• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers to hire Titans OC Matt Lafleur

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the title of this thread from the forum page quickly enough, it almost looks like Packers hired Matt Lauer.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have many pressing needs so I won’t pigeonhole myself into a player or position yet. However I think we could take any number of positions with the first pick. Second first is a bonus pick so maybe WR or TE
Understandable. This team does have many holes. When their on the clock I think they could go on offense or defense. Depending on who goes off the board before them will dictate which side of the ball they choose.

There's been some speculation about Elway considering trading Von Miller to help rebuild the Broncos. I don't fully buy that he's going to trade Miller right after hiring Fangio as his HC, but if there is any substantiation to that speculation, would you be in on trading our 12th overall pick (and likely a couple more high picks this year and next) for Miller or do you think it's better to sit tight and try to hopefully hit on a Von Miller type of guy through the draft? Keeping the picks would allow for hopefully hitting on improvements to other positions as well.

Miller makes $25M next year and has club options of the approximate same cost for the two following years. He turns 30 next month.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been some speculation about Elway considering trading Von Miller to help rebuild the Broncos. I don't fully buy that he's going to trade Miller right after hiring Fangio as his HC, but if there is any substantiation to that speculation, would you be in on trading our 12th overall pick (and likely a couple more high picks this year and next) for Miller or do you think it's better to sit tight and try to hopefully hit on a Von Miller type of guy through the draft? Keeping the picks would allow for hopefully hitting on improvements to other positions as well.

Miller makes $25M next year and has club options of the approximate same cost for the two following years. He turns 30 next month.
Not for that price tag as well as salary.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for that price tag as well as salary.
I kinda agree; with some conditions.

If we could get Miller for JUST the 12th overall pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year (or something like that), I'd be in. I'm pretty sure Elway would be looking for better return than that, though, and I'm pretty sure other teams would be willing to offer a better deal for him. With all the holes this team has, I certainly do NOT want to empty the draft pick stock for one guy.

Cobb and Clay are a combined $24M coming off the books. Financially, I wouldn't have much issue with replacing those two with Von Miller's $25M.

One final note is that everyone knows Rodgers is on the last few years of his career and I think Gutenkunst is probably going to look to make a splash via trade and UFA this offseason to give this team another good shot at a Lombardi before he retires and the wheels fall completely off.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda agree; with some conditions.

If we could get Miller for JUST the 12th overall pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year (or something like that), I'd be in. I'm pretty sure Elway would be looking for better return than that, though, and I'm pretty sure other teams would be willing to offer a better deal for him. With all the holes this team has, I certainly do NOT want to empty the draft pick stock for one guy.

Cobb and Clay are a combined $24M coming off the books. Financially, I wouldn't have much issue with replacing those two with Von Miller's $25M.

One final note is that everyone knows Rodgers is on the last few years of his career and I think Gutenkunst is probably going to look to make a splash via trade and UFA this offseason to give this team another good shot at a Lombardi before he retires and the wheels fall completely off.
we still dont have a player at TE we can count on. we need lots of help at OLB and S. We need much better Guard play. If we addressed all of those before moving draft capital I would be ok with moving picks but we all know that wont happen.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends. Is there a Von Miller type player in the draft that GB would have a shot at? I watch college football but I don't spend any time looking at players that are going into the draft. Too me, If there is, go after him in the draft. If not, Miller may be an option. Yea, his price tag is high but a lot of times you get what you pay for. 30 huh? Biggest question is....how much does he have left in the tank?

upload_2019-1-10_8-3-9.png

He had 14.5 sacks this season but he isn't a spring chicken anymore....I don't know, It could be a gamble since he will be entering his 9th season in the league. Then again, a veteran impact player is ideal.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chi getting 2 first rounders for Mack I don't see Elway letting him go for just 1 and possibly some later round picks.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chi getting 2 first rounders for Mack I don't see Elway letting him go for just 1 and possibly some later round picks.
I agree to an extent. Von is a few years older than Mack and has a $25M price tag. Those two things are factors. I'd say the only reason Von is being shopped is because Elway is looking for a return similar to the Mack deal, yet age and dollar could conceivably bring the return assets down a notch or two.

Ultimately, I do not expect Elway to move Miller. Elway is just doing what farmers with a lot of acreage in prime locations do: put their valuable asset on the market at high a high price and see if anyone bites.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent. Von is a few years older than Mack and has a $25M price tag. Those two things are factors. I'd say the only reason Von is being shopped is because Elway is looking for a return similar to the Mack deal, yet age and dollar could conceivably bring the return assets down a notch or two.

Ultimately, I do not expect Elway to move Miller. Elway is just doing what farmers with a lot of acreage in prime locations do: put their valuable asset on the market at high a high price and see if anyone bites.
It would be funny for Oakland to trade for him lol. If they give up their entire Mack haul it would be hilarious

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article on Lafleur’s offensive philosophy. So far so good. Hopefully he can do what he says.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are on a role. Cleaning house and picking up fresh meat. Time will tell if they made the right choices.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't know what to think of this hire, but so far the results have been very good. No complaints from me...I've seen him do a few things that I questioned during the season...but who am I...just a clown watching from his couch...but he's done a great job and it doesn't seem he's in over his head...now I hope he comes up with a great game plan for the 49ers...and gets it done

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't know what to think of this hire, but so far the results have been very good. No complaints from me...I've seen him do a few things that I questioned during the season...but who am I...just a clown watching from his couch...but he's done a great job and it doesn't seem he's in over his head...now I hope he comes up with a great game plan for the 49ers...and gets it done

One of my biggest beefs with McCarthy his last few years in Green Bay is that he strayed from using RBs in the passing game. LaFleur definitely brought that back and it definitively improved the offense.

Regarding the upcoming game, my key on O will be getting the ball out of Rodgers' hands quickly and let the skill guys get yardage for first downs. My key on D is doubling Kittle with a 3rd CB over the top and a LB underneath.