• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both UCLA and Oregon will be strong despite losing key players. Utah loses Wright, but they'll have 4 seniors on that team along with a stud big man. They'll be fine. Oregon State has a sick recruiting class coming in with their best three players returning, they should be strong as well.

I think Oregon, Utah and UCLA could all make the tournament. I said that in the post above. But will they be all be improved? I can see all three being about the same or taking a step back in Utah's case. UCLA was barely a top 40 team last year. Probably was lucky to even make the tournament. So Utah takes a step back and Oregon takes a step up. It will all cancel out.

Like I said earlier the bottom should be much improved. Which will help the overall power numbers of the conference next season. I'm just not really sold on it being a top 4 conference next year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Cal can fuck around next year. Their 3-guard backcourt are all coming back, and they could definitely give teams some fits. Wallace might have a hell of a year. But I guess Rabb wants the entire post to himself. So we'll see how that goes.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Cal can fuck around next year. Their 3-guard backcourt are all coming back, and they could definitely give teams some fits. Wallace might have a hell of a year. But I guess Rabb wants the entire post to himself. So we'll see how that goes.

Yeah, could be a decent team. If Rabb is as good as advertised right from the start they should definitely be tourney bound.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a really solid list. Probably the order I'd have it in too.

Agreed, and I'd have it about that tight. I think there will be a good crop at the top this season. Could have another 3-4 in the S16 again, with great chances to get ready for March during Pac play.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and I'd have it about that tight. I think there will be a good crop at the top this season. Could have another 3-4 in the S16 again, with great chances to get ready for March during Pac play.

OT: Sorry bout your Dodgers man, I'm enjoying it since I hate them but at this point it's gotta be kinda frustrating as a fan to keep coming up short. You think Grienke is gonna opt out this winter?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still kinda shaky with predictions for this team, we lack athleticism and a go-to scorer but I think our shooting should be much better with an improved offense. We don't have the athletes (outside of Smith & Tollefson) like we did in years past, but I think we'll be competitive.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still kinda shaky with predictions for this team, we lack athleticism and a go-to scorer but I think our shooting should be much better with an improved offense. We don't have the athletes (outside of Smith & Tollefson) like we did in years past, but I think we'll be competitive.

I think this team will have to be more of a team than athletic individuals. They don't have the horses and the established leader, but they can gel well and do some damage. My expectations are playing a great game for the EE.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: Sorry bout your Dodgers man, I'm enjoying it since I hate them but at this point it's gotta be kinda frustrating as a fan to keep coming up short. You think Grienke is gonna opt out this winter?

Eh, I can't be too pissed. 92 wins and 3rd straight west title.

I think we need to get rid of McGuire and our bullpen coach. We are still searching for a #3 pitcher.

As far as Greinke, I think it would take some major disagreements for him to leave. He knows he can be the best in baseball in LA, and we can pay for him. He also knows we are a great bet for October, and he has Kershaw to relieve the pressure of carrying a team. We'll see.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I can't be too pissed. 92 wins and 3rd straight west title.

I think we need to get rid of McGuire and our bullpen coach. We are still searching for a #3 pitcher.

As far as Greinke, I think it would take some major disagreements for him to leave. He knows he can be the best in baseball in LA, and we can pay for him. He also knows we are a great bet for October, and he has Kershaw to relieve the pressure of carrying a team. We'll see.

Yeah, I heard he might opt out to seek a huge extension since he's coming off a historic season. I mean it's unreal what he and Kershaw did this year. Same with Arrieta, that trio was disgusting this season… don't know if that'll ever happen again.

I assume he'd re-sign in LA but ya never know.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you feel about AZ? I think it's a decent place considering all of the changes since last year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard he might opt out to seek a huge extension since he's coming off a historic season. I mean it's unreal what he and Kershaw did this year. Same with Arrieta, that trio was disgusting this season… don't know if that'll ever happen again.

I assume he'd re-sign in LA but ya never know.

Yeah, those three were all on another level this year. Sucks the Dodgers couldn't do more with them. I agree. I think he stays, but you definitely never know.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about AZ? I think it's a decent place considering all of the changes since last year.

We've gotten better internally. This new FO is cleaning up KT's mess. Our offense was stellar this season (first in NL in runs and third in the MLB I believe) and bullpen looks a little better. Just need to find some starting pitching this offseason and hope one of Bradley, Shipley & Blair pans out. Corbin is the only lock in our rotation right now. We need a front line starter badly.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've gotten better internally. This new FO is cleaning up KT's mess. Our offense was stellar this season (first in NL in runs and third in the MLB I believe) and bullpen looks a little better. Just need to find some starting pitching this offseason and hope one of Bradley, Shipley & Blair pans out. Corbin is the only lock in our rotation right now. We need a front line starter badly.

You guys did have a monster offense this season. And I agree, it will take some time to clean up KT's mess.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star stretch PF Lauri Markkanen picks Arizona over North Carolina and Utah.

Huge pickup. Now gotta get Josh Jackson and Mitch Lightfoot and we're set for 2016.
I hear Josh Jackson is starting to lean MSU

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a UNC fan forum about Lauri's decision to come to Arizona and a lot of them bash Miller for not developing big men very well. I've heard this quite a few times from different sources. I think the prime example everyone uses is Zeus. They also cite Miller lack of final fours with all of our recruiting success but I also read that many of the great coaches have taken longer than miller has to reach a final four. Arizona Wildcats Basketball: 5 Fan Overreactions for 2015-16 - Page 2

i don't know if my post had any point to it just typing off the top of my head thinking about the season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think Josh Jackson is a long shot.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think Josh Jackson is a long shot.
I think JJ is coming to UA. We've got a LOOOOONG way to go until the spring, so there's no point in speculating now