• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Petition to bring back AD for one more year as a Viking in 2019

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so well all know it'll never happen, but evidently I was completely wrong about AP's ability to continue producing at a high level. His level of play this year so far as got me wondering about how he'd do with the current team.

1. Cousins being vastly superior to anyone else besides Favre that AD had at QB
2. Thielen and Diggs tearing it up in the passing game to take pressure off AD
3. AD as primary RB with Cook as rotational/3rd down back and Murray/a draft pick subbing in as needed for both.
4. Could probably get him for the vet minimum or close to it without breaking the bank.

I would never have suggested this until seeing that Cook is clearly as delicate as fine china, making it hard to see him ever lasting a full season as the main guy. So I'd be okay with him splitting carries with someone like Peterson. Do all this and draft/bring in FA's for O-line improvements and that offense could look scary good. Plus, in the event of AP having a poor game, the rest of the offense wouldn't automatically be done for like it always was in years past with us.

What would be NOT to like about this? AP has proven that he can continue to defy Father Time, and we'd be in perfect position to lighten the workload on him while giving him one more title run as a legendary Viking. Alas, all wishful thinking. But I'll wish for it despite how unlikely it is for the stars to align that way.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Could probably get him for the vet minimum or close to it without breaking the bank.

That right there.... You gotta be kidding me. He has always been about "what he is worth" He thinks the world of himself. And he proved himself still worthy to start in this league. But No... way.... in.... hell, if I am running the organization, am I spending millions on a guy that doesn't have a great relationship after the fallout (who cares who's fault) when we have two very decent RB. Especially Murray when we got Balsa wood Cook getting hurt every other practice.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me stand myself corrected! I thought he didn’t make league min. Maybe it was bonuses on performance I read. Either way I was wrong on my point. Still, no on AP. Vikings have moved on. And I think it would be just a distraction.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me stand myself corrected! I thought he didn’t make league min. Maybe it was bonuses on performance I read. Either way I was wrong on my point. Still, no on AP. Vikings have moved on. And I think it would be just a distraction.

Yeah the thread was more about nostalgia than anything else. Obviously, assuming such a move would work out that well is way too optimistic. He's better off looking to other teams like he has been for the past couple of years from here on out. It was a nice run when we had him, too bad we never had a legit QB when he was in his 20's. Oh well.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope when he finally realizes he's done he signs a one day contract and retires a Viking!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope when he finally realizes he's done he signs a one day contract and retires a Viking!

I can't imagine they wouldn't ask him to retire a Viking when he finally hangs it up, barring something totally unexpected happening with him with off-field issues or if he himself refused. I have to believe that AD realized that his legacy is ultimately as a bona fide Viking regardless of what he does/accomplishes with other teams for the remainder of his playing days, and will want to embrace that. So yeah I'd say they need to do it too, and he's one of the very few players we've had in recent history that I'd say we definitely need to retire his jersey number for. The 28 banner should be hanging up in U.S. Bank stadium with him in the Vikes Ring of Honor no later than a couple of seasons after he decides he's finished with football.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he still beats his kid.

He can pound sand

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he still beats his kid.

He can pound sand

Yeah, I saw that he openly claimed he still does exactly what got him into hot water in the first place with that whole situation years ago. I always had strong doubts that he had ever learned anything from his mistakes in that ordeal based on how he always seemed to refuse to take ownership for what he'd done beyond paying whatever minimum debts he had to in community service/court fines/probation requirements, all of which I'm sure he got the best deals possible on since he had the money to hire the best lawyers for his case. I had kind of been holding out hope that he'd learned from it on some level, but evidently not so much. He's never come off as a very bright guy, and him coming out and saying that he still does that stuff now further validates that he's pretty dense and dumb.

Then as far as football itself goes, he's been slowing back down and coming back down to Earth again. He hasn't had a 70+ yard game in his past 4. Only 5 of his 11 so far this season can really be classified as "big games" for him, or 6 if you include his week 11 game against Houston with 2 TD's but just 51 yard on 16 carries. So, all that taken into consideration, I'm not so sure he's defied the odds quite as much as people thought he was on track for earlier in the year. He's slowing down pretty sharply just like he did after the first half or so of his last full season of 2015. So for now, I'm taking back admitting I was wrong about his current abilities on the field. He's a shell of his former self, even if he did have a few big games that put him a couple extra spots up on the all-time rushing leaders list. Looks like he's still got a good shot to surpass Eric Dickerson for #8 all-time rushing yardage if he can make it through the rest of the season, but he's clearly running low on gas at this stage.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that he openly claimed he still does exactly what got him into hot water in the first place with that whole situation years ago. I always had strong doubts that he had ever learned anything from his mistakes in that ordeal based on how he always seemed to refuse to take ownership for what he'd done beyond paying whatever minimum debts he had to in community service/court fines/probation requirements, all of which I'm sure he got the best deals possible on since he had the money to hire the best lawyers for his case. I had kind of been holding out hope that he'd learned from it on some level, but evidently not so much. He's never come off as a very bright guy, and him coming out and saying that he still does that stuff now further validates that he's pretty dense and dumb.

Then as far as football itself goes, he's been slowing back down and coming back down to Earth again. He hasn't had a 70+ yard game in his past 4. Only 5 of his 11 so far this season can really be classified as "big games" for him, or 6 if you include his week 11 game against Houston with 2 TD's but just 51 yard on 16 carries. So, all that taken into consideration, I'm not so sure he's defied the odds quite as much as people thought he was on track for earlier in the year. He's slowing down pretty sharply just like he did after the first half or so of his last full season of 2015. So for now, I'm taking back admitting I was wrong about his current abilities on the field. He's a shell of his former self, even if he did have a few big games that put him a couple extra spots up on the all-time rushing leaders list. Looks like he's still got a good shot to surpass Eric Dickerson for #8 all-time rushing yardage if he can make it through the rest of the season, but he's clearly running low on gas at this stage.

lolzzzz 90 yard TD

850 yards 7 TD's with 4 1/2 games remaining. Yep he sucks!