• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pearson healthy scratch today

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprised, Pens fans have been on him the last 6-8 weeks. Bunch of bloggers out there saying a scratch is due and for $3.75 million and term left maybe moving him at the draft.

He was really an unsung hero last season here, he did so much that resulted in goals for his linemates so I assumed the good karma would catch him this season for goals in a Kings uniform.

After seeing him in the first 15-17 games though I was starting to wonder if he peaked already in that 24 goal season here.

Not like Hagelin is tearing it up here either so while the early returns were in Pittsburgh's favor, Blake might end up the winner by clearing out an extra year of cap space.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bad....basically traded for an orange cone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest. Kings at least got a 3rd rounder, a 6th, and the 3 years of cap relief.

At this point, on this particular trade, they would look like they came out ahead.

At least Pitt gets the cap relief now as well.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings definitely came out ahead, most importantly by clearing out cap space but seeing Pearson would have been painful too.

Penguins got out of that deal as well but took on Gudbranson, who has 2 more years at $4 million I believe. This move was out of necessity almost with Dumoulin going down and other injuries. The Johnson signing is still a huge head scratcher, that guy simply is a terrible defender no matter where he goes or whatever defense guru a team has sad to say.

I'll give Rutherford credit for making bold moves, but this is just another one in a long line that he has gotten himself into but shortly afterwards has had to get himself out of costing more assets.

Hope Pearson can find himself again in Vancouver, he was important to this team at one time but seemed to drop off a cliff overnight.