• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Allen RIP

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real owner and a true northwestern. It just shows that even if you have $20 your time will still come so enjoy the little things that make up life.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real owner and a true northwestern. It just shows that even if you have $20 your time will still come so enjoy the little things that make up life.

Paul Allen is the definition of a perfect owner (don’t follow the Blazers and from the outside it seems a little different) but his vision helped shape the Seahawks and Sounders, and most importantly to me is he donated an entire veterinarian program to Washington State University and gave a real legitimate reason for my kids to want to attend school there instead of dad wants them to go there.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP, this is just awful on multiple levels. First of all Fuck Cancer.

But yeah not much to add other then this guy meant so much to the Pacific Northwest. Sports specifically he was a fan and winning meant something to him. Completely opposite of the baseball team. Not many owners would eat a bad coaching contract after one year like he did with Jim Mora but he did and it helped bring Seattle a championship. An owner that would write checks to win. We wont ever see a better owner in Seattle.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP, this is just awful on multiple levels. First of all Fuck Cancer.

But yeah not much to add other then this guy meant so much to the Pacific Northwest. Sports specifically he was a fan and winning meant something to him. Completely opposite of the baseball team. Not many owners would eat a bad coaching contract after one year like he did with Jim Mora but he did and it helped bring Seattle a championship. An owner that would write checks to win. We wont ever see a better owner in Seattle.

Difference between Allen and the Mariners is Paul Allen didn’t really care for football so he opened his wallet book to hire great football minds to run the show. The Mariners open their pocket book up for GM’s who no one wants, managers no one wants etc. All of his coaching hires were guys nearly every organization wanted, his GM hire was a young next in line for the GM position with the Packers. Spending money is great but you have to spend wisely. Like I don’t know, giving fat contract extension to two guys who have never made the playoffs then let go the one position coach who’s players were the strongest of the team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between Allen and the Mariners is Paul Allen didn’t really care for football so he opened his wallet book to hire great football minds to run the show. The Mariners open their pocket book up for GM’s who no one wants, managers no one wants etc. All of his coaching hires were guys nearly every organization wanted, his GM hire was a young next in line for the GM position with the Packers. Spending money is great but you have to spend wisely. Like I don’t know, giving fat contract extension to two guys who have never made the playoffs then let go the one position coach who’s players were the strongest of the team.

Yea he definitely was a basketball fan first but he no doubt saved the Seahawks from moving when no one else would. From there the team was his baby and he became of fan. He took pride in making the Seahawks the best they could be and he stayed out of the football stuff for the most part and let people do their jobs. Because of that the last 20 years of Seahawks football has been great. And yeah I was looking forward to the next coach he would hire once Pete left. I am somewhat concerned what will become of the franchise going forward but for now RIP to a good man.