• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great special teams play this last week. I like the kid.

He hinted at wanting to play Tight End, and I am all-in. He 100% should start at TE on Thursday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hinted at wanting to play Tight End, and I am all-in. He 100% should start at TE on Thursday.

Well, somebody has to. I have no idea if he can block or not. I also doubt he can get acclimated with one day of actual practice and a walk through. Maybe next year he can give it a go.

Hell, maybe even a small package of him at TE isn't unreasonable.

Patterson has a purpose on any NFL team. Great SPT's player who can do a lot of different things offensively. You just can't rely on him to have too big of a role, is all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and since this thread touches on SPT's. Can I just use this space to mention my frustration with Cohen on punt returns this year? Not in the running department. But in his decision making process.

He has cost the Bears 15+ yards in field position on like three different punts the last two games. One vs the Rams he let go down 10-7 in the 4th. It rolled all the way from like the 35 down inside of the 15. That is killer with the game on the line.

Did similar vs NYG.

He's got to be better with the fair catch signal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and since this thread touches on SPT's. Can I just use this space to mention my frustration with Cohen on punt returns this year? Not in the running department. But in his decision making process.

He has cost the Bears 15+ yards in field position on like three different punts the last two games. One vs the Rams he let go down 10-7 in the 4th. It rolled all the way from like the 35 down inside of the 15. That is killer with the game on the line.

Did similar vs NYG.

He's got to be better with the fair catch signal.

He has to lead the league in drive-kills.

Tangentially, Nagy's obsession with him has hurt us this year, IMO. Look at every single stalled drive last week, and there was a negative play to Cohen in there. I know he's a playmaker, but it reminds me so much of Hester on offense, I can't stand it.

I will have a hard time excusing Nagy for completely fucking ignoring Montgomery for the better part of the first half of the season, (and it's arguable, that there has not been a drastic difference since, despite what you claim in recent playcalling trends) after trading away a proven back for peanuts and draft picks. It is absolutely the most arrogant, obnoxiously stubborn display of coaching I've seen in some time.

I will say what I said with Howard, and was chastised for, AFTER the Bears success last year....a coach that cannot figure out how to use a top 10 back in the league, might not be the best coach.

Y'all remember when we ran Greg Olsen out cuzza Mike fucking Martz?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.:wink:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is a big dude. Does anyone think he could do any worse than Shaheen, Burton or Braunecker?

Just so you homos know...if I were coach, Patterson would get every single TE rep this week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Coach !!

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to lead the league in drive-kills.

Tangentially, Nagy's obsession with him has hurt us this year, IMO. Look at every single stalled drive last week, and there was a negative play to Cohen in there. I know he's a playmaker, but it reminds me so much of Hester on offense, I can't stand it.

I will have a hard time excusing Nagy for completely fucking ignoring Montgomery for the better part of the first half of the season, (and it's arguable, that there has not been a drastic difference since, despite what you claim in recent playcalling trends) after trading away a proven back for peanuts and draft picks. It is absolutely the most arrogant, obnoxiously stubborn display of coaching I've seen in some time.

I will say what I said with Howard, and was chastised for, AFTER the Bears success last year....a coach that cannot figure out how to use a top 10 back in the league, might not be the best coach.

Y'all remember when we ran Greg Olsen out cuzza Mike fucking Martz?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.:wink:

Yeah, Martz running out Olsen because "he doesn't using TE's in his system" was really stupid. Especially since Olsen was just a glorified WR anyway. Martz was obsessed with speed, though. Was convinced Hester/Knox = Holt/Bruce. Which just made me want to splatter my brains onto the wall. Martz actually did wise up in the latter part of 10 and 11. Put Cutler in short drops, relied on Forte more and stopped killing us.

Regardless, I just don't know what Howard really does for this team right now and I think even if you do believe Howard > Montgomery. It's like 572nd on our list of problems. It's just not even worth debating to me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Martz running out Olsen because "he doesn't using TE's in his system" was really stupid. Especially since Olsen was just a glorified WR anyway. Martz was obsessed with speed, though. Was convinced Hester/Knox = Holt/Bruce. Which just made me want to splatter my brains onto the wall. Martz actually did wise up in the latter part of 10 and 11. Put Cutler in short drops, relied on Forte more and stopped killing us.

Regardless, I just don't know what Howard really does for this team right now and I think even if you do believe Howard > Montgomery. It's like 572nd on our list of problems. It's just not even worth debating to me.

Oh no, I love Montgomery, er I mean, I WOULD like Montgomery if we would fucking use him, and ditch the retarded blocking schemes.

I liked Howard too tho, and at the time felt we prolly could've used that pick elsewhere, and kept Howard, who still had a year on his contract.

I guess my point was, if yer gonna send off an established player for next-to-nothing(no fault of their's, that's just how trading goes) and trade up for this kid, then fucking use him!? And the more apparent it became that the offense was in a rut, the more obvious it was that he should've relied on him even more, but didn't.

As far as it being the 572nd thing wrong with this team...I couldn't disagree more. I think the run game, or lack thereof, is very close to the top of the list of problems. Or let me maybe rephrase that....it could've been the cure to the problems.

I actually think that Montgomery is an exceptional back. Maybe the most talented player on our offense.

It stands to reason, that a decent percentage of our offense should run through him.

Jeffrefy Epstein didn't kill himself, and I honestly hope Matt Nagy does.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is a big dude. Does anyone think he could do any worse than Shaheen, Burton or Braunecker?

Just so you homos know...if I were coach, Patterson would get every single TE rep this week.

tenor.gif

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh...............and I its not a bad idea to have CP try out at te..........Youre right,it cant hurt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I love Montgomery, er I mean, I WOULD like Montgomery if we would fucking use him, and ditch the retarded blocking schemes.

I liked Howard too tho, and at the time felt we prolly could've used that pick elsewhere, and kept Howard, who still had a year on his contract.

I guess my point was, if yer gonna send off an established player for next-to-nothing(no fault of their's, that's just how trading goes) and trade up for this kid, then fucking use him!? And the more apparent it became that the offense was in a rut, the more obvious it was that he should've relied on him even more, but didn't.

As far as it being the 572nd thing wrong with this team...I couldn't disagree more. I think the run game, or lack thereof, is very close to the top of the list of problems. Or let me maybe rephrase that....it could've been the cure to the problems.

I actually think that Montgomery is an exceptional back. Maybe the most talented player on our offense.

It stands to reason, that a decent percentage of our offense should run through him.

Jeffrefy Epstein didn't kill himself, and I honestly hope Matt Nagy does.

I think the run game is a HUGE problem. The difference between Howard and Montgomery? Is not apart of that problem. Howard averaged 3.7 YPC in a much more efficient version of this offense last season. Barely cracked 3.0 YPC before December. Montgomery could easily surpass that with just a decent stretch here to end the season (he sits at 3.3). We play three very bad run D's in our final five.

And okay. I really think you are VASTLY overstating how much Nagy "ignores" Montgomery. Let's break this down.

He has double digit carries in every game besides two. One was the first game of the season and the other we were down 36-10 by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Montgomery has averaged 17 carries and 20 touches per game since the New Orleans game. That's more than twice as many as anyone else on the team.

Montgomery has averaged 15 carries and 17 touches throughout the season. Again, more than twice as much as anyone else.

The offense runs through Montgomery more than anyone not named Trubisky. Montgomery will most likely be top 10 in carries in the NFL after tomorrow. He is far from "not being used".

Now, the run blocking schemes? Yeah, that's an area that most experts seem to agree that Nagy struggles in.

But he has adjusted a lot of things as the season has gone on with the run game. I have to give him credit for being willing to adapt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the run game is a HUGE problem. The difference between Howard and Montgomery? Is not apart of that problem. Howard averaged 3.7 YPC in a much more efficient version of this offense last season. Barely cracked 3.0 YPC before December. Montgomery could easily surpass that with just a decent stretch here to end the season (he sits at 3.3). We play three very bad run D's in our final five.

And okay. I really think you are VASTLY overstating how much Nagy "ignores" Montgomery. Let's break this down.

He has double digit carries in every game besides two. One was the first game of the season and the other we were down 36-10 by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Montgomery has averaged 17 carries and 20 touches per game since the New Orleans game. That's more than twice as many as anyone else on the team.

Montgomery has averaged 15 carries and 17 touches throughout the season. Again, more than twice as much as anyone else.

The offense runs through Montgomery more than anyone not named Trubisky. Montgomery will most likely be top 10 in carries in the NFL after tomorrow. He is far from "not being used".

Now, the run blocking schemes? Yeah, that's an area that most experts seem to agree that Nagy struggles in.

But he has adjusted a lot of things as the season has gone on with the run game. I have to give him credit for being willing to adapt.

I wish he'd adapt to a new city.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow I just made a post the other day about using him at TE. He must have read it. Now if he would only read it to Nagy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he'd adapt to a new city.

I wish Mitch could hit a few wide open receivers, while not fumbling and throwing an INT on back-to-back possessions vs LAC with a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter. We'd be 8-3 minimum.

I don't know where we are with a different coach. That's pure speculation. But we do know that much (even if some of us hide from it). I know it isn't Nagy out there throwing those passes that make me embarrassed to root for the franchise who traded up to take this dip shit at #2 overall. Over one guy who already looks like possibly the greatest QB I've ever seen and another who looks like a perennial pro bowler.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Mitch could hit a few wide open receivers, while not fumbling and throwing an INT on back-to-back possessions vs LAC with a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter. We'd be 8-3 minimum.

I don't know where we are with a different coach. That's pure speculation. But we do know that much (even if some of us hide from it). I know it isn't Nagy out there throwing those passes that make me embarrassed to root for the franchise who traded up to take this dip shit at #2 overall. Over one guy who already looks like possibly the greatest QB I've ever seen and another who looks like a perennial pro bowler.

No, but he did call the play. I mean up 6 with a dominant defense, fuck ya, let's throw a deep sideline route.

We can play stupid what-if games all day, and make valid arguments on both sides. What if Nagy wasn't a stubborn ass and ran the fucking ball in week one, and the Bears win that game? What if that win gives them the confidence they need to string some wins together? What if Montgomery goes off, and Nagy realizes in week one, that the offense should run through him, and not Mitch?

As far Mahomes and Watson...there is NOBODY on the planet that knew Mahommes would be this good.

And bro, if you are not embarrassed by Nagy, I don't know wtf to tell you. He has shit the bed this season in an epic fashion.

From coach of the year to the scrap heap in a season. Everybody was fooled last year, by a historically good defense. Short fields and early big leads can make any coach look good.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as its schemed so the TE doesn't have much blocking to do, I'd be cool with it.... I'll say this though... ONE GAWDDAMNED TIGHT END JET SWEEP AND I'M DONE!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he did call the play. I mean up 6 with a dominant defense, fuck ya, let's throw a deep sideline route.

We can play stupid what-if games all day, and make valid arguments on both sides. What if Nagy wasn't a stubborn ass and ran the fucking ball in week one, and the Bears win that game? What if that win gives them the confidence they need to string some wins together? What if Montgomery goes off, and Nagy realizes in week one, that the offense should run through him, and not Mitch?

As far Mahomes and Watson...there is NOBODY on the planet that knew Mahommes would be this good.

And bro, if you are not embarrassed by Nagy, I don't know wtf to tell you. He has shit the bed this season in an epic fashion.

From coach of the year to the scrap heap in a season. Everybody was fooled last year, by a historically good defense. Short fields and early big leads can make any coach look good.

I missed this, but...

I think that was with like 11 minutes left in the 4th when he called that pass play. You certainly don't just stop throwing or trying to move the ball up one score early in the 4th quarter. Recipe for disaster in itself.

What if Nagy wasn't a stubborn ass and ran the fucking ball in week one, and the Bears win that game?

We don't know that, at all. In fact, we know that the run game was ineffective. Again, you are living in hypothetical realities. I am living in the reality that transpired where Mitch fucked up horribly and directly costed us wins. There's a big difference. This isn't "what if". This is "this happened and it's why we lost".

I know that KC did. I know that other teams were not as hot on Mitch as we were. I know Trubisky/Watson were 1A and 1B in most scouting lists and that we got the wrong one.

I think Nagy has been poor but I am faaaaarrr more embarrassed by our QB. I don't even see the argument. What would you be able to do (as HC) with arguably the worst starting QB in football for most of the season and a putrid run blocking O-line? You can't run, you can't pass. Of course we've tried stupid shit. I would be desperate as fuck.

The notion that Nagy won't adapt is gone. He's done it all now. I don't think there's an offensive approach he hasn't tried. The last couple of months (especially the last month) he has been moving around Mitch a ton. He's also been running out of the Power-I with a FB. He's had Mitch out of play action a lot in the I.

Montgomery is about to be top ten in total carries on the season. All of these gripes about what he hasn't done or won't do? He's done them. We still score between 14 and 17 most weeks and Mitch misses his usual barrage of throws/reads.

There's mixed results here and there. There's brief glimpses of these things working but it all eventually regresses to the mean. "The mean" being that our QB is an incompetent shit-heel who isn't good at anything and our line is too incompetent in run blocking to run.

Mitch was good vs Detroit. Like, actually good. If he does it vs GB and DAL. I'll open my mind back up to him. That's really the best I can do, though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this, but...

I think that was with like 11 minutes left in the 4th when he called that pass play. You certainly don't just stop throwing or trying to move the ball up one score early in the 4th quarter. Recipe for disaster in itself.

What if Nagy wasn't a stubborn ass and ran the fucking ball in week one, and the Bears win that game?

We don't know that, at all. In fact, we know that the run game was ineffective. Again, you are living in hypothetical realities. I am living in the reality that transpired where Mitch fucked up horribly and directly costed us wins. There's a big difference. This isn't "what if". This is "this happened and it's why we lost".

I know that KC did. I know that other teams were not as hot on Mitch as we were. I know Trubisky/Watson were 1A and 1B in most scouting lists and that we got the wrong one.

I think Nagy has been poor but I am faaaaarrr more embarrassed by our QB. I don't even see the argument. What would you be able to do (as HC) with arguably the worst starting QB in football for most of the season and a putrid run blocking O-line? You can't run, you can't pass. Of course we've tried stupid shit. I would be desperate as fuck.

The notion that Nagy won't adapt is gone. He's done it all now. I don't think there's an offensive approach he hasn't tried. The last couple of months (especially the last month) he has been moving around Mitch a ton. He's also been running out of the Power-I with a FB. He's had Mitch out of play action a lot in the I.

Montgomery is about to be top ten in total carries on the season. All of these gripes about what he hasn't done or won't do? He's done them. We still score between 14 and 17 most weeks and Mitch misses his usual barrage of throws/reads.

There's mixed results here and there. There's brief glimpses of these things working but it all eventually regresses to the mean. "The mean" being that our QB is an incompetent shit-heel who isn't good at anything and our line is too incompetent in run blocking to run.

Mitch was good vs Detroit. Like, actually good. If he does it vs GB and DAL. I'll open my mind back up to him. That's really the best I can do, though.

You're so eager to argue that you blow right past shit, without comprehending it.

1) Nobody said stop throwing. Just stop calling low-percentage pass plays that have a higher probability of being picked, like say a deep sideline route, at a point in the game where it's not needed.

2)We don't know what at all? Of course we don't know, that's why the question was prefaced with "What if?"

3)You don't know shit about what KC thought. You know that KC wanted him pre-draft? We know what they DID, but that is pretty circumstantial. No one knows ahead of time how the draft will pan out. Either way, even if they did want him, I'm sure they thought he'd put up 50 TDs in his first full season. :rolleyes2:

4)I could just as easily say, "Well, what's a QB supposed to do, with a shitty coach, with terrible in-game playcalling and even worse blocking schemes, which makes the o-line shit, and receivers that lead the league in drops, and absolutely zero contributions from the TE position.

Mitch has had a rough year, but much more plays into that, than just, "Ugh, he's a bum!"

I think the Bears would be foolish to bail on Mitch. Sure, bring in some competition...even draft a guy, but just walking away seems fickle and hasty to me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy from day one when we signed him. Whether we win or lose it seems he always come up with at least one big play each game, either on STs or from scrimmage. That 33 yard reception, which I believe was our longest play of the night, was mostly YAC, a thing of beauty. And he laid the critical block and cleared the path on that reception to Anthony Miller, which led to his TD.