• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Unfortunately, USC has some of the most fickle football fans in the country.

But then again, the state of Cali has some of the most fickle residents in the nation.

So I guess that's not so surprising after all. :noidea:

GAWD... I'm hoping we can just get rid of that "Friday Night Game" jinx we've been having. Especially against WashSt. :nod:
Corp ... start a game thread please.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corp ... start a game thread please.
I mean by now wazzy is already 4-5 drinks in and USC fans know any thread on this game will pile up FAST with trolling. Ain't none of them want any part of that.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean by now wazzy is already 4-5 drinks in and USC fans know any thread on this game will pile up FAST with trolling. Ain't none of them want any part of that.
I'd start up a game thread but it wouldn't be right me being a Huskies fan and all. It's like that time OD started up a UW game thread and I went ballistic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Unfortunately, USC has some of the most fickle football fans in the country.

But then again, the state of Cali has some of the most fickle residents in the nation.

So I guess that's not so surprising after all. :noidea:

I don't know if fickle is the word I would use. For better or worse, this is California. We have great weather pretty much year round and many different choices for spending our entertainment dollars.

Bottom line is, with so many choices, most people aren't going to spend their money to watch the local team lose when there are so many other options.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if fickle is the word I would use. For better or worse, this is California. We have great weather pretty much year round and many different choices for spending our entertainment dollars.

Bottom line is, with so many choices, most people aren't going to spend their money to watch the local team lose when there are so many other options.
Same shit happens in pretty much every other market though. I've seen Martin stadium half full and there isn't dick else to do in that part of obscurity.

There aren't any teams in the Pac that can still pack a stadium when their team is not living up to at least base expectation, whatever that may be for their squad.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffen isnt blue blood enough. They want another Pete Carroll. He set the bar soo ridiculously high, its haunted them since hes left. Few will ever be able to replicate that, even with USCs built in recruiting advantage. Its gonna be amusing to see them continue to hire and fire on the quest to try to replicate the Carroll era.

The thing with "the Carroll era" is that is wasn't all that different from any other era where USC has had great teams.

It was physical, "impose your will" with the running game and tough defense style football. Basically, it's what we're seeing Alabama, tOSU, etc. doing.

They don't necessarily need Pete Carroll back (although I wouldn't complain lol). But they need to start recruiting o-linemen who can run block and play on the opponents side of the line of scrimmage.

At the heart of all of the "offensive fireworks" we saw in the Carroll era, was a mean o-line and a dominant running game.

I understood the change in philosophy during the sanctions. We recruited heavily at the skill positions because with limited scholarships, we had to. But the sanctions are over and it's time to get back to the type of football USC has been known for when we've been at our best.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't care about trolling. That's going to happen. I almost never post during games because I'm watching the game. lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn, that was a fun game. And not many times ever have we lost to $C but we beat ourselves more than $C. And damn Helton is a terrible coach. The Trojans only needed to run 2 plays all game and no idea why they didn't. Do you're power run away from Tago and just throw it deep to whatever side Thompson wasn't on.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn, that was a fun game. And not many times ever have we lost to $C but we beat ourselves more than $C. And damn Helton is a terrible coach. The Trojans only needed to run 2 plays all game and no idea why they didn't. Do you're power run away from Tago and just throw it deep to whatever side Thompson wasn't on.

fucking kickers...

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mrwallace2ku no bet, I want @OregonDucks to take it. I posted in another thread though for a OSU v. AZ bet if you want, my students are blowing up my teaching account right now. I will now spot you 12.5 points for AZ if OSU wins I wear OSU colors during Stanford's bye (unless OD does not take my bet, then I will wear them this week). Sound good?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eeesh wally. That was rough.

:rip: