• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Riley Exposed

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the luck on his side, he's a mediocre executive.

He inherited a Lakers team that already had Magic and Kareem, plus a gift from the Cavs' Ted Stepien (the worst owner in sports history) that allowed the Lakers to draft James Worthy.

In Miami, he turned a championship team in 2006 (even that was aided by the most poorly officiated playoff series in NBA history) into a 15-win team in 2008. But, Riley ultimately had the Luck of the Irish on his side and that 2008 disaster allowed them to deplete their entire payroll, basically would not have landed LeBron and Bosh without the results of that disasterous 2007-08 campaign.

Riley then forked over $90 million plus two draft picks to Goran Dragic. This die-hard basketball fan saw it coming a mile away that Dragic was going to become grossly overpaid. The icon of the franchise, Dwyane Wade, has never been the team's highest paid player at any point. If I'm Wade, I'd take it as a slap in the face and I'm bolting this summer.

And now, he lost Bosh for the second consecutive season to blot clots. Here's to hoping he can come back and have a successful career. In spite of his miles, Bosh is still only 31...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the luck on his side, he's a mediocre executive.

He inherited a Lakers team that already had Magic and Kareem, plus a gift from the Cavs' Ted Stepien (the worst owner in sports history) that allowed the Lakers to draft James Worthy.

In Miami, he turned a championship team in 2006 (even that was aided by the most poorly officiated playoff series in NBA history) into a 15-win team in 2008. But, Riley ultimately had the Luck of the Irish on his side and that 2008 disaster allowed them to deplete their entire payroll, basically would not have landed LeBron and Bosh without the results of that disasterous 2007-08 campaign.

Riley then forked over $90 million plus two draft picks to Goran Dragic. This die-hard basketball fan saw it coming a mile away that Dragic was going to become grossly overpaid. The icon of the franchise, Dwyane Wade, has never been the team's highest paid player at any point. If I'm Wade, I'd take it as a slap in the face and I'm bolting this summer.

And now, he lost Bosh for the second consecutive season to blot clots. Here's to hoping he can come back and have a successful career. In spite of his miles, Bosh is still only 31...
Riley is gonna leave someone holding the bag for a long and unpleasant rebuild at some point. Besides Winslow the Heat are pretty much devoid of young players, and they have dealt every pick they are allowed to until 2021....the cupboard is empty for the most part.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Titles in the last 10 years. Over the last 20 years we've made the playoffs 16 times. Worry about your own team.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this thread fouled out I figured what the fuck I might as well post something I wouldn't normally post.

This board apparently don't like it when you mock either the Heat or the Lakers in any way regardless of whether that said post has actual basketball analysis.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this thread fouled out I figured what the fuck I might as well post something I wouldn't normally post.

This board apparently don't like it when you mock either the Heat or the Lakers in any way regardless of whether that said post has actual basketball analysis.

I didn't care for the thread to be honest with you but I was absolutely stunned when I saw this thread in fouled out

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't the Mod a Lakers fan? You can't blast the Lakers/Riley and get away with it. Those are the rules.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an opinion, but the op might not be old enough to have seen the relationship between the owner of the Miami Heat and Pat Riley. The Heat has been in this position before back when the op was a little boy. The owner shrugged his shoulder and told Riley he couldn't leave the organization until after he cleaned up his mess. That was his way of putting his support 100% behind Pat Riley. So I really don't think Pat Riley is going any where considering Pat Riley is the one that brought all of the championship titles that the Heat does have and their trips to the finals. A few bad mistakes is something every one does sooner or later

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an opinion, but the op might not be old enough to have seen the relationship between the owner of the Miami Heat and Pat Riley. The Heat has been in this position before back when the op was a little boy. The owner shrugged his shoulder and told Riley he couldn't leave the organization until after he cleaned up his mess. That was his way of putting his support 100% behind Pat Riley. So I really don't think Pat Riley is going any where considering Pat Riley is the one that brought all of the championship titles that the Heat does have and their trips to the finals. A few bad mistakes is something every one does sooner or later

Derp

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care for the thread to be honest with you but I was absolutely stunned when I saw this thread in fouled out

Considering the OP's history and inability to handle it when his posts are inevitably picked apart. It would have ended up here eventually anyway.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whiney bitch is what I gathered from this post. Sackup you worthless (unt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiney bitch is what I gathered from this post. Sackup you worthless (unt.

Not to mention, it's a tired old bullshit argument that fans of teams that have never won anything use to attempt to discredit teams that have, to try and make themselves feel better.

It's not news that in order to win championships teams need championship caliber talent and coaches and GM's that are at least solid.

Red Auerbach never won anything as coach/GM without Russell, Havlicek, Bird, McHale, etc. and they never won without him.

Riley never won as coach/GM without Kareem, Magic, D-Wade or Lebron and they never won without him.

Phil never won anything as coach without MJ, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe and they never won without him.

Popovich has never won anything without Robinson, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili and they never won without him.

That's how it works. You get a solid front office, a solid to great coach and put together a roster with the talent to win. Always been that way, always will be that way.

/thread.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So put threads in the Fouled out if you don't agree with them from a sports related standpoint? Sounds legit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So put threads in the Fouled out if you don't agree with them from a sports related standpoint? Sounds legit.

Yeah, because that's what happened. If you don't like it. I don't care.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add a note for @trojanfan12 benefit. It is my understanding that over the years the op has been writing a blog and believes himself to be an expert on basketball, so I'm pretty sure that he actually believes everything he says. I am not in any form or fashion, however trying to defend him and over the last year have hit him pretty hard privately about his trolling. He even came to you last year and asked you to remove his trolling messages and said he wasn't going to do that crap any more and now this - lmao

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure this is a troll. Riley is regarded as one of the best GMs in the league. When he came to the Heat they were getting bounced by Kevin Willis and the Hawks in the 1st round of the playoffs on a good year. The best way to address a troll is to not respond. Let the lunacy of the original post just stand. It doesn't merit responses.