• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers vs Fighting Irish 11:30/2:30( NBC)

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your mama.
they've covered the spread 3 out of the last 4 weeks. the spread was so high against pitt because of their good performances.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they've covered the spread 3 out of the last 4 weeks. the spread was so high against pitt because of their good performances.
i don't care! they played like crap on saturday and i am disappointed with them .. O freaking K?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't care! they played like crap on saturday and i am disappointed with them .. O freaking K?

I think most Notre Dame fans are disappointed with the game but I haven't written them off yet.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nd hasn't won a championship in decades. what exactly are you expecting from them, domination all the way to the championship. if i were an nd fan, i'd just be glad the dark time of nd football is over with, and they are back in the mix.
let me address this.
let me explain something to you. i don't know how old you are or when you became a fan. but i became a fan in about 1963. i grew up with parsegian (.836 and who lost 3 games in a season only ONCE and won 2 national championships!)followed by dan devine (.764 and a national championship!)suffered thru gerry faust for 5 seasons! finally with lou holtz (.765 and who never lost more than 3 games and won a national championship)

over 30 years of great football (minus 5 years of notre dame stupidity) and it's been downhill ever since!

so forgive me if i don't look upon kelly's .585 record (plus a 4-8 season) as something to be happy about. hell ... weis was only .020 worse!

i don't know when you came along but i'm thinking our perspectives are somewhat different. your brand of logic means ZERO to me.

you root your way and let me root mine! OK?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Notre Dame fans are disappointed with the game but I haven't written them off yet.
not sure what you mean by 'written them off'. i haven't written them off either. i just think they stunk against pitt and i suspect they are nowhere near the 4th best team in the nation. i'll be surprised if they win out and amazed if they do well in the post season.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me address this.
let me explain something to you. i don't know how old you are or when you became a fan. but i became a fan in about 1963. i grew up with parsegian (.836 and who lost 3 games in a season only ONCE and won 2 national championships!)followed by dan devine (.764 and a national championship!)suffered thru gerry faust for 5 seasons! finally with lou holtz (.765 and who never lost more than 3 games and won a national championship)

over 30 years of great football (minus 5 years of notre dame stupidity) and it's been downhill ever since!

so forgive me if i don't look upon kelly's .585 record (plus a 4-8 season) as something to be happy about. hell ... weis was only .020 worse!

i don't know when you came along but i'm thinking our perspectives are somewhat different. your brand of logic means ZERO to me.

you root your way and let me root mine! OK?

you are comparing different era's, where environments were different. the scholastic requirements at notre dame are more demanding now than most other big time football programs.

kelly has a better winning percentage than the last 3 coaches, and nd football is on the uptrend. kelly inherited a mess from charlie weiss. that doesn't get turned around overnight.

from 1995-2007 nd had nine consecutive bowl loses. under kelly they've won four bowl games.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you ever think that pitt just played well?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are comparing different era's, where environments were different. the scholastic requirements at notre dame are more demanding now than most other big time football programs.

different eras have nothing to do with it. all schools are in a different era. we've had many excellent recruiting classes and have made damn little good of them. notre dame has always had tougher requirements than most other schools. it's a piss poor excuse. it's poor coaching. we all see the stupid on field moves every week! kelly takes an extra half season to deduce what the average football fan has already figured out. why defend this guy?

and you're comparing kelly to davie, willingham and weis and doing your case no good at all.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what you mean by 'written them off'. i haven't written them off either. i just think they stunk against pitt and i suspect they are nowhere near the 4th best team in the nation. i'll be surprised if they win out and amazed if they do well in the post season.

This is what I mean by written them off. I think they are probably the best team since 2012 and maybe even better that doesn't mean they will end up 12-0 or in the playoff but if they win out they will be in.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different eras have nothing to do with it. all schools are in a different era. we've had many excellent recruiting classes and have made damn little good of them. notre dame has always had tougher requirements than most other schools. it's a piss poor excuse. it's poor coaching. we all see the stupid on field moves every week! kelly takes an extra half season to deduce what the average football fan has already figured out. why defend this guy?

and you're comparing kelly to davie, willingham and weis and doing your case no good at all.

academics requirements are greater at ND than in previous eras, making recruiting more difficult. notre dame has only had 2 consensus all american since 2010, compare that to 14 from alabama.

like i said here 2 years ago, nd would be stupid to change coaches. criticizing is the easiest thing in the world to do. kelly made a bold move and started book even though the team was 3-0, and its paid off.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
academics requirements are greater at ND than in previous eras, making recruiting more difficult. notre dame has only had 2 consensus all american since 2010, compare that to 14 from alabama.

like i said here 2 years ago, nd would be stupid to change coaches. criticizing is the easiest thing in the world to do. kelly made a bold move and started book even though the team was 3-0, and its paid off.

bold move my ass! he was hounded into it ... a move he SHOULD have made last season.

NDGreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MENU

via Sports Logos.net
About logos
1963 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Stats
Previous Year Next Year
Record: 2-7 (103rd of 120) (Schedule & Results)
Conference: Ind
Coach: Hugh Devore (2-7)
More Team Info
More 1963 Notre Dame Pages
Notre Dame School History Schedule & Results Roster
On this page:
Team Stats
Passing
Rushing & Receiving
Scoring
Full Site Menu
Team Stats
Most values are per game averages Glossary
|
Split
Offense
Defense
Difference

Passing
Rushing
Split
G
Cmp
Att
Pct
Yds
TD
Att
Yds
Avg
TD
Offense
Defense
Difference
+0.6
+0.4
+1.0
Passing
Show Passing
Rushing & Receiving
Show Rushing & Receiving
Scoring
Show Scoring
Support us without the ads? Go Ad-Free.
Login Create Account Surf AD-FREE
You are here: CFB Home > Schools > Notre Dame Fighting Irish > 1963
Full Site Menu
Return to Top
Players
Heisman Trophy Winners: D. Henry, B. Sanders, R. Williams, T. Dorsett, T. Tebow ...
All-Americans: A. Cooper, J. Clowney, L. Kuechly, L. Fitzgerald, C. Bennett ...
Schools
Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Stanford, Notre Dame ...
Seasons
2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 ...
Leaders
Career Passing Yards, Career Rushing Yards, Single Season Rushing TD, Single Season Receiving Yards, ...
College Football Scores
Most Recent Games and Any Score Since 1869
Conferences
Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Conference USA ...
Play Index
Player Game Finder, School Game Finder
School Streak Finder, Rivalry Finder
Coaches
J. Harbaugh, W. Hayes, B. Kelly, T. Osborne, P. Warner ...
Awards
Heisman, Bednarik, Maxwell, Outland, Groza ...
Bowls
Rose Bowl, CFB Championship, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl...
About
Glossary, Data Coverage, What Is Major? ...
Frivolities
Forfeits and Vacated Games, Random Page, ....
We're Social...for Statheads

Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated: Monday, October 15, 9:16AM
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Are you a Stathead, too? Subscribe to our Newsletter
FAQs, Tip & Tricks
Tips and Tricks from our Blog.
Do you have a blog? Join our linker program.
Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead
Go ad-free to support Sports Reference and get our fastest browsing experience
Subscribe to the Play Index and get access to more data than you can imagine
All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. We present them here for purely educational purposes. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos.
Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net.
Primary Data Provided By
Copyright © 2000-2018 Sports Reference LLC. All rights reserved.
Some school's results have been altered by retroactive NCAA penalties. As a matter of policy, Sports Reference only reports the results of games as played on the field. See our list of forfeits and vacated games for more details.
Sports Reference Baseball Football (college) Basketball (college) Hockey Soccer Blog Stathead Widgets
About • Privacy Statement • Conditions & Terms of Service • Use of Data