• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, props to OSU, playing good ball right now!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal really sucks. ASU demolished them in their own building. Now watch them play out if their minds against us.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to realistically think Oregon State has a shot to crack the NCAA Tournament. Currently sit at 65 in the RPI. I don't think it's a stretch to say they could win their remaining home games, having already beaten Arizona at home. How will this team play on the road in must win games will be the question. They HAVE to win @ASU, @USC and @Cal to make it. Can't afford many more bad losses with losses to Quinnipiac and Auburn in the Non Conf.

Will a record of 21-8(13-5) be enough to get a bid heading into the Pac 12 Tournament? I'd venture to say that WILL be enough. That 13-5 record should secure them at worst the 4 seed and maybe even the 3 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. Even a loss in the Quarterfinals of the Pac 12 tourney shouldn't affect them getting into the NCAA's IF they have that record heading in.

I'll be pulling for them. It's always great to see new teams make the tourney for the first time in a while. Things are looking very bright for the future in Corvallis.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to realistically think Oregon State has a shot to crack the NCAA Tournament. Currently sit at 65 in the RPI. I don't think it's a stretch to say they could win their remaining home games, having already beaten Arizona at home. How will this team play on the road in must win games will be the question. They HAVE to win @ASU, @USC and @Cal to make it. Can't afford many more bad losses with losses to Quinnipiac and Auburn in the Non Conf.

Will a record of 21-8(13-5) be enough to get a bid heading into the Pac 12 Tournament? I'd venture to say that WILL be enough. That 13-5 record should secure them at worst the 4 seed and maybe even the 3 seed in the Pac 12 tourney. Even a loss in the Quarterfinals of the Pac 12 tourney shouldn't affect them getting into the NCAA's IF they have that record heading in.

I'll be pulling for them. It's always great to see new teams make the tourney for the first time in a while. Things are looking very bright for the future in Corvallis.

Me too eric...The Beavers have sucked at CBB for so long that I have blamed ex HC Jimmy Anderson, who goes to every home game to date, as the sole reason for failure. Gawd that guy sucked the life out of a nationally ranked team of lore guided by HOFer Ralph "Gimmie another Smoke" Miller.

BOO RAH for taking down the mighty Baby Bruins last night as well.

Worse thing that can happen THIS YEAR for the Beavers is a NIT Invite. Hell...I'll take that.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing about W Tinkle I like...Guy is not a "screamer and a yeller" on the sidelines. Imposing dude tho at 6' 10" one would think he is an "Intimidator", but he is isn't. Guy just strolls along the sidelines praising his team up, clapping along and patting them all on the backs as a TO is called.

Now HC S Miller of Zona? There's a screamer.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game today in Corvallis, ugh I thought we were going to pull it out. Oregon State is tough, that defense is no joke, and GPII is a stud in all facets of the game.

1-6 in conference wooooooooooooooooooooooooo sigh

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU goes 21-8 and 13-5 in the Pac, I have to believe that will get them in. With how their RPI will improve to end up 13-5, especially with beating AZ, I'd put them in.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd only be able to lose 3 games in Pac play if they want to sneak in. It'll be tough.

They still have the AZ road trip, the Bay road trip, a game against Utah, plus UO & Colorado.

Not looking great for them unless they can pull off an upset over Utah/AZ.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It's definitely a tough stretch, but if they can do it, they'll earn my vote. I think if they lose against us, Utah, and one other and run the table they should punch a ticket.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU goes 21-8 and 13-5 in the Pac, I have to believe that will get them in. With how their RPI will improve to end up 13-5, especially with beating AZ, I'd put them in.

Especially with wins over UA and UCLA... I'm liking what tinkle is doinv in Corvaliz.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, i'm just saying that nobody from Oregon State is going to be excited about beating UCLA this year. They are that bad.

While UCLA isn't great, heck they may not even be good, I'd still consider that a quality win for Oregon State's quest to make the tournament. UCLA has an RPI of 75, really no bad losses(sub 100), and I think is a top half Pac 12 team this season. I think they may even be able to finish 4th in the Pac 12.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While UCLA isn't great, heck they may not even be good, I'd still consider that a quality win for Oregon State's quest to make the tournament. UCLA has an RPI of 75, really no bad losses(sub 100), and I think is a top half Pac 12 team this season. I think they may even be able to finish 4th in the Pac 12.

this is an exact situation where RPI is a SHITTY metric. That team just lost to Oregon by 20. They aren't good. Beating them at home means very little. A win @ UCLA maybe, MAYBE is worth noting. But right now a win against ASU is (vomit) a better win than UCLA.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an exact situation where RPI is a SHITTY metric. That team just lost to Oregon by 20. They aren't good. Beating them at home means very little. A win @ UCLA maybe, MAYBE is worth noting. But right now a win against ASU is (vomit) a better win than UCLA.

UCLA also has a BPI of 75, Ken Pom rating of 79 and a Sagarin rating of 83. Add it all up and it's about the same. Either way they are a consensus top 80 team. Those are wins you need if you are going to try and build a resume for the NCAA Tournament.

And yes, UCLA is a bad road team, I'll give you that, but Oregon isn't terrible either. RPI of 77, BPI of 64, Ken Pom of 76 and Sagarin rating of 71. There are alot of teams in the Pac 12 that are very similarly bunched. You have to win those games to put together a resume.

And FWIW, I think UCLA, and Oregon are better than ASU. Just my opinion. The metrics do love ASU for some reason. They've done next to nothing in terms of resume.