• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson's fit with the Bears

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 'are going to find some good stuff' for Patterson

Obviously, way too early to draw any realistic conclusions, but I like what I've read in the article. I felt from the moment we acquired Patterson that Nagy will come up with some creative plays utilizing his skillset.
It should be interesting to see. It's good in theory but harder in practice. If he's not a full-time player then the defense knows something is coming when he enters the game. What it is exactly: can't be sure, but the defense knows to be on guard.

Nice thing for us, which sounds hilarious considering our history, is that Nagy is one of the best of pulling out some unpredictable and effective offensive stuff. That's just awesome.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we have better 4th down plays, I'll be happy. Sometimes Nagy can't get too cute and I'm tired of watching us fumble away a good possession using the wildcat formation.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good in theory, as mentioned above. However, Patterson has just never panned out as an offensive player. He's a great kick return man... but if New England can't get much out of him on offense. Can we?

I expect a nice little package of plays for him, without a doubt. I think he busts a couple of nice plays over the course of the season. However, I think his contributions will be sporadic and on a part-time basis.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good in theory, as mentioned above. However, Patterson has just never panned out as an offensive player. He's a great kick return man... but if New England can't get much out of him on offense. Can we?

I expect a nice little package of plays for him, without a doubt. I think he busts a couple of nice plays over the course of the season. However, I think his contributions will be sporadic and on a part-time basis.

I kinda thought NE got more out of him than Minn did...…….Sure he didn't have the receptions as he did in a Vikings uni,but hey NE has/had some great go to guys in that posiyion…...
The Pats used Patterson 42 xs for 228 yds as a rusher,and Im betting 30 of them were when he was lining up as rb(which is a lot for a wr)……...I tend to think Nagy maybe following suit here...…...

I think hes gonna be a great asset...………..or atleast I :hope:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be interesting to see. It's good in theory but harder in practice. If he's not a full-time player then the defense knows something is coming when he enters the game. What it is exactly: can't be sure, but the defense knows to be on guard.

Nice thing for us, which sounds hilarious considering our history, is that Nagy is one of the best of pulling out some unpredictable and effective offensive stuff. That's just awesome.

That's the beauty of having him out there even on a limited basis, which is exactly what's going to be the case with him. It's hard to forecast sheer numbers at this point, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that he'll be on the field for about a quarter to a third of the snaps. And of course he won't be the recipient of every play when he is out there. But just like you said, the defense will have to adjust, which could very well help free the player who is the actual target of the given play.