• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers @ Lightning

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected lineups

Florida Panthers
L1: Jonathan Huberdeau - Marcel Goc - Kris Versteeg
L2: Tomas Fleischmann - Aleksander Barkov - Brad Boyes
L3: Jesse Winchester - Shawn Matthias - Tomas Kopecky
L4: Scottie Upshall - Scott Gomez - Drew Shore
D1: Brian Campbell - Tom Gilbert
D2: Dmitry Kulikov - Mike Weaver
D3: Erik Gudbranson - Ryan Whitney
G: Jacob Markstrom

Tampa Bay Lightning
L1: Ryan Malone - Steven Stamkos - Martin St. Louis
L2: Alex Killorn - Valtteri Filppula - Richard Panik
L3: Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Teddy Purcell
L4: Pierre-Cedric Labrie - Nate Thompson - BJ Combeen
D1: Matt Carle - Radko Gudas
D2: Sami Salo - Victor Hedman
D3: Andrej Sustr - Eric Brewer
G: Ben Bishop

Series notes
All-time: Panthers lead series 57-32-10 plus 10 ties
Last season: Lightning won series 3-1-1
Last meeting: 4/27/13 @ Tampa Bay, Panthers won 5-3

Doob's view:
The Battle of the Sunshine State, Panthers won their first game but dropped their last 2 games. Meanwhile the Lightning dropped their 1st game but have won their last 2. Really interested in the goalie matchup between Jacob Markstrom & Ben Bishop, 2 young goalies with lots of potential. Lightning have shown a lot of poise their last 2 games however, they also have more talent up & down their roster IMO. As a result,
Doob picks the Lightning to win 3-1.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lightning win 3-0.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly possible, I don't feel comfortable calling shutouts tho.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 after two. Bishop looks good so does Stamkos. The Lightning are too much for the Panthers to handle.
First place after tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by the Lightning. Granted it was against the Panthers, but it is a rivalry game and blowing out anyone 7-2 in the NHL is impressive. Hope you guys softened the Panthers up for my Pens tomorrow and really looking forward to the H2H game on Saturday.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by the Lightning. Granted it was against the Panthers, but it is a rivalry game and blowing out anyone 7-2 in the NHL is impressive. Hope you guys softened the Panthers up for my Pens tomorrow and really looking forward to the H2H game on Saturday.
Yep I'm waiting to see just how good we are when the penguins come to town on saturday! It will be a big test for the lightning to see if we can make a playoff run this year. Valtteri Filppula has really impressed me handles the puck really well and seems to fit in tampa well! a lot of people bashed that signing but it's working out so far.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Pens & Ning on Saturday as well. Should be a good test for both our teams, especially our goalies who came into this season as the biggest question marks on the team. So far the goaltending for the Pens & Ning have been splendid but can they hold up against such high octane offenses? Really can't think of a bigger test for MAF than the Ning, can't think of a bigger test for Bishop than the Pens. Should be a very exciting, interesting, & educational game.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Pens & Ning on Saturday as well. Should be a good test for both our teams, especially our goalies who came into this season as the biggest question marks on the team. So far the goaltending for the Pens & Ning have been splendid but can they hold up against such high octane offenses? Really can't think of a bigger test for MAF than the Ning, can't think of a bigger test for Bishop than the Pens. Should be a very exciting, interesting, & educational game.
I have always thought of MAF as a good regular season goalie. It's just when he gets into the playoffs he just screws up I think it's a head thing with him. Us bolt fans are crossing a fingers hoping Ben Bishop is going to hold up all season. Going to be fun to see the lightning vs the penguins on saturday! I know in the offseason I wanted the lightning to sign rob scuderi how is he working for the penguins ? seems good.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought of MAF as a good regular season goalie. It's just when he gets into the playoffs he just screws up I think it's a head thing with him. Us bolt fans are crossing a fingers hoping Ben Bishop is going to hold up all season. Going to be fun to see the lightning vs the penguins on saturday! I know in the offseason I wanted the lightning to sign rob scuderi how is he working for the penguins ? seems good.

I really like having Scud back on the team, he really leads by example on the defensive side of things. Seen him single handedly shut down 2 on 1 breakaways at times, haven't seen our dmen able to do that in a while. Bet you MAF is really glad to have Scud back, really been the greatest missing void for the Pens since the 2009 Cup run.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like having Scud back on the team, he really leads by example on the defensive side of things. Seen him single handedly shut down 2 on 1 breakaways at times, haven't seen our dmen able to do that in a while. Bet you MAF is really glad to have Scud back, really been the greatest missing void for the Pens since the 2009 Cup run.
ya he seems to be really helping MAF his goalie numbers are really insane right now.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Tampa goaltending curse I just want to cry Ben Bishop hurt with a lower body injury! day to day. Lightning have recalled goaltender Kristers Gudlevskis from #ECHL affiliate.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that sux! Hope it's nothing serious. The Doobster wishes Ben Bishop a speedy recovery.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that sux! Hope it's nothing serious. The Doobster wishes Ben Bishop a speedy recovery.
Gudlevskis is are echl guy which they left are AHL goalies down. So this means Bishop will at least dress as the back up goalie but it looks like Lindback will start saturday. So if they left are ahl goalies alone this means Ben Bishop will just miss a game or two.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a high impression of Anders Lindback. I recognize his talent but he just strikes me as raw. At least that's the impression I got from last season. Maybe he's refined his game over the offseason?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a high impression of Anders Lindback. I recognize his talent but he just strikes me as raw. At least that's the impression I got from last season. Maybe he's refined his game over the offseason?
He has looked a little bit better in camp but Bishop is still ahead of him as the no doubt number one goalie in Tampa. It's a shame I was looking forward to seeing MAF vs Bishop. Lindback fits very well as are back up goalie but are starter no way.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll really be tested good Sat. night. Hope he plays well and hope Bishop will be back soon I wonder if it was that 3rd period play where he got run over ??

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, some cracking goals, Filppula's were pretty, Palat's was a bomb on a tricky pass, nice to see Stammer fire one home from the left circle, absolutely great! The Bolts were great, I loved the hustle, I mean I haven't seen the bolts cause some many turnovers, Killorn had a very underrated game, he's energy and grit caught my eye. Loved the physical game, Gudas, Labrie and how about Crombeen mixing it up and stunning Gudbranson who is one tough cookie.

Can't wait for Bolts vs Pens, should be a good game although with Bishop out, I think that's a big blow but who knows perhaps Lindy can jump right in there and be solid.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, some cracking goals, Filppula's were pretty, Palat's was a bomb on a tricky pass, nice to see Stammer fire one home from the left circle, absolutely great! The Bolts were great, I loved the hustle, I mean I haven't seen the bolts cause some many turnovers, Killorn had a very underrated game, he's energy and grit caught my eye. Loved the physical game, Gudas, Labrie and how about Crombeen mixing it up and stunning Gudbranson who is one tough cookie.

Can't wait for Bolts vs Pens, should be a good game although with Bishop out, I think that's a big blow but who knows perhaps Lindy can jump right in there and be solid.
From what I hear bishop won't be out long it's minor and they might just want to get lindback in there for a game or two. We will see lindback was not great vs boston but he was not bad so hope he does well.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear bishop won't be out long it's minor and they might just want to get lindback in there for a game or two. We will see lindback was not great vs boston but he was not bad so hope he does well.

Yeah Bish is day-to-day, it doesn't appear to be a long term thing which is good. It sounds like Desjardins will be back up Lindy on Saturday. Gudlevskis is here for practice, he'll be sent to Syracuse to tomorrow to backup up Helenius while Desjardins will be recalled to back up Lindy until Bish is 100% healthy.