• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pepperoni Rolls and Moonshine

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny... I've been going to games at Mountaineer Field since my college days. In over 35 years, I've had someone share some shine twice.... maybe thrice...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny... I've been going to games at Mountaineer Field since my college days. In over 35 years, I've had someone share some shine twice.... maybe thrice...
I hear you, it is all about keeping stereotypes going.....I have seen MUCH more moonshine at Marshall than WVU,

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, it is all about keeping stereotypes going.....I have seen MUCH more moonshine at Marshall than WVU,
You know how ESPN is with Mountaineer Nation. When you write that somebody became the first dental hygienist in the area feeds into the numerous stereotypes.

I think that the thing that pissed me off the most about this article is finding out that the Chief of Police in Summersville is swigging at games but drive 1 mile over the speed limit in that speed trap infested town on Route 19 and get a ticket. Made traveling back and forth between Chattanooga (TN) and Pittsburgh just that much longer. Reminded me of driving through Star City. Main reason why Crocketts was low on my list of establishments until a girl I was dating moved out that way. I know I couldn't walk 26 mph.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me of driving through Star City.
When I was in school in the early 1980s, my buddies and I went to a place in Westover called the Kettle, and old redneck, country, coal miner joint and did a lot of drinking there, I liked country music and the sunnyside bars were too "college" for lack of a better description. Our slumlord from when we lived up on first street above Sunnyside owned the place, so the miners left us alone. The Westover cops never fooled with us on the way back home, I too avoided Star City like the plague when imbibing. I was just looking on Google earth, I THINK the Kettle is now Scorers. Oh to relive those days!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink at all anymore but when I did I stayed away from shine on gameday cause...well I wanted to stay conscious and enjoy the game :laugh:.

Now in other settings...oh boy.

I always enjoyed introducing folks to shine for the first time, particularly if they were big drinkers anyway.

Me: "sip it, take your time"

Them: (Some folks from Wisconsin who DID drink beer like I've never seen before):

"Oh I've drank for years, anything and everything, I cant handle it"

45 minutes later (if that) speaking other languages, seeing things that aint there and trying HARD to stay awake...

My favorite was some blackberry shine that an ole boy from Alabama made for us. Sneaky smooth and potent. Had to pay attention with that stuff.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how ESPN is with Mountaineer Nation. When you write that somebody became the first dental hygienist in the area feeds into the numerous stereotypes.

I think that the thing that pissed me off the most about this article is finding out that the Chief of Police in Summersville is swigging at games but drive 1 mile over the speed limit in that speed trap infested town on Route 19 and get a ticket. Made traveling back and forth between Chattanooga (TN) and Pittsburgh just that much longer. Reminded me of driving through Star City. Main reason why Crocketts was low on my list of establishments until a girl I was dating moved out that way. I know I couldn't walk 26 mph.
To this day I refuse to do any business in Summersville until they get their sh*t together. Gameday it WOULD be a nice pit stop kind of place to grab some road snacks/food/drink ect. on the way to Morgantown but no way for me.
I stock up and make it a point to just drive on through there making sure not one cent gets spent in that speedtrap shizza hole.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHAT ? I brought some last year!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT ? I brought some last year!
You were the “maybe thrice” someone. Since you confirmed it the tally if 3, maybe four. You must have brought some good shit.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the “maybe thrice” someone. Since you confirmed it the tally if 3, maybe four. You must have brought some good shit.

Exactly...