• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers at Eagles talk

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get it. Stop a 4th and 15 vs the Titans and a 4th and 10 today and we are 5-2. Frustrating.

The only positive is we are in the East but the Skins have a cake schedule and we don’t.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think would be our most favorable opponent in the playoffs after our bye?

again, you're not clever. i despise scummy slobs like yourself who live on forums and think they are somehow getting to people with their little quips and insults. all you do is deflect from the intended use of the forum, to discuss sports.

i never said the eagles were getting home field or anything related to that. being a top team in the league and coming off a championship, it was the clear goal for this season. it's the same for teams like the patriots every year. get home field and take it from there.

all i did was make note that at 2-2, after choking away a win against the titans, that goal and the season was already in jeopardy. and a few weeks later at 3-4, my point stands perfectly true.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still don't know why people are ripping the team. the coaching staff has cost us multiple games already. we should EASILY be 5-2, if not 6-1. the only game we didn't show up for was the tampa bay game. i don't care how many injuries we have, pederson is not running the ball. he's boring and predictable, just like he was outside of that hot stretch last year.

how can anyone justify having a 17-0 lead in the 4th and you only run the ball ONCE? after reid almost picked wentz off, they went right to smallwood for an 8 yard gain. 3rd and 2 was a perfect time to run it (or even sneak it.) you still had a couple of timeouts left and nearly 40 seconds. the screen passes and swing plays in the 4th were a joke.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only real bright spot I see this morning is that out next opponent is in even more disarray. It helps the case to at least get to the bye 4-4 and work on some form of regrouping.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still don't know why people are ripping the team. the coaching staff has cost us multiple games already. we should EASILY be 5-2, if not 6-1. the only game we didn't show up for was the tampa bay game. i don't care how many injuries we have, pederson is not running the ball. he's boring and predictable, just like he was outside of that hot stretch last year.

how can anyone justify having a 17-0 lead in the 4th and you only run the ball ONCE? after reid almost picked wentz off, they went right to smallwood for an 8 yard gain. 3rd and 2 was a perfect time to run it (or even sneak it.) you still had a couple of timeouts left and nearly 40 seconds. the screen passes and swing plays in the 4th were a joke.
Agreed. At 3rd and two the should have run the ball. Even if they only gained one yard, at 4th and one they would not have blitzed They would have to protect the possible run. Poor play calling.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At 3rd and two the should have run the ball. Even if they only gained one yard, at 4th and one they would not have blitzed They would have to protect the possible run. Poor play calling.
Poor execution by Wentz on 3rd down. Smallwood was wide open for the first down on that third down pass into double coverage.

I like the desire to get the win, but find the right throw. No reason to force a throw into double coverage in that scenario.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, you're not clever. i despise scummy slobs like yourself who live on forums and think they are somehow getting to people with their little quips and insults. all you do is deflect from the intended use of the forum, to discuss sports.

i never said the eagles were getting home field or anything related to that. being a top team in the league and coming off a championship, it was the clear goal for this season. it's the same for teams like the patriots every year. get home field and take it from there.

all i did was make note that at 2-2, after choking away a win against the titans, that goal and the season was already in jeopardy. and a few weeks later at 3-4, my point stands perfectly true.

my point was that your point was a joke... and it has been proven to be perfectly true.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz played great, but had the one bonehead decision to not check it down to Smallwood and get the first down. There would have been about :25 left and we still had 2 timeouts, plenty of time to re-group with a new set of downs and try to win the game. But the loss is not on him.

The whole team, both on offense and defense, let their foot off the pedal and let an already defeated team come back and win a game they had no business winning. This game to me was 10 times more frustrating than the loss in Tennessee. Just stunned that we lost this game yesterday.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next DC should be Spagnola, whether Schwartz resigns, or is fired (which I doubt). Mike Groh is the next one to go, he is no help to Doug. Mike McCoy?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz played great, but had the one bonehead decision to not check it down to Smallwood and get the first down. There would have been about :25 left and we still had 2 timeouts, plenty of time to re-group with a new set of downs and try to win the game. But the loss is not on him.

The whole team, both on offense and defense, let their foot off the pedal and let an already defeated team come back and win a game they had no business winning. This game to me was 10 times more frustrating than the loss in Tennessee. Just stunned that we lost this game yesterday.
Mills and Darby are playing terribly right now. Doesn't help that Jones is hurt and they're paper-thin at safety, as well.

But I think Schwartz has to start sending more pressure.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were plays earlier in the quarter that needed to be made to keep the D off the field so they don't give up 3 consecutive TDs. Gotta be able to close out games when you have the ball, but we punted it away.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills and Darby are playing terribly right now. Doesn't help that Jones is hurt and they're paper-thin at safety, as well.

But I think Schwartz has to start sending more pressure.

Agreed, the 2nd TD surrendered by Darby was just head-scratching - he bit on a play fake when there was no reason to, and the receiver easily got by him for the catch. Up 11 points and your one job is to keep your guy in front of you. Even the commentator was saying why would you bite in a situation like that, a kid playing pop warner would have shown more awareness in that situation.

Schwartz SHOULD start blitzing more, but he seems allergic to it even though it has proven to be an effective thing to do in certain situations.

I miss Jim Johnson.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plays earlier in the quarter that needed to be made to keep the D off the field so they don't give up 3 consecutive TDs. Gotta be able to close out games when you have the ball, but we punted it away.

That does not excuse not making a stop on defense. You can't blame the offense for not making plays every single time they fail to do so. Also.........To have 1 rush play to 13 pass plays before the Panthers last drive is fucking inexcusable. I don't give a fuck who the RB is.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point was that your point was a joke... and it has been proven to be perfectly true.

yep.. it's a complete joke to discuss situations that aren't in real time. that never happens in sports.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to say this was also the play where it felt really unorganized and frantic at the line. Can't remember how many TOs we had left....but it felt like a TO would make sense there to catch a breath, talk it over....and ultimately decide to run the damn ball on that play.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say this was also the play where it felt really unorganized and frantic at the line. Can't remember how many TOs we had left....but it felt like a TO would make sense there to catch a breath, talk it over....and ultimately decide to run the damn ball on that play.

we had 2 left.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does not excuse not making a stop on defense. You can't blame the offense for not making plays every single time they fail to do so. Also.........To have 1 rush play to 13 pass plays before the Panthers last drive is fucking inexcusable. I don't give a fuck who the RB is.
I'm not upset by the lack of running the ball, because the run game wasn't exactly lighting it up. Clement was averaging less than a yard a carry. Smallwood had 26 yards on three carries, and 6 on the other 6.

It's not like they were ripping off 4 and 5 yard runs whenever they wanted to. Adams was the only guy who looked like he might be able to find yards, and even he wasn't lighting it up.

There were two pass plays in the 4th that hurt them: the sack (because of the yardage lost), and the incompletion to Jeffery that stopped the clock before the two minute warning.

Other than that, the run/pass balance meant dick. Wentz completed every pass up to the throw to Jeffery prior to the two minute warning. It's not like we were going incompletion, incompletion, incompletion, punt, and burning 20 seconds of clock time.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had 2 left.

Thanks! I was thinking there was two left.

If I am taking anything forward to Wentz to work on from this week it is that awareness to call the TO in this situation. 3rd and 2 and they seemed really disorganized at the line. One of the hardest things for me to learn with golf is when you get into stance and ready for the shot, but it just doesnt feel right at all, back off and reset. I feel like that is something Wentz should be working to get down. All that disarray at the line, playclock (and game clock) ticking down.....takes the hike and goes into a panic read/panic throw to his security blanket, who was double covered.

I get why it went that way for Wentz....it is just coachable.
And, speaking of coach, the coach needs to have the thought in mind to see that disarray and try to get a TO in himself.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! I was thinking there was two left.

If I am taking anything forward to Wentz to work on from this week it is that awareness to call the TO in this situation. 3rd and 2 and they seemed really disorganized at the line. One of the hardest things for me to learn with golf is when you get into stance and ready for the shot, but it just doesnt feel right at all, back off and reset. I feel like that is something Wentz should be working to get down. All that disarray at the line, playclock (and game clock) ticking down.....takes the hike and goes into a panic read/panic throw to his security blanket, who was double covered.

I get why it went that way for Wentz....it is just coachable.
And, speaking of coach, the coach needs to have the thought in mind to see that disarray and try to get a TO in himself.

situational awareness was lacking there. should have been reading low to high where they were on the field.