• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you both, on paper. And with how much they like to go with their own stats, UCLA shouldn't have been on the bubble, let alone comfortably in. I know it doesn't mean much, but I think they'll beat SMU. That doesn't mean that on paper they are justified in. I just think that UCLA is so much more talented than their resumé shows.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has gotten in on name recognition alone in the past as well. 2009 is an example when we finished 19-13, got a couple favorable matchups to reach the sweet 16, then we got demolished by Louisville.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm fine with them getting in. A 20 win UCLA team with a couple of very good wins is pretty much always going to get in. Plus, they've been playing pretty well towards the end of the season.

I also think that Zona's destruction of Oregon, after only beating UCLA by 6, helped the Bruins as well.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CatsTopPac, I think UCLA will take down SMU and could probably compete with most teams out there but their resume just wasn't there. The committee really used the "eye ball" test this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CatsTopPac, I think UCLA will take down SMU and could probably compete with most teams out there but their resume just wasn't there. The committee really used the "eye ball" test this year.

I think they got a bit of break with their bracket too. It's a bunch of mediocre's and Duke. UCLA has the talent to get hot and end up in the Elite Eight.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The committee chairman on the Selection Show (when Gotleib asked about UCLA) was straight up like, "But did you see how well they played against AZ?"

Hahaha, I was like WTF??? When did playing well in one game (and still losing) ever count for a solid eye test??? That was one of the most anecdotal justifications I've ever heard for a team getting selected.

But yeah, that being said, they seem like they are capable of knocking someone on their asses, so who knows.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA getting in might have been tossing the PAC-12 a bone. I think that oregon and Utah are both underseeded.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if UCLA is a 10 seed in their eyes & Oregon is an 8 seed along with Utah being a 5 seed, us going 7-0 against those teams along with a win over 2 seed Zaga & 8 seed SDSU, should've made us a 1 seed over Duke, imo.

Especially when you factor in that Duke didn't win their reg season conference ship or tourney title while AZ won both. Meh.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL… Alford just said on ESPN that UCLA played Arizona down to the last possession in both games this year. IDK what he was watching.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at ;east theres no shortage of p12 bb fans
Anyone remember John John from the early days of SportsHoopla? Looking through old posts and I almost forgot bout him. This season would have been a blast with him around considering the state of Cuse hoops. Let him back hammer.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate UOFA and hope they get spanked.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate UOFA and hope they get spanked.

As AZ was cutting down their 2nd net this season, I thought both behind us over the season, and ahead to the tournament. I wondered about our losses and wondered how far we are going to go.

But then I went back to the accomplishments and cutting down the nets. You see, the blackest mark on us (personally) this year was our loss to ASU (in part because you are our rival in everything but basketball, but also just because of how bad it stings to lose to such a shitty team). But than I got to thinking more. How many nets has ASU ever cut down?

I couldn't think of one, maybe 1975? Once? They haven't won a conference tournament, nor have they won a conference title since the Border Conference in 1975 (if they cut nets for it). They obviously have never been to a Final Four, let alone beyond.

Aside from the fact that AZ has 14 reg season titles in the Pac, and 5 tourney titles, AZ also has the 4 Final Fours and the NC. That is 24 by my count.

I just think it's funny that AZ has cut down two dozen nets in the last 30 years, with two so far this season.

ASU is at a solid 0 in the last 40.

I love resting my head on that every night. Although, I understand why you are so bitter.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As AZ was cutting down their 2nd net this season, I thought both behind us over the season, and ahead to the tournament. I wondered about our losses and wondered how far we are going to go.

But then I went back to the accomplishments and cutting down the nets. You see, the blackest mark on us (personally) this year was our loss to ASU (in part because you are our rival in everything but basketball, but also just because of how bad it stings to lose to such a shitty team). But than I got to thinking more. How many nets has ASU ever cut down?

I couldn't think of one, maybe 1975? Once? They haven't won a conference tournament, nor have they won a conference title since the Border Conference in 1975 (if they cut nets for it). They obviously have never been to a Final Four, let alone beyond.

Aside from the fact that AZ has 14 reg season titles in the Pac, and 5 tourney titles, AZ also has the 4 Final Fours and the NC. That is 24 by my count.

I just think it's funny that AZ has cut down two dozen nets in the last 30 years, with two so far this season.

I love resting my head on that every night. Although, I understand why you are so bitter.

Burnnnnn, god damn.

25626.gif

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cool

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL… Alford just said on ESPN that UCLA played Arizona down to the last possession in both games this year. IDK what he was watching.
Think about it. Its technically a true statement.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a UCLA fan and I approve this post. I would add that it was unfair to pit BSU against Dayton. IN DAYTON.

At least you can admit it unlike some UCLA fans. lol

I actually do think you guys take down SMU tomorrow though. UCLA has lots of talent but just didn't have the resume to get in, that's where 'getting picked because of your name' can help ya. AZ has snuck in on that before, so just make the most of it and enjoy it.