• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Will Pay Tom Brady $24M Thru 2017 NFL Season

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand how they NOW have the resources when all this did was free up $24 million in Cash not actual Cap Space. Is your owner really hurting for money where he couldn't fork over the extra $24 million that he eventually is going to have to pay anyway?
I'm not sure of bob kraft's finances but they "jewed" Tom down enough the last decade,.....everyone up here knows it,.....I just hope he's awarded a % of the team when he's all done, he fkkn deserves it...!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I can't wait to revisit this thread about Brady being such a selfless humanitarian when they're paying him $24,000,000 to warm benches late next season and for the next two seasons after that. Or back up Alex Smith in KC.

You have seen what Brady did this year right?

4100 yards. 64% comp percentage. 33 TD's. 9 INT's.

And he did all that on a team with well below average players at their skill positions.

He had an AMAZING season. Again. Why do you think he is going to be a backup anytime soon?

Name 10 QB's in this league you would want moving forward other than him. Then look around at the ridiculous contracts some of those QB's are carrying when compared to Brady. This is one of the sweetest deals in the NFL today.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by this...if you are talking about the Super Bowl then wondering if you actually watched the game because Welker was one of the few bright spots for the Broncos having 8 catches for 84 yards. He was not the issue in the Super Bowl.
Cdumler = good luck in the playoffs! regardless,.......and tell your boss hammered = good luck in the draft.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by this...if you are talking about the Super Bowl then wondering if you actually watched the game because Welker was one of the few bright spots for the Broncos having 8 catches for 84 yards. He was not the issue in the Super Bowl.

I agree letting Welker go was a bit puzzling. But there was something going on that neither of us know about. Amendoula hasn't turned out so well, but he has the rest of the postseason to prove he belongs, otherwise he's gone. And Minitron is a younger version Wesley, so I'm not losing sleep over that.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have seen what Brady did this year right?

4100 yards. 64% comp percentage. 33 TD's. 9 INT's.

And he did all that on a team with well below average players at their skill positions.

He had an AMAZING season. Again. Why do you think he is going to be a backup anytime soon?

Name 10 QB's in this league you would want moving forward other than him. Then look around at the ridiculous contracts some of those QB's are carrying when compared to Brady. This is one of the sweetest deals in the NFL today.

He'll come back with " But but Brady leads the league in overthrows!"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree letting Welker go was a bit puzzling. But there was something going on that neither of us know about. Amendoula hasn't turned out so well, but he has the rest of the postseason to prove he belongs, otherwise he's gone. And Minitron is a younger version Wesley, so I'm not losing sleep over that.

I understand why you guys let him go but in my opinion it was a win for the Broncos to pick him up. The money you guys spent on Amendola is pretty darn close to that of what we spent on Welker and by a large margin Welker has outperformed Amendola so while letting go of Welker I understand with his age and concussion issues it was one that worked out well for the Broncos. Again he hasn't done as well this season but he has still made plays when we needed him to and I think he actually has something like 4 fumble recoveries this year that have saved the Broncos in close games. So his being on the team goes beyond just stats.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has worked out just fine. He was a big part of our offense that pretty much wrote the NFL Record book last year and while his numbers haven't been great this year stats wise he has done well making the clutch plays for the team when we needed one. Throw in he seems to be playing his best ball now heading into the playoffs as he has become our punt returner and has been a bit more involved in the offense as of late.

I think the cracks were starting to show last season. He should retire this season if he had any sense left in his head but the money is probably too good.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB would and will cut anyone at any time to help the team.
Brady, BB's son or mother will be gone in an instant.
I'm OK with that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cracks were starting to show last season. He should retire this season if he had any sense left in his head but the money is probably too good.

I'm hoping this is his last season but he has still shown he can do just fine playing in the NFL. He still finished with close to 500 yards with missing a few games this year and not being a featured piece of the offense. So while we won't see the 120 catch 1,500 yard type Welker anymore he is still serviceable. Plus for the Broncos he has now become our punt returner so he plays the double role giving us a little more roster flexibility like that of keeping 2 kickers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How crazy would it have been if Belichick sat Brady the whole game because they weren't playing for anything? Or if he got injured in the first half? He had to play or just be on the active roster (46) for that game? Or just on the 53?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_loxylqF39q1qinlpn.gif

Get the ball within 10 yrds of Gronk and the dude can catch it. Brady had Wilt Chamberlain at TE yet still led the entire league in off-target passes? Embarrassing! :L

"He's amaaaaaaaaaazing!" - his apologists

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Tim Duncan doing their teams well while happy feet and Kobe fleece Hammers teams. Glad to see u back hammer after avoiding the heat from that impressive game by happy feet

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Tim Duncan doing their teams well while happy feet and Kobe fleece Hammers teams. Glad to see u back hammer after avoiding the heat from that impressive game by happy feet

:L

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker did exactly what we needed him to do this year, convert 3rd downs to keep drives alive. We had 2 of the top 5 receivers this year in receptions, yards and td's we didn't need Welker to catch 100 balls. His role was needed elsewhere and he did just fine.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB would and will cut anyone at any time to help the team.
Brady, BB's son or mother will be gone in an instant.
I'm OK with that.

Apparently so is Brady. This makes it easier for the Pats to cut him. I guess he figures some other team will be happy to pay him a lot of money.