• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pathetic Offense, Congratulations To Our Defense

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before the season started.......The pass game was important, in order to set up the run game. Not the other way around. The COWBOYS were going to have to prove they could throw the ball. And the COWBOYS refuse to throw the ball deep in the first quarter. (or any other quarter) They didn't have a play over 20 yards. Prescott had a bad game, And which COWBOY WR scares a defense?

2 for 11 on 3rd down
10 penalties for 85 yards
47 yard FG missed....How much is a win worth......3.4 million?

Last edited:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Game............3rd down conversions.....3 out of 13
turnovers ....3
time of possession.......27 minutes
sacked........5 times.....

Prescott 2018 QB passer rating 74.9

the good news......Zeke is averaging 5.7 yards an attempt in 2018

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COWBOYS vs Texans.........The Sequel

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense was not great. We had some great goal line stands and that was fantastic and gave us a chance to win. But, we still can't get much of a pass rush with just four and our DBs need to turn and locate while the ball is in the air and this includes Jones. Everyone keeps comparing the way our DBs play to Seattle's under Richard. A huge difference is Seattle picked off a lot of those passes. You put a guy on your hip, you turn and locate and the ball is more yours than his on those plays. We also can't keep guys from easily finding the soft spots in our zone. The middle of the zone without Lee is a problem every week. Those RB dumpoffs in the middle just keep beating us for big plays.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense was not great. We had some great goal line stands and that was fantastic and gave us a chance to win. But, we still can't get much of a pass rush with just four and our DBs need to turn and locate while the ball is in the air and this includes Jones. Everyone keeps comparing the way our DBs play to Seattle's under Richard. A huge difference is Seattle picked off a lot of those passes. You put a guy on your hip, you turn and locate and the ball is more yours than his on those plays. We also can't keep guys from easily finding the soft spots in our zone. The middle of the zone without Lee is a problem every week. Those RB dumpoffs in the middle just keep beating us for big plays.

DBs turning to find the ball when the pass is in the air has long been a problem for Dallas. Prior to Richard arriving in Dallas for years our DBs just face guarded WRs when the pass was in the air, never turning to find the ball -- which is a big reason Dallas has among the lowest INT totals league wide over the last several years. Jones prior to this year was among the worst, if not the worst on the team when it came to face guarding, keeping his back to the QB and not finding the ball in the air. I have noticed some improvement this year among the DBs trying to find the ball in the air, but it's probably going to be a long process to coach these guys up on the proper technique.

Dallas DBs over the past several years have done so much face guarding and keeping their back to the QB instead of trying to find the ball that I wonder if they were coached to play that way? Another example besides Jones is Brandon Carr. When Carr was in Dallas, he would never turn to find the ball and always had his back to the QB, now he is in Baltimore for the past season plus playing well and I do not see him use that technique nearly as much -- he faces up the QB and does look for the ball now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not play a high powered offense, and thanks to stupid redzone play calling by Houston, our defense looked better then it really was.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not play a high powered offense, and thanks to stupid redzone play calling by Houston, our defense looked better then it really was.

It’s crazy but I told my son after Jones got the PI and the ball was on the 1 that it wasn’t bad. I’m not sure sure what OBrien was doing down there. Even their first TD, LVE is a tad late getting there and the guy barely scored. I thought the less room Hopkins had, the better

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s crazy but I told my son after Jones got the PI and the ball was on the 1 that it wasn’t bad. I’m not sure sure what OBrien was doing down there. Even their first TD, LVE is a tad late getting there and the guy barely scored. I thought the less room Hopkins had, the better
One thing that was completely ignored IMO by the announcers on the play at the end of the first half was Woods. That 320lbs SOB chased Watson and made him take the long way around the corner instead of a heading in a straight line to the pylon. What a fantastic play by him which allowed for the great athletic/hustle play by Smith. I thought Woods has been great for us so far.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that was completely ignored IMO by the announcers on the play at the end of the first half was Woods. That 320lbs SOB chased Watson and made him take the long way around the corner instead of a heading in a straight line to the pylon. What a fantastic play by him which allowed for the great athletic/hustle play by Smith. I thought Woods has been great for us so far.

Yes he is a player. I thought Ross gave us some good snaps as well. My son also asked me why Houston kept trying to run Blue. I said that’s all for show. They are just keeping the defense honest. I’m not sure what his rushing stats ended up but I can only remember 3 that went for more than 3 yards and one of those was right before the game winning kick. I really felt like that guy was going to miss that kick. Jones was coming so close to blocking it off the edge.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Woods also had a huge play on another goal line stand. Collinsworth made mention of it. I think it was 3rd down and inches from the goal line. Woods and T.Crawford were both lined up a little wide of the Center when Woods noticed something and called for Crawford to pinch in on the A-Gap. Woods did the same. Texans tried to sneak up the middle and Woods, with Crawford shut that shit down. That play was as big as any made all night by the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is a player. I thought Ross gave us some good snaps as well. My son also asked me why Houston kept trying to run Blue. I said that’s all for show. They are just keeping the defense honest. I’m not sure what his rushing stats ended up but I can only remember 3 that went for more than 3 yards and one of those was right before the game winning kick. I really felt like that guy was going to miss that kick. Jones was coming so close to blocking it off the edge.
Yes Ross too. Was it Jones or Brown almost blocking the kicks? I saw him flash like 3 times. Got close

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Woods also had a huge play on another goal line stand. Collinsworth made mention of it. I think it was 3rd down and inches from the goal line. Woods and T.Crawford were both lined up a little wide of the Center when Woods noticed something and called for Crawford to pinch in on the A-Gap. Woods did the same. Texans tried to sneak up the middle and Woods, with Crawford shut that shit down. That play was as big as any made all night by the Cowboys.
Yes, that was great awareness for a guy new to this team and with so few NFL games under his belt. He also had a great penetration in the red zone where he didn't make the tackle but disrupted the play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Ross too. Was it Jones or Brown almost blocking the kicks? I saw him flash like 3 times. Got close

I thought it was Jones. It may have been Brown. Actually they were so close, the K tripped over them after one Fg

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antwaun Woods has really been a nice find. Really brings some fire and attitude to that 1T. This defense has needed a guy like him for a few years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully with Irving and Collins back the DL gets even better