• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF's offensive line rankings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As we did back for the 2010 season, we’ve looked at our individual ratings for every single offensive lineman on each NFL team, added them up and come up three different categories to rank them: Pass blocking, run blocking (including screens), and penalties.

From there we’ve added them up and what you’ve got are our (as of Week 13) offensive line rankings.

It’s not a perfect science since we rate players and not units, nor does it take into account strength of opponent, but it’s as good as anything out there, so enjoy No.’s 1-32 all in one article.

Offensive Lines: Mid-Season Report | ProFootballFocus.com

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Surprised to see us so low (28th) in pass blocking. Obviously we've had our share of struggles in that area, but I didn't realize it had been so bad comparatively. It's really frustrating to have invested so much in the OL and still watch them struggle. What's the fix?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Davis has to be flawless throughout the rest of the season. I know Boone's our backup left tackle but the extension Baalke just gave him hopefully puts a fire under Davis to play well the rest of the year and into the playoffs. If AD has another terrible game(which would be his 3rd straight), I think a benching is in order.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis had a bad game vs the ravens, yes(so did his RG)... something about playing next to Rachal brings the worst of Davis.

But this season Davis HAS been one of our better and consistent OL... earlier in the year False starts yes, but really haven't seen a foul committed against him, not even a hold.

Anthony Davis is a keeper.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they are rated individually I'm sure Davis and Rachal really drag us down in the rankings.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF:

"This ranking is nearly entirely the fault of the right side of the line. Anthony Davis has been horrible since entering the league, and putting Adam Synder next to him is like an invitation for pass rushers to get to Alex Smith. This may have been necessitated by Chilo Rachal going from a stud in 2010 to a dud in 2011, but given the history of Snyder it was never going to end well. Much better team when it comes to run blocking."

...And were done here...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a better option than Davis and Boone.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't have any illusions about Snyder. He still sucks, and it was his play at RT that led to drafting Anthony Davis wasn't it? I just think it is crazy that Rachal is playing so damn bad that he makes Snyder look good... that whole addition by subtraction thing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see us so low (28th) in pass blocking. Obviously we've had our share of struggles in that area, but I didn't realize it had been so bad comparatively. It's really frustrating to have invested so much in the OL and still watch them struggle. What's the fix?

i was surprised it was that high

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis has to be flawless throughout the rest of the season. I know Boone's our backup left tackle but the extension Baalke just gave him hopefully puts a fire under Davis to play well the rest of the year and into the playoffs. If AD has another terrible game(which would be his 3rd straight), I think a benching is in order.

if boone can beat out davis at RT that could be the best thing. i think davis would be a pro bowl guard

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we can't do much for the rest of this season, we just coach'em the best we can. if they get beat cause of our 'inferior' talent, then we get beat. just don't get beat cause of not knowing who to block, or poor efforts.

looking ahead.........we let the natural process of drafting and free agency fix our O-line. yeah we used HIGH draft picks, but as opportunties arise for upgrade, do it. high draft status shouldn't save these guys cause by the end of this season, they've had enough opportunity to show their worth.

upgrading a line doesn't occur fast, so it might be just one next off-season. every year there are player changes, the O-line aren't immune to changes.