• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PC

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear any more "Pete Carroll can't coach in the NFL" trash. He has completely re-built a team from the ground up, all while remaining competitive and not tanking seasons to get the #1 pick. He is 31-24 with Seattle and is 2-2 in the playoffs in 3+ seasons. Unless you play in or win the Superbowl it is very tough to have a winning record in the playoffs. I hope that changes this season. I would like him to be 5-2 after this season.

Part of his success is bringing in JS. That guy and his crew are so far ahead of everyone in scouting and finding talent, I feel we will have a dynasty for some time to come, like the Belichick era in NE. I also love that we have gone back to our "ground Chuck" roots because I have always respected the Bears and Steelers for their Hard nosed, defensive, clock eating run game, grind it out style. The fact that we have an incredible QB that understands and is a perfect fit for the team's philosophy is just icing on top.

Even with players out for injury or suspension, we are still 6-1. Next man up attitude, and most of our backups could start for the Giants or Jags right now. Smith and Schofield could possibly start for almost any team in the league, and they are the backups.

Maybe this is just victory hangover talk, but damn this team that they have assembled and coached is so impressive.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At halftime last night when PC was walking in to the locker, the sideline reporter said that at the beginning of the game she thought that they could put up 50 tonight. His response was classic, "We still can".

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC's early coaching with the Jets and Pats have really turned him into a top notch coach. The mistakes he made he turned into positives as he built up USC into a powerhouse and now the Seahawks. PC and JS have done wonders and this fun ride we're on now is just the beginning.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was posting on the ESPN forums three plus years back. I said that hiring Pete Carrol was a big mistake. Jesus, was I wrong. We have a great coach, a franchise QB, and the best secondary in the NFL. Great time to be a Seahawks fan!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete didn't have the opportunity before to control personnel like he is now during his other stints in the NFL... That was one of the things he made very clear when coming here that he's gonna build things HIS WAY with no one overriding his decisions and clearly you can see from his experience at USC it's paid off ... And of course getting his guy at qb was a huge factor.... Drafting Wilson was brilliant..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've always defended the guy.

For the record, I've thought Carroll was a great coach since the 90's when he was unemployed, and I wanted him to be the 49ers' head coach when doofus Mariucci was the guy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Sapp saying after we hired him that "a little bird told him that Carroll was a phony" and that he'd flop. I thought it was classic given he's one of the biggest phony dirt bags in the business.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll the Man. The best thing he did was picking JS as the GM. What a team! They work hand in hand, and that isn't the way it works everywhere. Best Seahawks front office ever. Best Seahawk roster ever. Should be the best Seahawks team ever, I think they will prove to be that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Warren Sapp?

Being phony and being a good HC are not mutually exclusive. Do you think anyone on planet earth puts any stock in Bill Belichick's credibility / sincerity after spygate?

Last edited by a moderator:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp?

Being phony and being a good HC are not mutually exclusive. Do you think anyone on planet earth puts any stock in Bill Belichick's credibility / sincerity after spygate?

Being a little phony is a prerequisite for running a big time college program. You got to run around the country kissing HS students asses to get them to attend. Telling the truth, which would be something like "Hey, I get paid 7 figures to win and if you don't perform then you're going to get buried on the bench if we don't squeeze you out entirely" wouldn't get you very far.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda funny that when Carroll got here, it was thought that he was too "rah rah" for pro athletes to take him seriously as a head coach, but when other former college coaches came to the NFL and failed after taking the hard-ass dictator approach, analysts said that couldn't work in this league either. Regardless of your approach, one thing you can't be as an NFL head coach is a phony. Pro players don't respect phonies and if Carroll was a phony, he'd have lost this team because the veterans would have called him out early and often.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember where I saw it, but in an interview with PC, he said that after he got fired in NE, it was a huge blow to him. He took some time to re-think his approach to coaching the game. This is where he decided on the compete thing, and the total positive approach instead of the fear or guilt hard ass approach. He then went to USC and proved it worked on that level and as someone said above, when he took the job with the Hawks, he had to have control over hiring the GM and over player acquisition. Kudos to Paul Allen for seeing his vision and believing in it. JS gives PC a list of the top candidates and he makes the final decision. We saw it all play out in that first season with all the moves and letting TJ go because he wouldn't switch seats in the meeting room. Also, giving some players he knew a chance and then cutting one of them because he was not good enough. What a ride it has been, and I love that William Cornell is making the Rain City Redemption Doc. It really shows the amazing change in this team. I am so proud to be a Hawk fan and can't wait for this dynasty to grow! We are so lucky to have this management group.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day PC was announced as coach I was in shock not because of him being named HC but because the front office had made it clear they where going to be staying with JR. And I hated it, (JR being HC) I still remember the last five games of that year. And each game became a bigger and bigger blow out loss but worse of all was that after the Seahawks fell behind the team quite. You could see it in there body language and by watching the side line. It was sicking And to me once the Front office said he's are coach I know Seattle was going to suck for the next three years until he was fired, I know he would last the length of his contact but I thought that management would give him at least another year to get things going.. (I'm an M's fan so the thought they get rid of him only after a year seemed almost impossible) So shock was the only thing I felt when he was hired. As for a pro coach I was too young to see him in NY or new England but I know he was great at college.

Therefore for his first year I said he doesn't have to win but bye week ten and onward I wanted to see a team that would keep fighting even down against better teams and how they would response, (I figured if he couldn't get the players to bye in we'd all know before week 10 and thus no longer a HC I would feel could turn the ship around,) I just didn't want to see my team quite again.

Once the second year ended I was shock again, this time by people talking about PC only being 7-9 again. That second 7-9 team fought every game, battled, and was in every game if memory servers. It was at totally different team and he had won my full support. You could see vast improvements all over the D (That and his draft's kept coming up with GOLD)

So PC lets keep going forward and GO HAWKS!!!!