• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a UNC fan forum about Lauri's decision to come to Arizona and a lot of them bash Miller for not developing big men very well. I've heard this quite a few times from different sources. I think the prime example everyone uses is Zeus. They also cite Miller lack of final fours with all of our recruiting success but I also read that many of the great coaches have taken longer than miller has to reach a final four. Arizona Wildcats Basketball: 5 Fan Overreactions for 2015-16 - Page 2

i don't know if my post had any point to it just typing off the top of my head thinking about the season.

I think that's bull shit about not getting to a FF. Miller's been to 4 EE, and 6 S16's in his coaching career. He's a hell of a coach, anybody to suggest otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. Getting to a FF won't all of the sudden validate that he's a top 10 coach in the country, he'll be that no matter what.

And I'm sure all those UNC fans will pump the brakes in 3-5 years when ole Roy retires and they want Miller to coach at UNC.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's bull shit about not getting to a FF. Miller's been to 4 EE, and 6 S16's in his coaching career. He's a hell of a coach, anybody to suggest otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. Getting to a FF won't all of the sudden validate that he's a top 10 coach in the country, he'll be that no matter what.

And I'm sure all those UNC fans will pump the brakes in 3-5 years when ole Roy retires and they want Miller to coach at UNC.
I thought Arizona would fall a bit in the switch of Olson and Miller. They haven't missed a beat, I don't know the real numbers but maybe they have been more consistent with Miller.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Arizona would fall a bit in the switch of Olson and Miller. They haven't missed a beat, I don't know the real numbers but maybe they have been more consistent with Miller.

Taking away the first year Miller was at Zona(because let's be honest nobody would have walked into that situation and won right away) he has 80% of his games. Olson won 75% of his games, but that dropped down to 72% his last 5 years, certainly good, but not what it was in the late 80's and 90's.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up a few years ago, but you would be surprised how long it took some of the best coaches to make the FF. It took quite a few HOF coaches more than 10 years to get one, and Miller's tourney wins are also relatively high among some of the best.

As @ericd7633 stated, banging out so many EEs and SSs in his first decade as HC is pretty spectacular to me; especially given the fact that he switched schools in the middle.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Smith tore his ACL again. Done for the season.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Utah and Oregon with solid outings last night against quality opponents.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only 2 games in but I'm tarting to wonder if the Huskies an actually do something this year. I expected absolutely nothing out of them this year and somehow, someway, they look good.

What do y'all think?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only 2 games in but I'm tarting to wonder if the Huskies an actually do something this year. I expected absolutely nothing out of them this year and somehow, someway, they look good.

What do y'all think?

I'm impressed... though I didn't actually see a whole lot of either game. No surprise that Andrews is playing well, but the 2 freshman look great.

I'm definitely gonna pay attention to the Gonzaga game on wednesday.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed... though I didn't actually see a whole lot of either game. No surprise that Andrews is playing well, but the 2 freshman look great.

The athletisicm has really surprised me. I swear that Dime and Chryss can both jump out the gym. We don't match up well with gonzaga at all as we don't shoot well enough to overcome their size.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy that the Zags play 1/3 of the Pac this season. Hope we can snag a couple wins from them. Best in the West has to stay in the Pac.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do y'all think?

I haven't watched them aside from some highlights from the Texas game. Every year I think they have the potential, and as much as I hate them, they can bring attention to the conference just by being good. And every year for the last few, they let me down. Hopefully Romar can get them back up. I know they haven't been healthy in years past, but Romar has a tough time away from home, especially on the road. I know they have a good class coming in. We'll see.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC off to their best start since 2000. lol. Pretty good win tonight vs. New Mexico. I was one of the few in attendance.

We play Wichita on Thursday, so that'll be a huge test to see how far they're coming along. But a really fun start.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC off to their best start since 2000. lol. Pretty good win tonight vs. New Mexico. I was one of the few in attendance.

We play Wichita on Thursday, so that'll be a huge test to see how far they're coming along. But a really fun start.
Glad you beat UNM. Those guys are a bunch of pussies

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel near as bad about Utah losing to Miami, now that Miami also beat Butler. Canes looks pretty good so far.