• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul McCartney releases new single in anticipation of new album Egypt River, set to be released 9/7

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I feel anything Harrison put out post Beatles was better than anything Paul put out. Paul lacks lyrical depth, if he can't hug and kiss it it's probably gonna suck
He was better when he collaborated with Lennon.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about the early Beatles, and have stated many times that without Dylan getting John stoned, they never would have reached the heights that they did, but I have grown to appreciate the hit-writing machine that they were in their early days. Those "bubble gum" songs are still hits today. Completely timeless. They will never go out of style.

Beatles rule, old and new.

Elvis was a badass in his own right, but one could easily use the bubblegum argument against him too, as he was as much a pretty white face, as he was a talented musician.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubts Harrison was the best musician tho.

I'm certain none of the others would disagree.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about the early Beatles, and have stated many times that without Dylan getting John stoned, they never would have reached the heights that they did, but I have grown to appreciate the hit-writing machine that they were in their early days. Those "bubble gum" songs are still hits today. Completely timeless. They will never go out of style.

Beatles rule, old and new.

Elvis was a badass in his own right, but one could easily use the bubblegum argument against him too, as he was as much a pretty white face, as he was a talented musician.

That's a fair assessment, I am by no means a Beatles hater I like a lot of their stuff I just feel that. 1. Best Entertainers is way the fuck of line.
2. Best Group ever is way over hyped.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair assessment, I am by no means a Beatles hater I like a lot of their stuff I just feel that. 1. Best Entertainers is way the fuck of line.
2. Best Group ever is way over hyped.

Best entertainers? No way.

Best Group? Easily arguable.

If you factor in everything. Timing, cultural impact, etc., you would be hard-pressed NOT to put them at No. 1, IMHumbleO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you factor in everything. Timing, cultural impact, etc., you would be hard-pressed NOT to put them at No. 1, IMHumbleO.
It could be argued either way, an argument not worth having because it can't be won one way or the other.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Beatles were ground breaking when it came to marketing and production technology. Musically? Its always an argument, and good one at that. I am not a fan of the Beatles' but I can appreciate the innovations they made and the influence they initiated.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a thought provoking response. The Beatles especially early on were the The Archies on Steroids bubble gum trash that was more pop than rock. Then they dropped some Acid and shit started getting a lot better. But I still feel their entertainment value paled in comparison to a lot of other acts.
Sorry, it was too ludicrous to merit any other response.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking specifically about the members? I cannot stand Lennon. He was a terrible father and person who people seemed to put on a pedestal for peace & love and all that shit. I never got that

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking specifically about the members? I cannot stand Lennon. He was a terrible father and person who people seemed to put on a pedestal for peace & love and all that shit. I never got that
Abusive husband and father.

But let's be honest...who wouldn't want to slap the shit out of Yoko?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I feel anything Harrison put out post Beatles was better than anything Paul put out. Paul lacks lyrical depth, if he can't hug and kiss it it's probably gonna suck
As McCartney says "what's wrong with that....?"

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
markdavidchapman-300x173.jpg
Biggest Beatles' fan ever

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But there was something about him that made the Beatles.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stellar McCartney like response. Lacks any real depth or thought.
Ya gotta come with something that makes at least a modicum of sense before you'll get one from me. Your drivel got the response it earned. Elvis, better than the Beatles? Good lord! Hell, Elvis couldn't even write a song or play an instrument. The Beatles were a completely self-contained rock band, a cultural phenomenon of the times. Wrote, played and sang their own music. Te growth from Meet The Beatles to Abbey Road was simly phenomenal. Complete changes in style and manner and they made it work; whatever they touched turned to gold.

Elvis is no different than the assembly line "stars" of today. I'd compare him to Brittany Spears.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But there was something about him that made the Beatles.
IMO as a collective, their talents and personalities made it work brilliantly. I was just speaking about Lennon as an individual.

I am reading a bio on Mike Love right now and he discussed his interactions with the Beatles. They actually spent a lot of time together through a mutual interest in Transcendental Meditation. One evening George Harrison and he were hanging out and Harrison kind of scolded him saying "like your music, but you guys really need to put more thought into your album artwork"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO as a collective, their talents and personalities made it work brilliantly. I was just speaking about Lennon as an individual.

I am reading a bio on Mike Love right now and he discussed his interactions with the Beatles. They actually spent a lot of time together through a mutual interest in Transcendental Meditation. One evening George Harrison and he were hanging out and Harrison kind of scolded him saying "like your music, but you guys really need to put more thought into your album artwork"
Agreed. The synergy of those 4 together was astonishing especially when compared to what they put out as solo acts.