard time ever being remembered for anything else unless he makes some game changing play during his career.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same with Rahim Moore for the Broncos. His completely godawful, pathetic bad play will go down in history as being one of the most inexplicably bad defensive plays the playoffs has ever seen and he will have a hard time ever being remembered for anything else unless he makes some game changing play during his career.
Fixed

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
added one of the most dangerous weapons in football in Percy Harvin

Yes a guy that has only played in one full season and is a massive head case, huge weapon added. He has yet to even pass the 1000 yard mark as a receiver

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a guy that has only played in one full season and is a massive head case, huge weapon added. He has yet to even pass the 1000 yard mark as a receiver

He's still someone you have to undeniably gameplan for. You can't just go out there and say, "Eh just cover Percy Harvin."

Agreed with you on your other points. Lot of question marks around Percy Harvin for the praise he gets, but there's no better slot receiver at this time in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still someone you have to undeniably gameplan for. You can't just go out there and say, "Eh just cover Percy Harvin."

Agreed with you on your other points. Lot of question marks around Percy Harvin for the praise he gets, but there's no better slot receiver at this time in the NFL.

I don't know if I would say he is the best slot receiver in the game. When the guy has yet to go over a thousand yards receiving it is hard to call him the best receiver at anything. Now I would call him one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL as he is a good receiver, good running back, and a great return man. As a pure receiver though there are a few guys I would rate ahead of him.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle comes in at #4. Lower than I thought PFT would pick them, but higher than I think they should be. The Seahawks will take a step back this year.

You should worry about the Ravens taking a big step back this year - instead of the Seahawks who have only added weapons not lost half of their defense.

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming this is fantasy football nonsense

my rankings

SF
GB
Atl
Wash
Sea
Den
Bal
NO
NYG
NE
Hou
Stl
Pitt

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should worry about the Ravens taking a big step back this year - instead of the Seahawks who have only added weapons not lost half of their defense.

I actually could not care less about the Seahawks. I was just stating my opinion on PFT's most recent pick which is what this thread is about.

My apologies if I hurt your feelings.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my rankings

SF
GB
Atl
Wash
Sea
Den
Bal
NO
NYG
NE
Hou
Stl
Pitt

I understand that the NFC looks very top heavy this year but to not have an AFC team until 6th on the list is pretty ridiculous. The AFC might be down a bit but not that much. In fact over the last 10 years the AFC has dominated the interconference games. The last 2 years are the first time the NFC has actually won the overall record since 1995. I agree that there should be more NFC teams in the top 10 than AFC Teams but this list is ridiculous. Throw in your homerism towards Washington is just off the charts. In fact every team on that list I would probably rate higher than Washington at this point.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens in at #3.

Broncos and 49ers as the top two? No surprise there.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my rankings

SF
GB
Atl
Wash
Sea
Den
Bal
NO
NYG
NE
Hou
Stl
Pitt

How many threads are you going to post these weak rankings in? We all get that you are a complete Foreskins homer. Move on and take your BS elsewhere.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually could not care less about the Seahawks. I was just stating my opinion on PFT's most recent pick which is what this thread is about.

My apologies if I hurt your feelings.

I was just looking for some reasoning and found none. My feelings would never get hurt.