• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers president Larry Bird wants ROy Hibbert to work with HOF big man

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,138.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird would like to see a more consistent Roy Hibbert next season and suggested Monday that the center find a Hall of Famer to work with this summer to solidify his game.

Bird, at his season wrap-up news conference Monday, said the Pacers brought in Hall of Famer Bill Walton to work with Hibbert one time this season. He'd like Hibbert to work with somebody like Walton or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar this offseason, as well.

"Roy's never asked us to go bring someone in," Bird, the Pacers' president of basketball operations, said. "I always say big guys are different. I would encourage Roy to try to get with one of the greats. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is one of the best teachers. Bill Walton is great. They know how to play the position as well as anyone ever has. I would encourage that."

Inconsistency marked Hibbert's season and he was a nonfactor at times during the postseason. He went scoreless in four playoff games, including Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals.

Bird credited Hibbert with being "active" in the first half of the season, when he was contesting shots and making it difficult for opponents to score around the rim. But shortly before the All-Star break, something changed, Bird said.

Source: ESPN

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Hibbert sucks. At 7' 2" the dude is a terrible offensive player and he sucks at rebounding. Hibbert throws up some of the wackiest shots that look like they have no chance of going in and they seldom if ever do. He is also incredibly overpaid. If Pacers want to keep their play style they need a Big man that can actually score like Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan. But the Pacers need some more offensive weapons because CJ Miles and Rodney Stuckey were great additions. George Hill actually stepped up this year and improved, Hibbert on the other hand got worse.