• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 is looking more and more like a 3 bid league. Oregon State and Washington suffer bad losses. Not that losing to Stanford is a bad loss, just a missed opportunity. Add on top of it all they lost arguably their most talented player, looks like NIT at best for the Huskies. Which has to be a disappointment considering they started 11-0.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 is looking more and more like a 3 bid league. Oregon State and Washington suffer bad losses. Not that losing to Stanford is a bad loss, just a missed opportunity. Add on top of it all they lost arguably their most talented player, looks like NIT at best for the Huskies. Which has to be a disappointment considering they started 11-0.

Agreed. OSU definitely screwed the pooch on what was looking like a promising season. It's still a great sign of things to come in Corvallis to be able to turn a .500 team into one that will most likely end up with 20 wins. That being said, I think that loss to ASU might have all but cancelled out their win against AZ. They have some serious ground to make up to punching their ticket. I agree with Sting, they will need to beat Utah and go on quite the tear to dance.

I have no idea what is going on in Seattle. 11-0 and then 3-6... and losing Upshaw? I get that Romar has a nice class coming in next year, but when is it time to maybe look else where?

Pac is looking down this year at the top. Two nice ones ranked well, and another just in the mix in Stanford. But then there are another 6 teams from the 60-80 range in BPI. If there is a 4th team in there, they had better start making those moves. The problem is that all of those 6 other teams are more than capable of doing some damage on any given night for the three teams that are trying to improve their stock for March.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah as Stanford are both legit teams.... everyone else is too up and down. They'll all beat up on each other and make it impossible for any 1 team to stand out in 4th place. Too many similar teams.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me me Beavs went down in flames last nite..Zona trip has always been tough, as is the entire Pac for us bottom feeders. CBB in the Pac is all about protecting the wins in your own venue and sneaking in as many road wins as you can. This loss won't kill the season.

Onwerds!

#EveryDamDay

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Beavers. We did not mean it to be that lopsided the first 12 min.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in Triple OT last week and lost on a buzzer beating 3 tonight. Uh I'm so not surprised.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. I just got home from WFA! Good game Sparky! Section 942 was the MVP today!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you guys in the tourney! Oh.... wait......

1-0 in football, 1-1 in basketball. Congrats on your greatest accomplishment of the year! I know, it's a big deal for you guys.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you guys in the tourney! Oh.... wait......

1-0 in football, 1-1 in basketball. Congrats on your greatest accomplishment of the year! I know, it's a big deal for you guys.

Rank 6 my ass:lol: you totally evade my 81 pts comment when you said we could not hold up 50 against a good defense. Your "D"-fence must suck.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a special kind of tard. That comment was well over a week ago and was referring to Oregon State because of the pace they have played this year. It was a compliment to their defense... which ended up getting exposed.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Fork, props on the win, but it's not like ASU took AZ's best, and won. That would certainly warrant your little tirade. Fact is, AZ didn't show up, or you would not have won. You know that as well as we do. Anything else is just your fantasy. We are not a top 8 team right now. On our good nights we are, but having 3 really bad off nights per year so far is not the mark of a top 8 team, for consistency purposes alone. That being said, saying our defense sucks, as opposed to our defense sucked yesterday, is just ridiculous. Our defense has held some of the best offenses and offensive players in the conference/nation to scraps; game in and game out. Just because you didn't see it on one day doesn't mean it hasn't been there for the other 20+ games. It means you either haven't watched, or you are trying again to use a sample-size of 1 to make your point. If you want to have a discussion about this, you actually have to check your own bullshit.

AZ is clearly the better team. ASU clearly wanted it more yesterday. AZ is still a great team that has to focus on the game in front of them and the ever-present potential to lose. ASU is still a bottom-half of the Pac team who can make you pay at home if you overlook them. Nothing is new with any of that, and no one is saying otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in: USC still sucks at basketball. :lol:

Carry On!!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Fork, props on the win, but it's not like ASU took AZ's best, and won. That would certainly warrant your little tirade. Fact is, AZ didn't show up, or you would not have won. You know that as well as we do. Anything else is just your fantasy. We are not a top 8 team right now. On our good nights we are, but having 3 really bad off nights per year so far is not the mark of a top 8 team, for consistency purposes alone. That being said, saying our defense sucks, as opposed to our defense sucked yesterday, is just ridiculous. Our defense has held some of the best offenses and offensive players in the conference/nation to scraps; game in and game out. Just because you didn't see it on one day doesn't mean it hasn't been there for the other 20+ games. It means you either haven't watched, or you are trying again to use a sample-size of 1 to make your point. If you want to have a discussion about this, you actually have to check your own bullshit.

AZ is clearly the better team. ASU clearly wanted it more yesterday. AZ is still a great team that has to focus on the game in front of them and the ever-present potential to lose. ASU is still a bottom-half of the Pac team who can make you pay at home if you overlook them. Nothing is new with any of that, and no one is saying otherwise.
ASU's play took AZ out of the game. They warmed up on the same floor! I have watched over half of your games. You are a 15 rank team (before ASU) now 17. Watch you drop to 9 only. fucking critiques blow the wildcats day in and day out. We got zero credit for that win.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU's play took AZ out of the game. They warmed up on the same floor! I have watched over half of your games. You are a 15 rank team (before ASU) now 17. Watch you drop to 9 only. fucking critiques blow the wildcats day in and day out. We got zero credit for that win.

Please don't post again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to interrupt the ASU/AZ sniping. :lol:

But I thought USC played pretty well vs. Stanford last night. In the end, inexperience got the better of them. I heard where there are 351 schools that play D-1 basketball and USC is ranked 349 in experience. Hopefully, they'll be a solid team in the next couple of years.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled ASU/AZ hatefest.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero credit? What are you looking for? You guys are 12-11, you are below .500 in a down Pac this year. What kind of credit do you think you should get?

You guys played well, I think everyone acknowledges that. But If AZ showed up, AZ would have won. THere's not really an argument against that as far as I'm concerned. It was a road game against a weak opponent, that we didn't focus on, and we lost. Just like UNLV and OSU before that. You didn't expose anything. You didn't find a way to beat AZ at their best because you didn't see it.

Did you want analysts to say that you are going to run the rest of your schedule and get into the tourney because of that win, or that you are going to win the P12 tourney and get in? Or that you are leagues better than your .500 record? One game doesn't really mean shit in a season; not for our loss, or your win. We played like shit, and you took advantage. Our highest opponent point total before Saturday was 71. Do you really think that the master genius that is Herb Sendek finally figured out how to run all over Miller's defense, or that his .500 ball club just dominated a top 10 team? Or is it probably that AZ played a shitty game, an outlier compared to the rest of the season, and because ASU wanted it more, they took advantage and played well enough to win?