• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to say it. I want him as a coach. He's going to retire, and with his relationship with Caldwell, I'd love for him to begin his coaching career with us.

Get rid of Cooter, and start Peyton as a qb coach and maybe a playcaller. If the offense, under Lombardi, doesn't improve, you already have the replacement.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him go play for the Raiders or Rams. I'll be surprised if he retires. But he should. He's toast

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning used to run the entire practice, not to mention the whole offense WHILE he was playing. He can walk through the door of any stadium the league and be their offensive coordinator tomorrow. More than one team would let him be the head coach sight unseen with no interview heeded. Not to mention he can walk into any of the TV studios and point to a chair, and that studio would gladly fire whoever used to sit there. On top of that the rumor is he may retire this year specifically because he has a chance to be part of an ownership group, and he'll most likely take the John Elway path as a GM or executive of some sort on top of being part owner.

And you think he would pass all of those up to come to Detroit as QB coach?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make him OC. Just didn't want to turn this thread into a debate-fest about Lombardi. I've already done that argument, don't feel like repeating it. Point of the thread is I want Peyton as a coach.

I do think you are overestimating Peyton's opportunities. No team will make him a HC until after he's been an OC. And I would guarantee not every team would make him an OC tomorrow.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's done. Yes he looked bad down the stretch but maybe he was playing with an I jury that was worse than what they were reporting? I think he comes back just fine next year. His arm is definitely not as strong as it once was, but he's still one of the greats.

Denver however needs an insurance plan at QB. Peyton won't be there forever.

That being said, of course I'd love for Peyton to come coach.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take him as OC. QB coach doesn't seem like a stop he needs to make. Not that he wouldn't be an excellent choice in that role.

Id be shocked if he doesn't retire. Kellen Moore has a better arm at this point. But Im not sure he'll want to get into coaching immediately. It'll be interesting to see what his next gig is.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that he's one year removed from the greatest passing season in history, I think it's a bit early to put a fork in him. His play dropped off a lot in the second half and I'm wondering if there was a shoulder injury that he has kept quiet.

I also think that his desire to make sure he has the career TD and yards totals over Brady may keep him around for one more year. Brady could play 4 more years and would challenge both if he did. One more 4000 yard, 30 TD season and Manning should be confident he'll hold the all-time marks unless Luck plays 18-19 years.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Peyton was playing with a quad injury. Makes sense. Not being able to step into throws correctly would expose that weak arm even more. So maybe he will come back. I still think he should retire, though.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fox gone, I am not sure he will stay in Denver. It will depend on who the next HC is. Hard to play on a new team at his age. He likes to control things which no team will do for a QB that is only there for a year or 2. Not like Favre who was just a hired gun and just went in and played and that's it.

I would consider firing Lombardi for him. What he could do for Stafford would be huge. His play calling cant be any worse then what we had this year.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's done. Yes he looked bad down the stretch but maybe he was playing with an I jury that was worse than what they were reporting? I think he comes back just fine next year. His arm is definitely not as strong as it once was, but he's still one of the greats.

Denver however needs an insurance plan at QB. Peyton won't be there forever.

That being said, of course I'd love for Peyton to come coach.

They do have Osweiler(sp?) that has been learning behind Manning. Not sure how he is coming along but he's a big bodied kid that had a pretty good college career. Learning behind Manning has got to be great for his development.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, I'd wager that Manning is done in Denver now that they let the entire coaching staff go. I don't think he's ready to retire, but the question is where does he end up?

Does he go to the Bills to directly challenge Brady? The Bills have a top-notch defense a good o-line, and some receiving weapons. Peyton would probably have free reign of the offense there.

The St. Louis Rams are another reasonable option. Good defense, a few skill players, and a well-respected coach.

I'm sure Cleveland would love to have him, but don't think they'd be his first choice, to be honest.

Houston makes some sense. Another team that is a QB away from being a contender.

If Chicago can deal Cutler, then Manning makes a lot of sense for them.

Oakland would be another option if they wanted to give Carr a bit more time to develop.

Tampa Bay might be a dark horse, too. They need a QB and boast a pair of towering wideouts to entice Manning to the sunshine state...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, I'd wager that Manning is done in Denver now that they let the entire coaching staff go. I don't think he's ready to retire, but the question is where does he end up?

Does he go to the Bills to directly challenge Brady? The Bills have a top-notch defense a good o-line, and some receiving weapons. Peyton would probably have free reign of the offense there.

The St. Louis Rams are another reasonable option. Good defense, a few skill players, and a well-respected coach.

I'm sure Cleveland would love to have him, but don't think they'd be his first choice, to be honest.

Houston makes some sense. Another team that is a QB away from being a contender.

If Chicago can deal Cutler, then Manning makes a lot of sense for them.

Oakland would be another option if they wanted to give Carr a bit more time to develop.

Tampa Bay might be a dark horse, too. They need a QB and boast a pair of towering wideouts to entice Manning to the sunshine state...

My money is on the Rams. Houston is a nice guess too. I think the Bears are leaning toward keeping Cutler but we'll see.

When Manning retires I don't see him taking a coaching job. I think he'll get in with ownership somewhere. Maybe Tennessee.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him go play for the Raiders or Rams. I'll be surprised if he retires. But he should. He's toast

And you'll be nervous as hell until he does retire, Rob. Why does he scare you so bad?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'll be nervous as hell until he does retire, Rob. Why does he scare you so bad?

I hope he plays forever. Watching him fail is glorious.

He failed in college (never beat Florida), failed at life (divorced) and he failed on the field. He just got his whole staff fired. Dude is a loser.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he plays forever. Watching him fail is glorious.

He failed in college (never beat Florida), failed at life (divorced) and he failed on the field. He just got his whole staff fired. Dude is a loser.

I can only imagine how horrible his life is, Rob.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can always go to Counseling with Dan Marino and know atleast he won a super bowl........I have a hunch Peyton will be just fine......How many starting QBs have won a super bowl in the last million years?

Peyton is one, and consider many have won more then one not many people have accomplished what Peyton has.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for hiring Manning as OC an firing Lombari ASAP.

I'd actually take a shot with whoever wins the national championship of NFL madden as OC over Lombardi.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Manning would get us in the playoffs every year and then gag calling plays. Gagging is what he's best at. No thanks!