• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what though, 3 Pac teams in the S16 is nothing to shake a stick at. Great job, guys. Still hoping Oregon can round it out for the PAC.

Still hoping that 2 teams can get to the EE!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for reppin the Pac, Oregon. Tough game, just a shitty draw.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go UCLA!!!!!! Send Gonzaga packing, for a second straight year, by a Pac 12 team, in the Sweet 16, as a top 2 seed. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season Pac. 8-3 ain't bad for how we were rated coming in. I think AZ, Utah, Oregon, and UCLA got better as the season progressed, and so the conference rating and team records didn't necessarily reflect the quality of teams. Shit, maybe next year we can win some more non-con games to take some of those wins with us before we beat up on each other.

Congrats Oregon, UCLA, and Utah, hopefully we can take it from here.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season Pac. 8-3 ain't bad for how we were rated coming in. I think AZ, Utah, Oregon, and UCLA got better as the season progressed, and so the conference rating and team records didn't necessarily reflect the quality of teams. Shit, maybe next year we can win some more non-con games to take some of those wins with us before we beat up on each other.

Congrats Oregon, UCLA, and Utah, hopefully we can take it from here.

The other day I took a quick look at all the Pac's rosters for next season factoring in who's staying, leaving, graduating and coming in as freshmen… let me tell you, it's going to be a very good conference next year. I could see us getting 7 teams in easily. There will be some very good teams and if our entire starting 5 leaves as projected then we may not be the first or even second best team in the conference next year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams-Goss transferring from Washington

I know it won't happen but the kid would look good in a UA jersey.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Pac news: ASU hires Buffalo head coach Bobby Hurley to the same position.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he ends up at UNLV, SDSU or Gonzaga. Doubt he stays in the conference… we're loaded at guard anyways right now.
Yeah apparently UNLV is the favorite. I've also heard Arkansas is in the mix.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams-Goss transferring from Washington

I know it won't happen but the kid would look good in a UA jersey.

Damn, really???

I was hoping UW would get back into the top half with the class they have coming in. But losing Upshaw and NWG?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romar is DONE.

Soon.

I agree man, your loyalty for a coach can't cost you everything he built, or you're almost back to square 1. Romar hit his ceiling in Seattle. Hang a banner for him (because he has definitely brought it to a much better place), and go get the coach that will make you a top 20 team consistently.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poeltl for Utah is coming back next year. Great news for Utah and the Pac.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news for Utah. I think this makes them a double digit seed tournament team. I still don't think they'll be as good as they were this year without Wright. Reading through some of the comments I think the Pac 12 will be about the same next year.

Stanford and Zona lost a ton. And yes Zona has the ability to reload, and definitely will, but losing what they lost I don't think its unreasonable to expect them to be worse. Oregon lost Young, but have a solid class coming in, and should still be a tournament team next year. UCLA lost Looney and Powell. I don't think they'll be improved all that much if at all. Should be a bubble team.

Is anybody else ready to jump up and be a tournament team next year? Probably Cal. I'm not exactly sure. The one thing that will help is that the bottom of the league should be much better. Cal, USC, Oregon State etc.

I think it will be deeper and better top to bottom but I'm not sure how many more bids the league will get. I'd probably cap it at 5 for next year IMO.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news for Utah. I think this makes them a double digit seed tournament team. I still don't think they'll be as good as they were this year without Wright. Reading through some of the comments I think the Pac 12 will be about the same next year.

Stanford and Zona lost a ton. And yes Zona has the ability to reload, and definitely will, but losing what they lost I don't think its unreasonable to expect them to be worse. Oregon lost Young, but have a solid class coming in, and should still be a tournament team next year. UCLA lost Looney and Powell. I don't think they'll be improved all that much if at all. Should be a bubble team.

Is anybody else ready to jump up and be a tournament team next year? Probably Cal. I'm not exactly sure. The one thing that will help is that the bottom of the league should be much better. Cal, USC, Oregon State etc.

I think it will be deeper and better top to bottom but I'm not sure how many more bids the league will get. I'd probably cap it at 5 for next year IMO.

Arizona, Utah, Oregon, UCLA are all locks for the tourney. I'll post my little preview I posted on PGU a couple weeks ago below.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I have their years listed as what they will be NEXT season. *NOT IN ORDER*

ARIZONA:

Key Incoming Freshman: SG. Allonzo Trier, SF. Ray Smith, PG/SG. Justin Simon, C. Chance Comanche

Key returnees: SG. Gabe York- SR., PG. Parker Jackson Cartwright- SO., SG. Elliott Pitts- JR., C. Dusan Ristic- SO., SG. Kadeem Allen- JR., PF. Ryan Anderson- SR.

Potentially declaring for draft:SF. Stanley Johnson, SF. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, PF. Brandon Ashley, C. Kaleb Tarczewski

Graduating: PG. TJ McConnell, C. M. Korchek

Overall projection: Top 15-20 team if you leave it as is with a chance to compete for another PAC12 title. Tourney seed ranging anywhere from 3-5.

UTAH:

Key Incoming Freshman: C. Makol Mawien- (3 star)

Key returnees: PG. Brandon Taylor- SR., SF. Brekkott Chapman- SO., SG/SF- Dakari Tucker- SR., PF. Chris Reyes- JR., SF. Jordan Loveridge- SR.,

Potentially declaring for the draft: C. Jakob Poeltl- SO.

Graduating: PG/SG. Delon Wright

Overall: A lot will depend on whether or not Poeltl returns, but they still do have that trio of Taylor/Tucker/Loveridge all returning as senior leaders with a couple younger players with high upside. If Poeltl returns I think they will be ranked around 22-25 and end up with a 5-6 seed. If he doesn't then I see them unranked and sneaking in the tourney as a 9-11 seed.

OREGON:

Key Incoming Freshman: SG. Tyler Dorsey (4 star), PG. Kendall Small (4 star), PF. Trevor Manuel (4 star)

Key Returnees: SF/PF. Dewayne Benjamin- SR., PF. Jordan Bell- SO., PG/SG Casey Benson- SO., F. Elgin Cook- SR., F. Dillon Brooks- SO.

Potentially declaring for draft: Likely no one in the group above

Graduating: SG. Joe Young

Overall: Losing their best player overall, but still return a couple really talented sophomores in Bell and Brooks plus have the senior leaders in Benjamin and Cook returning along with their three very talented freshman coming in. I think they could be a contender in the Pac12 for sure and have them ranked in the top 20 making the tourney as a 4-6 seed. Scary team even without Joe Young.

UCLA:

Key Incoming Freshman: PF. Jonah Bolden (4 star), SG. Prince Ali (4 star), PG. Aaron Holiday (4 star), PF. Alex Olesinski (3 star)

Key returnees: PG. Bryce Alford- JR., SG. Isaac Hamilton- JR., PF/C. Tony Parker- SR., C. Thomas Welsch- SO.

Potentially declaring for draft: PF. Kevon Looney- SO.

Graduating: G. Norman Powell

Overall: Surprisingly even if they lose Powell and Looney they still have a very strong team coming in next year. A lot of good guards and some very solid bigs. They will be young (outside of Parker and Alford) but dangerous and could also be a contender in the PAC12. I have them ranked in the top 25 and seeded anywhere from 3-6 in the tourney.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both UCLA and Oregon will be strong despite losing key players. Utah loses Wright, but they'll have 4 seniors on that team along with a stud big man. They'll be fine. Oregon State has a sick recruiting class coming in with their best three players returning, they should be strong as well.