• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers backfield

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm staying away from them all. Aaron Jones can't pass block, apparently, so the chances of him staying on the feil for any real stretch is hit or miss at best. And Williams, average at best, but, earns his chances by contributing in pass pro

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want my $0.02 or will I be dismissed as both a Packers fan and Aaron Jones owner? Not saying it in a bad way just didnt know others thought my view was skewed.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want my $0.02 or will I be dismissed as both a Packers fan and Aaron Jones owner? Not saying it in a bad way just didnt know others thought my view was skewed.
Gotta say it. Do it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say it. Do it.
Aaron Jones is far and away the most talented running back on the team. Aaron Jones actually graded out perfectly as a pass blocker last season so being poor at pass pro is a misnomer at this point. His issue has been health and boneheaded decisions which lead to suspensions. Jones came back much thicker this year in hopes of remaining healthy.

Jamaal Williams is a plodder that can have a good game here and there but he wont wow you but he is generally healthy.

Dexter Williams offered great value for the Packers in the 6th round because he fits the Lafleur system to a tee. I think he eventually passes Jamaal on the depth chart and gets some third down work.

There is a reason Aaron Jones is frequently popping up on RB sleeper lists and its because the kid is electric.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones is far and away the most talented running back on the team. Aaron Jones actually graded out perfectly as a pass blocker last season so being poor at pass pro is a misnomer at this point. His issue has been health and boneheaded decisions which lead to suspensions. Jones came back much thicker this year in hopes of remaining healthy.

Jamaal Williams is a plodder that can have a good game here and there but he wont wow you but he is generally healthy.

Dexter Williams offered great value for the Packers in the 6th round because he fits the Lafleur system to a tee. I think he eventually passes Jamaal on the depth chart and gets some third down work.

There is a reason Aaron Jones is frequently popping up on RB sleeper lists and its because the kid is electric.

images.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled dynasty rankings and took the top 5 sites:

Fftoolbox – 15

Fantasypros – 17

ESPN Clay – 18

Dynastyleaguefootball.com – 16

Fantasyfootballcalculator – 18

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem speaks truth pertaining to REAL football. Real football doesn't perfectly align with fantasy football, though. As long as Aaron Rodgers is the QB, the Packers offense will ALWAYS function through the passing game and the running game will be a supplement to it.

The great unknown is how LaFleur's offense will incorporate running backs into the passing game. McCarthy's passing game greatly underutilized RBs. If LaFleur will have Rodgers use his RBs like Brady and Brees use theirs, Jones will absolutely be a solid RB2 with the potential of a surprise RB1; if it's business as usual for the Packers offense he's a rotational flex or bye week filler. I'm waiting until I see some preseason games before I rank him.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem speaks truth pertaining to REAL football. Real football doesn't perfectly align with fantasy football, though. As long as Aaron Rodgers is the QB, the Packers offense will ALWAYS function through the passing game and the running game will be a supplement to it.

The great unknown is how LaFleur's offense will incorporate running backs into the passing game. McCarthy's passing game greatly underutilized RBs. If LaFleur will have Rodgers use his RBs like Brady and Brees use theirs, Jones will absolutely be a solid RB2 with the potential of a surprise RB1; if it's business as usual for the Packers offense he's a rotational flex or bye week filler. I'm waiting until I see some preseason games before I rank him.
Im going based on Lafleur's track record and Jones's track record already granted small sample size.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise words to wait. I plan on doing the same.
I just worry about LaFleur. He seems to be a pass-happy coach, which will not bode well for Aaron Jones.

I don't mean to cast stones at any of my NFC North brothers, but LaFleur took an average Titans offense and actually made them worse (offensive ranking that is). Plus it took him 12 weeks to figure out he should've been giving the ball to Derrick Henry. But who knows if part of that was because of Vrabel's insistence?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only remember pass pro being the big knock on Jones, perhaps he's solved that, perhaps he was asked to do so little that the few times he had to it worked out, I dunno. But he's easily the best RUNNING back in GB, and I'd gladly take him if he fell to me after I've had 2 RB's and 2 WR's, (in other words, the 5th or later) but that ain't where he's gonna go, so I'll stay away. I just don't have much faith in him overall, and was of the opinion GB should've invested in one of the 3 stronger rooks, or a free agent...Ajayi still out there cheeseballs, just sayin'!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be one of those things that if you own Jones you'll always be frustrated that they don't use him more I think. I see him as a solid RB2, but just like you, I own him in dynasty which makes me a little biased. He was 16th in running back points per game in my dynasty last year (half point PPR) and 23rd in overall running back points with 158.4, which still makes him an RB2 and it seemed like he was completely misused for a lot of the year. Those stats were in 11 games because he missed the first two with suspension and the last three with injury.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your 2 cents holds more weight

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see why the pack don’t run him more . I mean there was the free Aaron jones movement

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see why the pack don’t run him more . I mean there was the free Aaron jones movement
I think that was part of Rodgers's frustration with the playcalling. However its hard to say whether he audibled out of more runs. I do expect more running this year as a team