• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF's All-First Quarter Team

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/03/pff-all-first-quarter-of-the-season-team-offense/

Tight End: Vernon Davis, SF (+10.0)

While a stunning performance from Greg Olsen nearly stole a starting spot, the consistency of Davis holds off the challenge. Davis has graded in the green in all four games and is yet to earn a negative grade in any area. His four touchdowns get him the attention he deserves, but so often a hit-and-miss run blocker, he’s taken his game to a new, much more reliable level.

---------------

Honorable Mention: Ryan Clady (DEN) , Branden Albert (KC), and Joe Staley (SF)

----------------

Guards: Mike Iupati, SF (+8.3) and Marshal Yanda, BLT (+13.0)

With a fine performance against the Jets, Iupati takes the nod at left guard. That was his fourth positively-graded performance in a row as the agile big man continues to open up running lanes while only surrendering two quarterback disruptions so far. Yanda may have given up four penalties, but you can look past that with some dominant run blocking. His performances the past two weeks should let everyone know just who the top guard in the league is right now.

Honorable Mention: Alex Boone (SF), Evan Mathis (PHI), and Jahri Evans (NO)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/03/pff-all-first-quarter-of-the-season-team-defense/

Defensive Front 3-4

Honorable Mention: Haloti Ngata (BAL), Muhammad Wilkerson (NYJ), and Justin Smith (SF)

-------------------

Inside Linebackers: NaVorro Bowman, SF (+9.9) and Sean Lee, DAL (+7.6)

There was a time when Patrick Willis was the unquestioned top linebacker in the league. Now he may not even be the best linebacker on his team. That transition hasn’t quite happened yet, but is there anyone out there playing better than Bowman? Pairing him with his own Penn State partner in crime gives a formidable duo, but neither could rest easy given just how well Willis and Daryl Washington are playing.

Honorable Mention: Daryl Washington (ARZ) and Patrick Willis (SF)

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kinda shocked how Joe Staley always seems to grade out well and get honors. Just like last year I was shocked when he was named an all-pro.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Alex Boone get an honorable mention as well.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Joe has been doing great in the run game with pulling and what not this year. Announcers have pointed it out even.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda shocked how Joe Staley always seems to grade out well and get honors. Just like last year I was shocked when he was named an all-pro.

I'm not shocked at all. Staley is a damn solid LT. He's not elite, but how many "elite" LTs are left in the league?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dislike the standard that only he seems to be held to on this board. More so than any other player. Aside from MAYBE Joe Thomas, there are no Jonathan Ogdens, Walter Jones', and Orlando Paces in the league anymore.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dislike the standard that only he seems to be held to on this board. More so than any other player. Aside from MAYBE Joe Thomas, there are no Jonathan Ogdens, Walter Jones', and Orlando Paces in the league anymore.

I love Staley and I think he is one of the top LT in the game. He did start the year off a little rough though.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Staley a lot too, just seems like he is one of the weaker links on the line sometimes. Seems to give up a lot of sacks for being someone that is an all pro and grades out well.

Part of this is probably because some of the other guys on our line are playing at a very high level right now. Davis, Boone, and Iupati are playing extremely well. Talking damn near best at their positions in the league.

Also, I think part of it for me too is a point clyde_carbon brought up. I guess there really arent those elite guys I remember from the past so comparably with todays LT's, he's in the upper tier.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. However, i think Eugene Monroe needs more credit than he has received, which is basically 0. Matt Kalil might get to that level very soon. I would probably take Jake Long and Michael Oher over Staley. I'm not calling for Staley's job by any means, though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. However, i think Eugene Monroe needs more credit than he has received, which is basically 0. Matt Kalil might get to that level very soon. I would probably take Jake Long and Michael Oher over Staley. I'm not calling for Staley's job by any means, though.

Oher over Staley? Is that a joke? Oher can't even stay on one position.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, i feel like the offensive line is the group on offense that benefited the most by having the same system and coaching staff 2 years in a row. They were pretty good last year, but they have been kinda dominant so far this year.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, i feel like the offensive line is the group on offense that benefited the most by having the same system and coaching staff 2 years in a row. They were pretty good last year, but they have been kinda dominant so far this year.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Boone and AD. Goodwin is a capable C, but if we can upgrade in the off season we have to pull the trigger. Hopefully Kilgore can step in when he's needed.