• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots OTA's

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike reiss is reporting 5/24/2023

Patriots have violated OTA rules and BB has had two OTA practices taken away. Fines may follow.

Today's OTA has been cancelled and possibly next Thursday's is the second one.

Stay tuned, more to come.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots have violated OTA rules and BB has had two OTA practices taken away. Fines may follow.

Saw this, this morning. Lemme guess BB will claim he misinterpreted the rules.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, a 15 minute ST's meeting was posted on the team schedule.
This was interpreted as a mandatory meeting because it was posted.
By rule, this meeting was voluntary.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA ratted them out.
Does NFLPA have access to team schedule?????
Apparently. From what I read it did not read mandatory meeting, only STs Meeting 15 minutes, they interoperated it as mandatory

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently. From what I read it did not read mandatory meeting, only STs Meeting 15 minutes, they interoperated it as mandatory

I read that too. Pretty gray but I can see it from both angles. Pats didn't say it wasn't mandatory so they left themselves open. Knowing BB, it was a chance he was willing to take and likely in his mind it was mandatory. He just didn't say it out loud. Got caught. Paying the price.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meeting would not have been illegal if they didn't write it down!

NFLPA protecting players from 15 minute meetings that might help the players make the team!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Belichick had yet to comment on the Patriots’ punishment as of Thursday afternoon. His next news conference and the team’s next practice are scheduled for next Wednesday."

Wait! Is that another violation? How do the players know when this is if the team can't post it?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These rules are ridiculous.

I can understand the issue/concern with contact drills or even any team organized exercise periods.

These aren't hourly employees who are getting abused working too many hours. They're salary.

But come on NFLPA this is a meeting where players are sitting around, probably with ice packs on...

Still stupid for NE doing stupid shit AGAIN.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A PA Rep. attends every teams' OTAs. Especially to let rookies know what the association is all about.

On Early Edition last night, Tom Curran said that nearly every team gets a warning or two every year. Since the Cincinnati sideline film penalty Belchick has set firm rules about the NFL/PA Rules. "Ask First." The note posting was Joe Judge writing about the ST meeting on a white board. Belichick called him out and said it wasn't a big deal because it for 12-13 guys and not the entire team. BUT, Judge should have asked Bill or the PA rep before writing anything. Belichick said that white boards will be cleaned after any meeting is over and will remain white until the next meeting.

Patriots were warned about contact. One of the players was apparently a whistleblower. No one is sure, but one of BB's dogs will follow the scent. If it's a marginal roster player, his career will be over because no other coach will trust him. Curran said that players who have said something to a PA or league rep in the past have been cut and played in the NFL or any NFL associated league again. Might have gone to the CFL but his pro career was over in the USA.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These rules are ridiculous.

I can understand the issue/concern with contact drills or even any team organized exercise periods.

These aren't hourly employees who are getting abused working too many hours. They're salary.

But come on NFLPA this is a meeting where players are sitting around, probably with ice packs on...

Still stupid for NE doing stupid shit AGAIN.
It may be ridiculous but rules are rules, period. Most here taught BB as the greatest coach ever, a football mastermind, if all this is true he should know better. Would have been nice for the PA to say, "Hey coach using the board like that is close to calling it mandatory, you might want to clean that up". They chose not to

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be ridiculous but rules are rules, period. Most here taught BB as the greatest coach ever, a football mastermind, if all this is true he should know better. Would have been nice for the PA to say, "Hey coach using the board like that is close to calling it mandatory, you might want to clean that up". They chose not to
It was Joe Judge who posted the schedule.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BB got the $50,000 fine from the league.
It's nice being the boss!

Belichick: Get Robert Kraft on the phone.
Assistant: Mr Kraft, Bill would like to talk to you.
Kraft: No, Bill! You're a putz!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've been saying for about a year. Kraft has a $7.5B team here. He's accepted shit in the past because the team was winning and was in the playoffs every year. Ain't so now. Believe me when I tell you that Goodell knows that BB may be on a short leash. Anything he can do to wear it thinner or cut it would be his dream come true.

Bill got careless letting Judge do something stupid and unnecessary. If he actually knew that he did it. The smart thing that Bill could do is fire him and show that he will not accept screw up and is in control of the situation. Nope. It's a silence that is befalling Gillette. The media has taken control and now Kraft will have shit all over his face that he'll have to clean off every time he steps in front of a reporter or network person.

This could be very ugly behind the curtain.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've been saying for about a year. Kraft has a $7.5B team here. He's accepted shit in the past because the team was winning and was in the playoffs every year. Ain't so now. Believe me when I tell you that Goodell knows that BB may be on a short leash. Anything he can do to wear it thinner or cut it would be his dream come true.

Bill got careless letting Judge do something stupid and unnecessary. If he actually knew that he did it. The smart thing that Bill could do is fire him and show that he will not accept screw up and is in control of the situation. Nope. It's a silence that is befalling Gillette. The media has taken control and now Kraft will have shit all over his face that he'll have to clean off every time he steps in front of a reporter or network person.

This could be very ugly behind the curtain.

LMAO! Ok dude.