• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because total wins means everything?? 6 at the most and that's being kind by the selection committee.

You have around 7 with good records both in conference and overall.. I think more could get in...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 6 is the bare minimum. Even if you look beyond records, Pac has a minimum of 6 teams in, but 7 is probably the max.

AZ, UCLA, and Colorado are all top 20 in RPI and SOS. Those are no-brainers.

Oregon and ASU are both 32 and 33 in RPI respectively, and have a 36 and 29 SOS respectively. ASU has beaten AZ, and Oregon has a 6 game winning streak (including a win at UCLA). Even if they lose to AZ today, if they win a game in the P12 tourney, they are in for sure. Oregon also has a #20 BPI, and ASU has a #35. I would say that those two are in for sure. Both would have to lose today and lose their first round in the P12 to be out.

Stanford has a 46 RPI, but a #17 SOS. They also have a #37 BPI. I think they are really close. If they win their game today (against Utah, which will be tough), and can win their first game of the P12 tourney, I think there is a really good case that a 20 win season with a top 20 SOS, should get them in.

Other than that, I think that a team would have to get the automatic bid to get in. The next closest teams are Cal and Utah though. Utah can't win on the road, although they have a great BPI because all but a few of their losses are by a possession or two. Cal beat AZ, but other than that, they just aren't beating anyone other than the teams below them in the conference. I have them out.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi has 6 teams in with Cal being one of the first 4 out. Last week he had 7 teams in and Bill Walton wants 8 teams in because he thinks Utah deserves it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limping into the PAC12 tourney are the Cats and Bruins both losing their season finales.

More so are the Bruins, losers in three of their last five, even so the Cats have lost two of their last seven.

Not so bad until you consider they've only lost three in thirty one attempts all season!

For the Bruins, thank GOD the PAC roadie games are over. They couldn't win the back end of a PAC roadie all season. I think over time it became a physiological aspect. Now that the dogma is impossible to repeat, maybe they can get back to winning more than one game away from Pauley as they did earlier in the season. Two wins away from Pauley in Vegas will put them in the PAC12 Finals as is for all first round bye teams. Whichever of the four, only the Cat can't help their NCAA tourney seeding as they are securely seeded as the No. 1 seed in the West.

Congrats Cats fans!!.

Luckily for my Bruins, <<sarcasm>> :L they will face probable Round 2 opponents and currently top of the Conference, (By then) 8 straight game winners, in the Oregon Ducks. (Go Beavers!)

I would think Cats fans will be rooting for the Utes. While ASU will be pulling for State. (To be the third seed now is a luxury and I think you Devils fans know it, losing to Oregon last you met and barely beating them in the desert!)

To sum up the first round bye teams, Cal will be hoping the Trojans pull off the upset vs Colorado. The Trees needed a pair of free throw in OT to win by one in their only meeting of the season vs the Buffs. Don't think for a minute that the Buffs aren't looking ahead to the Cal game to get some redemption and win their way into the NCAA tourney!

All in all, if somehow Stanford and Colorado (With Colorado winning it all) play in the PAC 12 Championship the PAC may end up with as many as eight team in the tourney, however don't hold your breath.

Enjoy the PAC Tourney all! :suds:

And.....

Go Bruins!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are yous boyz? :noidea:

The PAC12 Tourney starts mañana at noon!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to decide who I'm rooting for on the Utah Washington game that tips off in a few hours. I've decided I'd rather have Zona play Washington.

While Utah had a horrible season away from home, they actually were showing great signs in 3 of their last 4 home games.
- Got their first road win of the year over USC
- Beat a desperate Cal team on the road
- Lost by 1 pt to Stanford

Washington on the other hand, had their best performances away from home back in early January when they beat ASU and played Arizona tough. Since then, they haven't been competitive away from home outside of their win at Oregon St.

Looks like they both need an automatic to get in the dance... and I feel like Utah will have a lot more confidence in their ability to pull that off than Washington, given their success last year and the fact that they have spent much more for of the season with legitimate tourney aspirations than Washington.

So go Huskies! (Not that I don't think Zona would handle Utah just fine.)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to decide who I'm rooting for on the Utah Washington game that tips off in a few hours. I've decided I'd rather have Zona play Washington.

While Utah had a horrible season away from home, they actually were showing great signs in 3 of their last 4 home games.
- Got their first road win of the year over USC
- Beat a desperate Cal team on the road
- Lost by 1 pt to Stanford

Washington on the other hand, had their best performances away from home back in early January when they beat ASU and played Arizona tough. Since then, they haven't been competitive away from home outside of their win at Oregon St.

Looks like they both need an automatic to get in the dance... and I feel like Utah will have a lot more confidence in their ability to pull that off than Washington, given their success last year and the fact that they have spent much more for of the season with legitimate tourney aspirations than Washington.

So go Huskies! (Not that I don't think Zona would handle Utah just fine.)

Oh it's huskies all the way. Utah is not a great matchup for us, and the one time we played Washington it was more what we didn't do than what they did.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then, go Huskies!:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barn burner going on.

Huskies could have gone ahead instead it's all tied with a minute to go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utes hit the three!

35s to go!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona matches up well enough with either school.

The Cats beat them both at home by 9 and only faced the Huskies once, never on the road. Since the Utes struggle away from home so much I'm thinking you Cats fans would want the Utes over the the Dubbs anyhow!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubbs needing a miracle down 5 with 15s to go with the ball.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's all but over.

Nice season for Washington however .500 in the PAC ain't gonna get ya to the Tourney however that 17-14 should get them to the NIT!

Good season Huskies!

Utes moves on.

The Buff and Trojans up next.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona matches up well enough with either school.

The Cats beat them both at home by 9 and only faced the Huskies once, never on the road. Since the Utes struggle away from home so much I'm thinking you Cats fans would want the Utes over the the Dubbs anyhow!

Utes it is then. Just glad we're not playing them at Utah haha. They were phenomenal at home this season. I fell confident that we will take care of business tomorrow. We're an excellent road team and I fully expect a good amount of Zona contingent in Vegas.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this on pac12 network only?

Yeah every game from the pac12 tourney is just on the p12 network except the 2nd semifinal and the championship which are both on fs1.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah every game from the pac12 tourney is just on the p12 network except the 2nd semifinal and the championship which are both on fs1.
Tanks brudah! :yahoo:

(I need a Hawaiian smilie!!!:lol:)