• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pederson's winning streak still going

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article

It seems that while playing golf, that Pederson made a bet with NO Saints Sean Payton. Pederson ended up winning, and not only had some NO food sent to the coaching staff -- but also got the Eagles wearing "home jersies" on week 11 while playing an away game in NO.

I can see the NFL making a rule against such things, and interfering in the home/away jersies, given how stringent they are on jersies and procedures as it is. This has the potential to get really out of hand.

But, for this incident, it's funny as hell, and good to see the eagles winning. Now we bring our home jersies as a reminder, that we own them. Let the winning keep on rolling!!!!

Funny part also, they had talked about wagering on the kickoff (back at the 15 yard line). LOL. Like I said, this could really get out of hand... but funny nonetheless.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this story. Pretty good record in these jersies last year. Why no turn a hole of golf into deciding something that might just give a slight advantage.

I do find myself wishing this was a story we heard nezt off-season or at least after the game. Who knows what can come up with this league.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my ever running desire to not start original threads I am going to put this here ....

Doug Pederson Is Philadelphia’s Most Unlikely Icon

It’s not a particularly illustrative write up, it doesn’t tell us anything new. But I liked this quick read.

I’m getting more and more stoked for the season to start. It’s all uncharted territory since last February. Would I be as excited for another season coming? (yes....I am). Would I feel as much pressure to see the team be great and win it all? Of course the monkey is off our backs finally....but surprisingly the want to see great things and winning it all again is much stronger than I expected. It just isn’t as desperate and insistent.

So....as a new season dawns this was a great read to take one more look back at the amazing that happened last year. I always thought to myself that this tortured franchise finally winning it would have to be one of those “you can’t write this shit” situations. And I’m reminded again how right that was.

I did not think much of Doug’s hire. It felt similar to Andy’s hire years earlier. It meant an anticipated ceiling of competitive teams that can’t do the small things right and ultimately comes up short time and again. How arrogant is that? To be a fan who bitches and moans about having a competitive team? I admit it....in my fans heart that existed. And much of what happened the first year really worked to support that. We had a fresh coach and QB full of hope....and more full of questions. We didn’t do the small things well. I’m sure someone could find a post here where I called Doug “Andy Jr”.

And then last year happened. Where did that come from? I’m still flummoxed by that. But what I keep coming back to is that it had to be this way. When it’s finally broken through it had to be with a team seen as underdogs....with a coach no one expected much from. It had to come from a 4th down Super Bowl TD that went UDFA RB to third string TE to backup QB. It had to come with all the reasons in the world to doubt.

And so with that look back let’s bring on another season and see what happens when, as an Eagles fan, I’m somewhere I severely doubted I would be....on the other side of being World Champs!