• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patricia firestorm

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he would say yes. And he is your president too.

No, he is NOT. I have seceded from the Union and am currently petitioning for recognition as a sovereign nation.
My flag...

kitty_flag1.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not try reading some of the info put out before you make your comments. The reason there was no trial was due to the lady's fear of publicity and her refusing to go any farther with prosecuting the case. The police had evidence and witnesses...the lady backed out.

They can still go forward with it if they want. They dont need the accuser in court. If they had DNA evidence and witnesses that would be more than enough. DAs dont drop cases they think they will win. Just because someone does not want to be involved in the case does not mean Authorities won prosecute. Try shooting someone in front of a cop. Just cause that person decides not to press charges would be meaningless. Your ass would be going to prison.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still go forward with it if they want. They dont need the accuser in court. If they had DNA evidence and witnesses that would be more than enough. DAs dont drop cases they think they will win. Just because someone does not want to be involved in the case does not mean Authorities won prosecute. Try shooting someone in front of a cop. Just cause that person decides not to press charges would be meaningless. Your ass would be going to prison.

Oh come on.....your #1 witness drops out....you think a DA will go forward with that case? Stop with the excuses. YOU and I will never know if he is guilty or not. But YOU are a homer.....so let's leave it at that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on.....your #1 witness drops out....you think a DA will go forward with that case? Stop with the excuses. YOU and I will never know if he is guilty or not. But YOU are a homer.....so let's leave it at that.

With DNA evidence and witnesses as you claim then hell yes.

Innocent until proven guilty bitch. Maybe you have heard of it?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With DNA evidence and witnesses as you claim then hell yes.

Innocent until proven guilty bitch. Maybe you have heard of it?

It sounds like it was a he said she said thing though, I don't think Patricia denied sex, so DNA evidence does not mean much in that case. We will never know guilt, but Patricia got away without a trial because the lady dropped it and that is all.

The question is did she drop it because she was not telling the truth? Or does she really believe it and could not handle the trauma of a trial. We will never know, but there is far more to this then your flippant disregard indicates.

And anyway you slice it, the Lions having no idea about this shows how little effort they put into vetting. It is another failure by Quinn.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like it was a he said she said thing though, I don't think Patricia denied sex, so DNA evidence does not mean much in that case. We will never know guilt, but Patricia got away without a trial because the lady dropped it and that is all.

The question is did she drop it because she was not telling the truth? Or does she really believe it and could not handle the trauma of a trial. We will never know, but there is far more to this then your flippant disregard indicates.

And anyway you slice it, the Lions having no idea about this shows how little effort they put into vetting. It is another failure by Quinn.

Exactly. Using the emotional trauma thing is a cop out. Why even bring it up then if she had no intention of following through?

I am sure Quinn knew about it and wanted to keep it buried. This is not the girl scouts. Winning is what matters. Having a few imperfections to do it is acceptable at this point. Hell most of the time in this country cheating is even acceptable. Seems like most feel it is better to cheat and win then not to and lose. Sad, but true.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell most of the time in this country cheating is even acceptable. Seems like most feel it is better to cheat and win then not to and lose. Sad, but true.

"Resisting. Resisting."

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not shocked Quinn Half assed his job to hire Patricia.

Shocked? This is the Lions. EVERYTHING is half assed in this organization.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw that by all accounts the Patriots had no idea of the incident either???

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw that by all accounts the Patriots had no idea of the incident either???

Absolutely, but they hired him to be an Offensive Assistant, at that position is makes a little more sense to not do a full or deep background check. After that he was constantly being promoted within. Lions hired him for the highest coaching position possible and gave him the same background the Patriots gave an assistant.

Barkeep

back behind the bar - pick your poison
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it's old news and beyond the statute of limitations so no legal action can be taken by the alleged victim. Shame on the Lions for not doing a deeper background check, for sure, and they could fire him if they saw fit, but I just can't see that happening at this juncture.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it's old news and beyond the statute of limitations so no legal action can be taken by the alleged victim. Shame on the Lions for not doing a deeper background check, for sure, and they could fire him if they saw fit, but I just can't see that happening at this juncture.

I agree, Not only is it well past the statute of limitations, but there is no way to know guilt at this point. Someone re-interviewed the nurse that was supposed to testify and she no longer remember any details on it.

Based on everything you probably need to give Patricia the benefit of the doubt, I don't think he should be fired at all. I also think that people saying is is nothing is under selling it. Most importantly it shows complete lack of preparedness by Lions leadership.

Quinn knew what he wanted right away, and was not interested in any information outside of what he had already decided.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most importantly it shows complete lack of preparedness by Lions leadership.

Quinn knew what he wanted right away, and was not interested in any information outside of what he had already decided.

From what I've read the NFL uses independent companies for background checks. And unless they went looking for something very specific relating to the case, it would not show up in a search.

All the Lions did was assume the company used for background checks had done their job. It's not like BQ has his own private eye business on the side.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it really is troubling to see your best efforts to assassinate the character of Bob Quinn using lies just because he didn't pick the players you wanted in the draft.

WTF bro?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really is troubling to see your best efforts to assassinate the character of Bob Quinn using lies just because he didn't pick the players you wanted in the draft.

WTF bro?

Am I performing character assassination? it seems like your highest ranking executives failing to perform Due Diligence because they had already made up their mind on something is what is damaging character here.

Not just Quinn, Wood deserves a lot of blame on it too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Work with facts. Not presumptions without research.

The Lions - like all NFL teams - use outside firms for background checks. Just like your employer does. Everybody involved did their job. There was nothing to find because he's not a criminal.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much vetting would any manager really do when hiring someone he had previously worked with for a decade, though?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much vetting would any manager really do when hiring someone he had previously worked with for a decade, though?

Zero. GMs don't do the vetting. The professional background firms hired by the NFL do.

What's next? BQ will be blamed because our cheerleaders are ugly?