• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I could see Miller not getting COY, I personally thought it should have been Krystkowiak, and I'm a little surprised to not see McConnell get POY, but he really turned it up at the end of the season to get into the discussion. But yeah, how Rondae doesn't get DPOY, I'm at a loss. He shut almost everyone down that he guarded. Anytime someone started to get hot, Rondae put them in check. You could go down the list in and out of conference, and he just put a stop to everyone.

And dc's point is especially salient. Someone on a mid-Pac zone team getting that award is fucking ludicrous.

Exactly. I didn't expect Miller to win COY honestly, just because our expectations were pretty much met this season. As for POY, I would've been fine (still a little upset) if Wright won it over TJ, but Young?! Wtf is that bullshit. Rondae not winning DPOY is the crime of the century as Bill Walton would say. He's possibly the best defender in the nation… no one plays as hard as he does on that end and it's why he's likely a top 25 pick in the Draft.

Oh well, the Pac12 is gonna Pac12 it every year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sean Miller shouldn't win COY because he met expectations, that basically means he should never win the award.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour grapes, all there is to it.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow you guys are kind of butt hurt, who cares about the awards really...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It goes a lot deeper than you think. After some missed awards last year and that whole bounty placed on Sean Miller we're just kind of all collectively done with the Pac12. Not to mention the shitty ass refs… we all have to deal with that though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Btw- how's USC's recruiting class looking next year? Honest question… I know McLaughlin (sp) will be back so if he gets some help around him they could be a decent squad next year. Still years away from getting back to the top, but with how weak the low to mid tier in the Pac is ya never know. One good recruiting class could do it.

I know Oregon State has a good one coming in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lotta butthurt up in here with the 'Zona fans.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that from NJ. Like I said, Rondae is the only one I'm really surprised at, just because I thought that it was the easiest award to give this year. I really like K at Utah. To bring a team like AZ, UCLA, Oregon, or UW up (from how far Utah was a couple years ago) is alright, but those programs have a recent history of doing well. But Utah has had a pretty rough decade, and in the last two years, they are hovering at the top ten and the top of the Pac. And this is only his first year with all of his own players. I know they lose Bachynski and Wright, but they are young and that program is looking like the most solid threat for the next couple years at least.

Miller had no business losing the games they lost this year. And the Pac was bad this year. Had he won all but 1, or maybe two, he would have taken it easy. But our only loss should have been @Utah.

I just really wasn't as impressed with Young, I guess. He scored 19ppg, with 4.5 rpg, and 3.7 apg, but he also did that in 37 mpg, had 2.3 turnovers per game, and only shot 35% from 3PT, and 44% FG. That's pretty bad for a shooter.

TJ scored almost 10ppg in 7mpg less than Young, with 3.8 rpg, 6.3 apg and only 1.9 turnovers per game. TJ is #11 in apg in the country, with the best assist to turnover ratio of anyone who is top 25 in assists. He also recorded 2.1 steals per game on the other side (which is also top 20 in the nation). Again, that was all in less than 30 mpg. He only shot 32% from 3PT, but 49.4% FG. That's all pretty good for the PG, and defense.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo Sting's sentiments. I knew you wouldn't get above .500 in the Pac, but I didn't think that 9-9 would be good for a 5 seed. Pac was a bigger letdown than I thought. I picked you guys 8th or 9th in the Pac, and like I said, your weren't in the basement. But I also thought the Pac was going to be a better conference. Washington, CU, and Cal all surprised me with how bad they were.
Maybe UOFA is that fucking good?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe UOFA is that fucking good?
I'm not talking about AZ. I'm talking about the conference. Last season, Utah was 8th in the Pac with a 9-9 record. This season, the #8 team in the conference is 7-11 (Cal).

Half the conference made the tourney last year. This year, I don't even think 4 make it unless Oregon does pretty well, and another team (not AZ, Utah, or Oregon) wins it.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about AZ. I'm talking about the conference. Last season, Utah was 8th in the Pac with a 9-9 record. This season, the #8 team in the conference is 7-11 (Cal).

Half the conference made the tourney last year. This year, I don't even think 4 make it unless Oregon does pretty well, and another team (not AZ, Utah, or Oregon) wins it.
gotcha

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games in the P12 tourny today.

WSU Cal noon
USC ASSu 2:30
Col OSU 6:00
Wash Furd 8:30

I think all are on P12 network. All those times are AZ time.

I'll go with Cal, ASSu, Col, and Furd.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games in the P12 tourny today.

WSU Cal noon
USC ASSu 2:30
Col OSU 6:00
Wash Furd 8:30

I think all are on P12 network. All those times are AZ time.

I'll go with Cal, ASSu, Col, and Furd.

I'll take Cal, ASU, OSU and Furd.