• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but so many of those shots are completely wide open. I hope they are making them. If they shoot that well against a team that is holding teams to under 40%, then that's another story. But when giving up 47% is the norm, it's probably more due to the fact that Miami can't guard anyone on the perimeter. Again, especially when ASU couldn't even shoot 40% against UMBC. Think about it.

Its a fucking non conference game look. We all know Gilling can shoot the 3. Marshall has a very smooth stroke. Jahii hit some deep 3s today.

You should be able to admit that ASU has more 3 point shooters than Uofa?

Our biggest weakness again will be rebounding and free throws.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii you're playing Miami of Ohio or some shit for crying out loud

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16/31 from 3. Calaen and Chance started to go off. 2 pretty good back up guards.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fucking non conference game look. We all know Gilling can shoot the 3. Marshall has a very smooth stroke. Jahii hit some deep 3s today.

You should be able to admit that ASU has more 3 point shooters than Uofa?

Our biggest weakness again will be rebounding and free throws.

You said that they were going to be the best in the conference. I think a lot of teams will be a better 3 pt team than AZ. It's not their game. But for you to start calling that ASU could be the best 3pt team in the conference, after shooting 39% against UMBC, and 47% against a team that gives that up on average, if ridiculous. You're just setting yourself up to be a homer.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry CTP ASU sucks at everything. Did you not hear me before. I said ASU is still a terrible rebounding team and is awful at the free throw line. Gilling got fouled on a 3pt shot and went to the line and missed all 3.

Im just saying with the amount of shooters we have and how much we push the floor we could get a lot of open looks. We could be the worse rebounding team in the conference though, and our free throw shooting is still horrible. We could also lead the Pac in turnovers.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like me saying that York is going to be the best 3pt shooter in the Pac, because he's 6-11 so far. It's just way too early. They've played two games against weak opponents.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking shit, and I'm not talking about rebounding or turnovers. You also made a thread completely dedicated to ASU winning the Pac. Just reel it in a bit. You're making all kinds of claims that are just insane to make after two games. Good or bad, why would you claim that ASU is going to be the best or worst in anything right now?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like me saying that York is going to be the best 3pt shooter in the Pac, because he's 6-11 so far. It's just way too early. They've played two games against weak opponents.

Gilling lead the conference in 3pt shots made last season. So I have a decent reason to say that. I will say Jermaine Marshall will be pretty good this season even if we have only played 2 games.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilling lead the conference in 3pt shots made last season. So I have a decent reason to say that. I will say Jermaine Marshall will be pretty good this season even if we have only played 2 games.

You keep missing the point. I'm done with this. I'm not saying that they won't be good. I'm saying that you saying that ASU IS GOING TO BE THE BEST 3PT TEAM IN THE PAC is ridiculous.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking shit, and I'm not talking about rebounding or turnovers. You also made a thread completely dedicated to ASU winning the Pac. Just reel it in a bit. You're making all kinds of claims that are just insane to make after two games. Good or bad, why would you claim that ASU is going to be the best or worst in anything right now?

Its just a joke dude?????????????? To piss Uofa fans like you off. I think were better than the 7th best team in the conference but I dont think will win Oregon is to good. And you guys are going to give us fits defensively.

By now you should know im joking. I like to have confidence in ASU Basketball because for once in the last 10 years they have a solid team. So let me just enjoy this. :suds:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gilling shot 37% last year from 3PT!!!:L

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gilling shot 37% last year from 3PT!!!:L

Not horrible but definately not where he should be. If Gilling shoots with confidence he has a repeat of his freshmen season. If he continues to shoot with 0 confidence and think about his shot every time he will probably shoot 35% or less. Gilling is a head case. Freshmen year he was a confident young shooter, but now its like he either goes 1-10 or goes a solid 5-7 from deep.

I personally think shooting over 35% from 3 is solid. Also he was playing out of position last year playing the 4 and playing 38-40 minutes a game he had tired legs near the end of the game. That is Why ASU would miss so many free throws down the stretch. I expect his 3pt % to be better if he gets more rest this season. Remember depth was horrible last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you said you liked Gilling? I know it has nothing to do with the 3pt percentage. But yea..............

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a key for you guys this year, for sure. I like your starting 5, it's the depth of your bench that I really question, and think is going to really decide if you guys make the tourney.

And 37% is good, but I put the "solid" mark at 40%.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I even like your back court bench players, but the front court players coming off the bench has yet to prove much.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, Florida loses, GREAT NEWS!!!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a key for you guys this year, for sure. I like your starting 5, it's the depth of your bench that I really question, and think is going to really decide if you guys make the tourney.

And 37% is good, but I put the "solid" mark at 40%.

Like his freshmen year. The Gilling this year couldnt hit that 3 point shot that he hit vs Uofa 2 years ago. The clutch 3 point shot where Herb drew up a play and Gilling drilled a clutch 3 to extend the lead to 4. Gilling couldnt hit that shot anymore I love his work on the glass and hes still a solid 3 point shooter but he doesn't have that confidence that he had his freshmen year.

I like the back up guards Calaen and Murray. Jacobsen should give us solid minutes, we get Brandon Kearney back for Pac 12 play but how effective will he be picking up chemistry and playing within the system in a live game? Kearney is a solid defender but yea I guess the power forward depth a lot I dont think I like Richie Edwards that much he seems like a chucker, and I dont know if we have a solid big man to replace Bach when he needs a break. Jacobsen is like a tweener will see.