• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs Vikings - who to root for?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time Sunday night game coming up between the two teams still chasing us in the Norris. The question is which team should we root for? Well, the best answer would be for another tie between them. But the odds of a second tie game is pretty slim. Somebody is going to walk away a winner. So which team should it be?

Why to root for the Packers to win:
One word.....math. Can you count, suckers???? (Sorry, this was my homage to that great line from Cyrus in "The Warriors"). But it's quite simple, the Vikings have a 5-4-1 record, the Pack is 4-5-1. It obviously stands to reason that a Vikings loss evens their records, but more importantly puts greater distance between us and the Vikes. 8-3 vs 5-5-1 looks pretty tantalizing with only 5 games remaining thereafter. It might just reduce the Vikings incentive to win on the last game of the season when we face them in their house. Or if things go swimmingly for us the next 3-4 games, then this could be a golden opportunity for Nagy to reduce the playing time for the regulars. That would come in handy being it's quite possible we will have to play in the Wild Card round no matter what. So we Bear diehards absolutely must cry out GO PACK GO on Sunday night. Or should we.

Why to root for the Vikings to win:

Have you checked out the remaining schedules of these two teams? Here's the schedule for the Vikes:
Vs Packers
At Patriots
At Seahawks
Vs Dolphins
At Lions
Vs Bears

Here's the schedule for the Pack:
At Vikings
Vs Cardinals
Vs Falcons
At Bears
At Jets
Vs Lions

A no-brainer as to who has the more difficult schedule of the two, and it's not even close. If the Pack wins on Sunday night, they could easily run the table - with of course the exception of the game against DA BEARSSSSS. But even a 5-1 run from here on out makes for a 9-6-1 record. My guess is that would easily be enough for them to be in the playoffs. Make them 8-7-1 and their odds of playing in the postseason are reduced. It would be nice for a change to know that the hated Packers could be watching playoffs instead of being in them. With a Vikings win that makes this much more of a possibility.

So who would you guys like to see win Sunday night?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will want the Vikings to win. The last time we let the packers sneak into the playoffs with us, they beat us in the nfcc. Fuck that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will want the Vikings to win. The last time we let the packers sneak into the playoffs with us, they beat us in the nfcc. Fuck that.
Precisely why I threw this scenario at you guys. Sometimes the obvious, mathematical answer isn't necessarily the best answer. I don't see the Packers losing to any of those other teams. So if the Vikings and Bears beat them, this may very well knock them out altogether, regardless how they perform against the other teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Vikes to win. I'll never never root for GB to do anything but crash the team plane. MN is going nowhere with that schedule and I don't want the Puckers even sniffing the playoffs this year. Go MN for one game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 vikes 12-4 Packers 10-6 Bears 8-8 Lions. This was most peoples thoughts before the season started. Now this won't happen for at least 15 more years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bears being young and legit we may never see that ass AR smirk at us again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely why I threw this scenario at you guys. Sometimes the obvious, mathematical answer isn't necessarily the best answer. I don't see the Packers losing to any of those other teams. So if the Vikings and Bears beat them, this may very well knock them out altogether, regardless how they perform against the other teams.

I think 8-7-1 could damn well earn a WC this year in the NFC.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 vikes 12-4 Packers 10-6 Bears 8-8 Lions. This was most peoples thoughts before the season started. Now this won't happen for at least 15 more years.

Lol... easy. We'll almost certainly have down seasons. It happens to literally everyone not named New England. Vikings have a good coach and talented team locked up for a while. Green Bay has the baddest man on the planet and a new HC coming next year too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had the Pack at 12-4 for this season, I had them pegged at 10-6, along with the Bears, with our boys winning the tiebreaker. I knew the Pack was overrated, they are every year. But I thought they'd be better than they've shown so far.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it could, but I'm guessing the cutoff record to get in as a WC will be 9-7 at worst.

Yeah, I just think it's more likely that out of MIN, SEA, DAL, SEA, GB.... that none finish with 9 wins. As opposed to one finishing with 10. Especially when you look over the schedules.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just think it's more likely that out of MIN, SEA, DAL, SEA, GB.... that none finish with 9 wins. As opposed to one finishing with 10. Especially when you look over the schedules.
It's the main reason why I didn't rule out the Packers getting in even with an 8-7-1 record, I merely said their chances would be reduced. ANYTHING is possible in this year's crazy race to the wire. Usually tho a team or two tends to bust a move as the year winds down, which is why I'm thinking it will be a 9-7 record that closes out the standings for one of both of the WC spots.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for the Vikes, keeps them in contention, not only for a playoff spot, but for the division crown as well. They have two really tough road games coming up, at the Pats, then at the Seahawks, who pulled out an impressive, last second win over the Panthers today.

It's not completely over for the Packers, but the road to a postseason berth has all but dried up. Just about everything has to go right in order for them to get in.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...……..sorry @Lake Shore Drive ,didnt see this thread before I made mine.

My eyesight is not what it used to be...…...:frusty:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fucking Packers so much, but maybe them winning would've been better. That would've put both Minn. and GB what, 3.5 games back from us? As opposed to Minnesota now only being 1.5 games back.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much I know....I can't fucking wait to play the Packers again.
Aside from the fact, I doubt you're suiting up to play the packers, yes... I can't wait for our Bears to play the Packers again in Chicago.