• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Reed Just Can't Stop Cheating

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it comes down to what the definition of "embedded" is

how into the ground does that ball need to be to be considered "embedded"

it doesn't look like it takes much for it to be embedded

but who is to say his ball was actually embedded and he didn't just show the official where the ball originally hit ground.

1612817697161.png

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think he would need the thumbs up to do so

but I don't know if your whataboutism here really works because I would expect the same for Rory.

anyways, doesn't matter, the PGA made their statement.
Official PGA TOUR Statement: John Mutch, Ken Tackett and Gary Young have reviewed the Rory McIlroy videos from No. 18 yesterday and determined that it was virtually the same situation that Patrick Reed faced on No. 10 during the third round. It was reasonable for both players to conclude - based on the fact that they did not see the ball land, but given the lie of the ball in soft course conditions - that they proceed as the Rule allows for an potential embedded ball. They marked, lifted and assessed the situation to determine if the ball was embedded. Patrick went one step further and called in a Rules Official to be sure his assessment would not be questioned (although this step is not required). Both players took proper relief under the Rule 16/3. The Committee is comfortable with how both players proceeded given the fact that they used the evidence they had at the time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're supposed to call over a rules official.

Did you miss the part where the spotter later admitted to accidentally stepping on his ball?
What does that have to do with it? I'm not saying McElroy cheated. he considered his ball embedded and he took appropriate action as did Reed. I believe you know very well that you are basing Reed's actions on his reputation. not what you saw I'm wondering why you weren't screaming about McElroy before you found out two days later that a dude says he stepped on Mac's ball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it comes down to what the definition of "embedded" is

how into the ground does that ball need to be to be considered "embedded"

it doesn't look like it takes much for it to be embedded

but who is to say his ball was actually embedded and he didn't just show the official where the ball originally hit ground.

View attachment 264703
Exactly. You don't know what happened at all you are just guessing based on his rep. Guilty until proven innocent?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You don't know what happened at all you are just guessing based on his rep. Guilty until proven innocent?
the fact that the ball bounced is fishy to me. Did it bounce and land back in the embedment it left?

there's no way it produced a new embedment after bouncing.

if we had not seen it bounce and the ball simply plugged, I'd be less suspicious.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that the ball bounced is fishy to me. Did it bounce and land back in the embedment it left?

if we had not seen it bounce and the ball simply plugged, I'd be less suspicious.
I agree that there is no way that ball caused its own embedding. It could have bounced into a depression or a water logged area. The official agreed with Reed that there was an impression where the ball was. Unless you think Reed created that impression by pushing down on his ball. I saw nothing to indicate that that happened though.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there is no way that ball caused its own embedding. It could have bounced into a depression or a water logged area. The official agreed with Reed that there was an impression where the ball was. Unless you think Reed created that impression by pushing down on his ball. I saw nothing to indicate that that happened though.
If anything, Reed got to his ball, didn't like the lie in the rough, moved the ball, then showed the official the mark the ball made when it hit on the fly.

we do not know if the ball was actually IN the embedment he showed the official...that's my concern here.

the bounce is crucial.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, Reed got to his ball, didn't like the lie in the rough, moved the ball, then showed the official the mark the ball made when it hit on the fly.

we do not know if the ball was actually IN the embedment he showed the official...that's my concern here.

the bounce is crucial.
Reed was told by the spotter that the ball did not bounce. He thought it might have embedded and it sure didn't look to me like he messed with the impression. Sure looked to me like he pointed exactly to where the ball was. He marked it with a tee before lifting it. We'll never know but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt just like I did with McElroy

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more like a Phil thing to do.. But Reed probably copied him
you honestly think that Reed would come up with an original idea? The guy's got one talent in life and is pretty miserable at everything else.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you hit a really wet spot then you can embed one. Rory did the same thing. I think the course was so soggy that players were just fuck it with their playing partners.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you honestly think that Reed would come up with an original idea? The guy's got one talent in life and is pretty miserable at everything else.

He may surprise us one day

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I'm going to start claiming 90% of my shots are embedded and move the ball for better lies.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with it? I'm not saying McElroy cheated. he considered his ball embedded and he took appropriate action as did Reed. I believe you know very well that you are basing Reed's actions on his reputation. not what you saw I'm wondering why you weren't screaming about McElroy before you found out two days later that a dude says he stepped on Mac's ball.
Trumpers are so used to excusing lies and cheating, it's almost an automatic response these days.