• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter Laviolette hired as head coach

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nashville Predators have hired Peter Laviolette as the second head coach in franchise history.

He replaces Barry Trotz, who was relieved of his duties last month. Laviolette is the former head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers, Carolina Hurricanes and New York Islanders. He won a Stanley Cup in 2006 with the Hurricanes. He is currently head coach of Team USA, which is playing in the upcoming World Championships in Belarus.

"Having reached the peak as a Stanley Cup Champion, Peter knows the intensity and urgency it will take to help our team reach its ultimate goal," Predators general manager David Poile said. "He is a great hockey mind who not only has a winning resume, but has done it with an aggressive offensive philosophy while also excelling in helping young players reach their potential. We look forward to Peter instilling his culture in Nashville immediately following his duties coaching the United States at the 2014 World Championship."

Said Laviolette: "I love the nucleus of this team, starting on the back end with two of the best players at their positions in defenseman Shea Weber and goaltender Pekka Rinne, in addition to a solid group of dependable veterans and talented, rising young talent. My challenge will be to impart a system that enables our young forwards to thrive and reach their offensive potential. Being a perennial Stanley Cup contender requires buy-in, passion and commitment from every player on the roster. I can't wait to get to Nashville and get started on our journey."

Predators hire Peter Laviolette as head coach

TENN.SPORTS.FAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needed this change, lets hope he finds a way to win us a championship.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting hire, completely different philosophy from Barry Trotz. Obviously the Predators are going in a completely different direction. Expect a more open style and more offense next year. Good luck Pred fans, I really like the potential of your team going forward.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vol bro's, this is a really good move! One of the best names on the market to replace Trotz. Well done! :yes: :clap:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can get us back on track and over the hump. We had some good teams under Trots, but always struggled to get out of the first round.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited! :suds: