• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Bachysnki would be so much better if he wasnt so uncoordinated around the rim. He needs to keep the ball high and hit the weight room. Must be hard to grow into a 7'2'' body.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Bachysnki would be so much better if he wasnt so uncoordinated around the rim. He needs to keep the ball high and hit the weight room. Must be hard to grow into a 7'2'' body.

Yea but he can block shots and he runs the floor pretty well. His hook shot is the ugliest thing you will ever see but he converts it most of the time. Hes a little bit tougher this year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish there were more fan bases over here. ASU actually has a really good fan base on the espn facebook but my posts never show up when I post them on the boards. So I cant really get the ASU fans over here I wish Sting told me how he did it. Ask Sting if he can try and get other Pac 12 basketball fan bases over here these threads would be much better and Thursdays and Saturdays would make Pac 12 basketball much more fun.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the other Pac 12 fans hate basketball. Probably because Arizona lays a fat dump on them all the time. UCLA fans don't exist.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the other Pac 12 fans hate basketball. Probably because Arizona lays a fat dump on them all the time. UCLA fans don't exist.

Nah ESPN had some great fan bases. ASU Football has like an active football board over there with regulars I wish my posts would show up.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im just talking about on this site. Apparently its cool to hate basketball and get boners for football.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird is 0-2 and hasn't scored? Any concerns or just freshmen jitters? Kravish looks really good for Cal. I don't think Cal will need to live and die by there back court but they definitively need solid numbers from both Cobbs and Bird.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask Sting to help bring more fan bases over here so this thread is more active.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Ducks!! Whats up BB fans.....roll call.....Jahii...here.....lol

Not a huge BB fan myself, but I do like watching PAC games. Arizona probably the favorite this year huh? I think Oregon will be good again, maybe win the conf or at least go to the tourney. ASU should be decent...not sure about the rest. One thing for sure, the Beavers will suck again....even the President of the USA's brother in law cant stop that.

Just thought I'd drop by again and saw this. I was at the store last night, in the mag aisle and picked up one of those hoop preseason mags. They seemed to think OR St had a pretty good team and were going to be the darkhorse of the PAC 12. I'm not watching all the games but will keep track of the box scores and if the Beavs get anything going, I'll drop by again to blow you guys an E-raspberry :lol:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
Just thought I'd drop by again and saw this. I was at the store last night, in the mag aisle and picked up one of those hoop preseason mags. They seemed to think OR St had a pretty good team and were going to be the darkhorse of the PAC 12. I'm not watching all the games but will keep track of the box scores and if the Beavs get anything going, I'll drop by again to blow you guys an E-raspberry :lol:

Well, that might still happen, but that comment about OSU might have been a result of the fact that OSU just lost to Coppin State, at home.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that might still happen, but that comment about OSU might have been a result of the fact that OSU just lost to Coppin State, at home.

Do you hear that? Its Craig Robinson getting canned....................... Unless he can lead his mighty Beavers back to the CBI there is a 4 year extension waiting for him.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW loses one of their big men for the season. Starting 6'10" F Jernard Jarreau out with a torn ACL which occurred 2 minutes in to their opening game...wow. Looks like UW will be turning to inexperienced Sophomore 7 footer Gilles Dierickx from Belgium (who had 4 fouls in 12 minutes of action...sigh) and Junior 6'9" F Shawn Kemp Jr to take more of the load this season in the paint with Romar's 3 guard sets.

Looks to be a long season for the Dawgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW loses one of their big men for the season. Starting 6'10" F Jernard Jarreau out with a torn ACL which occurred 2 minutes in to their opening game...wow. Looks like UW will be turning to inexperienced Sophomore 7 footer Gilles Dierickx from Belgium (who had 4 fouls in 12 minutes of action...sigh) and Junior 6'9" Junior F Shawn Kemp Jr to take more of the load this season in the paint with Romar's 3 guard sets.

Could be a long season.

Wilcox is good though. Ask the Uofa fans on here they will tell ya ASU isn't making the tourney. So there is room 1-6 in the conference standings and six teams will make the tourney or maybe 7 but that 7th team wont be ASU. I mean Uofa fans know all right?

But seriously we hope we can get another regular over here! GO PAC!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most AZ fans think that ASU has a possibility of making the tourney, but it's just too close to automatically give them the nod. AZ, CU, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford all look strong enough to make it. ASU is right there. But 7 teams from the Pac won't make it, unless 6 are at large and a 7th wins the auto bid. I'm not saying that ASU won't make it, I just think it remains to be seen if ASU can play better than at least one of those six other teams. Plenty of basketball to prove it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most AZ fans think that ASU has a possibility of making the tourney, but it's just too close to automatically give them the nod. AZ, CU, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford all look strong enough to make it. ASU is right there. But 7 teams from the Pac won't make it, unless 6 are at large and a 7th wins the auto bid. I'm not saying that ASU won't make it, I just think it remains to be seen if ASU can play better than at least one of those six other teams. Plenty of basketball to prove it.

Marshalls knees and hes been sick, and injured, early on in practice nothing serious but just watch for that if he has a season ending injury or something the season is over. Hopefully we keep him healthy. His knee needed surgery but it wasn't a needed surgery he will eventually need it but can take a year off without the surgery.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything bad about Marshall. What I did say was that he is completely new to the system, and in order for him to shine at ASU, he will need to work well within that system. You can't just assume that anyone will do that. I hope he does, for his sake, ASU's sake, and therefore, the Pac's sake.

What I said about TJ is that he will be a very good true PG on both sides of the ball. That means that he will have a great assist to turnover ratio, and be a great defender. I maintain that. A true PG is not supposed to lead their team in scoring. It's great if he does, but for a PG to lead in scoring, it usually means that he is not finding the other players who should be scoring more: whether because he isn't looking for them, or because they aren't there. You look at the great PGs such as Nash, Payton, Stockton, etc., they don't lead their team in scoring. They are great because they can find the teammates who are great at scoring. They have dramatic assist to turnover ratios. That is what I expect out of TJ, and I think he will be a better true PG than Jahii, because he has the weapons around him to rack up the assists, while limiting turnovers. Think about it, every shot that Jahii takes, is an assist that he doesn't have the possibility of getting. Jahii just doesn't have the weapons that TJ has. I think that TJ will have a better assist to turnover ratio that Jahii, because he has more weapons. That is what will make him stand the chance to be a better true PG. Take nothing away from Jahii, he is a phenomenal athlete, and he can do it all, but he just doesn't have the weapons that AZ has. He has to do more by himself.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything bad about Marshall. What I did say was that he is completely new to the system, and in order for him to shine at ASU, he will need to work well within that system. You can't just assume that anyone will do that. I hope he does, for his sake, ASU's sake, and therefore, the Pac's sake.

What I said about TJ is that he will be a very good true PG on both sides of the ball. That means that he will have a great assist to turnover ratio, and be a great defender. I maintain that. A true PG is not supposed to lead their team in scoring. It's great if he does, but for a PG to lead in scoring, it usually means that he is not finding the other players who should be scoring more: whether because he isn't looking for them, or because they aren't there. You look at the great PGs such as Nash, Payton, Stockton, etc., they don't lead their team in scoring. They are great because they can find the teammates who are great at scoring. They have dramatic assist to turnover ratios. That is what I expect out of TJ, and I think he will be a better true PG than Jahii, because he has the weapons around him to rack up the assists, while limiting turnovers. Think about it, every shot that Jahii takes, is an assist that he doesn't have the possibility of getting. Jahii just doesn't have the weapons that TJ has. I think that TJ will have a better assist to turnover ratio that Jahii, because he has more weapons. That is what will make him stand the chance to be a better true PG. Take nothing away from Jahii, he is a phenomenal athlete, and he can do it all, but he just doesn't have the weapons that AZ has. He has to do more by himself.

I love NJs game an all around player. I said it before will be like Victor Oladipo his senior year. But Marshall is a better scorer way less pressure on Jahii this year to do his thing. Also all the assists Jahii can rack up throw it up top to Bach and doing what Bach does best catch it over people all soft but has the ability to nicefully touch the ball in the basket. Jahii has some good weapons. And I understand Jahiis turnovers but hes also like 5'9 hes not 5'10 if you have ever seen him in person some even say hes 5'8................. hard for little guys to make plays and pass over the top of defenders. I will say Jahii has been diming it our early.

TJ will lead the Pac in assists no questions. For you guys the hope is he wont be like a Larry Drew II in the beginning of the season, Larry Drew II took no shots and had no agression on offense but he was running the offense and passing then we all saw how good UCLA was when Larry Drew II stopped being timid and actually took jump shots in which he was actually a pretty good shooter. You just need to make sure TJ actually trys to score, and not become a timid dimer, because hes got some offensive game. But yea he can run the offense, settle down the offense and play good defense. A good PG in the Pac 12 that will make a huge impact. For him its just to make sure he looks for his own shot as well and not trying to get everyone else involved.

Larry Drew II was still one of the best pg in the conference but he just got timid because of all the playmakers he had around him. When hes actually a pretty good scorer. The hope for yall is TJ doesnt try to hard to get everyone involved especially with the talent you have. He needs to look for his offense basically.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTP Jermaine has actually looked pretty good I know it was 2 garbage games. But you said yourself he wasnt a deadly sg or he wasnt consistant. It was Penn States stand still offense with no movement. The defensive attention he got, and the fact that he had to do everything by himself more pressure. He should be a good shooting guard this year for us. Someone Jahii can count on if hes having a rough night or NJ is all over him. Something Evan failed to do. Also Jermaine can play a little down low ball which will space the floor and give a mismatch for some guards. Jermaine is a good post up player for being a guard.

Well even if he hasnt proved anything yet he has the all the tools to be a good scorer. And he shoots his jumper with so much confidence he just seems so smooth only 2 games though. But what I can say is hes much better than EVAN!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is struggling against Oakland. Oak is playing some solid D, but Cal is playing with a sense of entitlement, like they think all they need to do is show up. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd half. I'm looking for Monty to set them straight at half.