• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis a pass rusher?

tomz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The minute that Jim Harbaugh brought Vic Fangio to SF, I had a feeling Pwill would be thought about being used as a pass rusher as an option as Vic Fangio is a student of Dom Capers Schemes = Clay Matthews.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Willis is actually a decent pass rusher. 6 sacks last year. That preseason game last year against the Vikings where Willis shot the gap between the center and guard and sacked Favre to welcome him back still sticks in my mind.

Fangio has got to nit pick and find something wrong with him. What is he going to do tell Willis that's he's perfect, and go home and rest up? :-)

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versatility

It would be great to have a defense where everyone is a threat, not only to blitz, but have the skills to get to the QB.

I'm worried that if we send Willis often (probably our best cover LB right now) Brooks/Haralson/Smith may struggle in coverage, but I like the aggressive attitude.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If Fangio is able to use Willis within his scheme and Willis is able to get double digit sacks, it will be an example of how the the previous regime missapropriated the talent on this team.

I will admit Singleterry got me to drink the kool aid. But I was listening to an interview on KNBR or KHTK and whoever it was, was mention how some of Singlterry's assistants wouldn't barley make it as coaches in the college ranks.

I guess the hope was their last year too. But it feels different now. Its as if the niners have a scheme to pick the lock, instead of just trying to break the door open by bashing with their heads.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to have a defense where everyone is a threat, not only to blitz, but have the skills to get to the QB.

I'm worried that if we send Willis often (probably our best cover LB right now) Brooks/Haralson/Smith may struggle in coverage, but I like the aggressive attitude.

Willis' improvement in pass rush doesn't necessarily mean they will send him more often, they just need the other team to have to think he may and need to account for him as a potential Pass Rusher to keep them guessing. That's the advantage of the 3-4 which is to make the offense guess where the 4th rusher will come from.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You don't want the VP of carnage comin' at you if you have a football. What a monster.

attachment.php

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the article I read, Fangio was having Willis blitz from the edge and he did not fare well. Personally, I was happy to read that as I would rather Willis blitz the A's & B's than vacate the middle of the field. If I were a QB and saw Willis in a 5-7 tech, I'm calling an audie and three step droppin'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know what blasting is.

Weird; Ray can see the images I post. Maybe it's 'cause he's a moderator.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Perhaps, what browser are you using?

IE. The only way I could figure out how to post an image (I can see 'em) was to click on "Go Advanced" and then "attachments" and upload the image, then click on the link to the image & then copy & paste the URL in the browser and then go back & click "insert image." I can see 'em, Ray can see 'em, but nobody else seems to be able to.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps, what browser are you using?

IE. The only way I could figure out how to post an image (I can see 'em) was to click on "Go Advanced" and then "attachments" and upload the image, then click on the link to the image & then copy & paste the URL in the browser and then go back & click "insert image." I can see 'em, Ray can see 'em, but nobody else seems to be able to.

Hmm, I have IE as well; I'll give it a try.

I am trying to upload what has to be one of the all-time classic hazings, I hope it uploads...

Attachments

• Tebow Friar Tuck.jpg
    Tebow Friar Tuck.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 32

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
LOL! Yes, I can see the Tebow monk. It has a "attached thumbnails" link above it.

Maybe I have to save the image as a different kind of file...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL! Yes, I can see the Tebow monk .

The first time I saw that I pee'd

Okay, here is how I uploaded that pic

I started by clicking the "Quote" button on your post
Then I clicked "Manage Attachments" (below the text window)
In the "Manage Attachments" window I clicked on "Browse" which opened the "Choose File to Upload" window. From there I simply selected the picture from my desktop.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL! Yes, I can see the Tebow monk. It has a "attached thumbnails" link above it.

Maybe I have to save the image as a different kind of file...

I did save the pic to my desktop first, so perhaps that makes a difference??