• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Arizona meltdown? We got beat by a better team? USC melted down because they should have won the game. UW melted down when they were 15-7 and 7-3 in the PAC and finished by losing 7 of their last 10. THAT is a meltdown, my friend.
UW didn't melt down. They hit the tough part of their schedule. They were a .500 team, no doubt about it.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we've got another Trump supporter here!

The hell are you talking about? Your coach sweats a lot. It's today's national joke. You been under a rock?

And, have you been under a rock? Cal is having bad luck because THEIR BEST PLAYER ISN'T PLAYING. Jesus christ

I expected a close one before, but that was a serious and unfortunate body blow.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell are you talking about? Your coach sweats a lot. It's today's national joke. You been under a rock?

I expected a close one before, but that was a serious and unfortunate body blow.
You didn't see Trump make fun of Sean Miller sweating?

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Trump news is white noise to me at this point, he's a national embarassment and he's not winning the general so whatever.

I liked what I saw from Utah yesterday, so maybe there's a shot out of the Pac outside Oregon, we'll have to see.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Trump news is white noise to me at this point, he's a national embarassment and he's not winning the general so whatever.

I liked what I saw from Utah yesterday, so maybe there's a shot out of the Pac outside Oregon, we'll have to see.
Nah, I'll be the first to tell you no PAC team can with this tournament (although considering I thought MSU had a good chance, I guess that it's crazy to say any team can't win that is still playing). But I've thought all season there was no team in the PAC that could win it all. Great depth in the conference, but nobody elite. Even with Oregon getting a 1 seed I don't believe they have any real chance. I mean, they almost lost to us like last week!

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at least your best team didn't just blow it the way State did - well, we'll see, but I doubt it. So weird that the only 2 Big 10 losses so far are from the 2 hottest teams in the conference who met a few days ago in the Big 10 Tourney Finals!

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'll be the first to tell you no PAC team can with this tournament (although considering I thought MSU had a good chance, I guess that it's crazy to say any team can't win that is still playing). But I've thought all season there was no team in the PAC that could win it all. Great depth in the conference, but nobody elite. Even with Oregon getting a 1 seed I don't believe they have any real chance. I mean, they almost lost to us like last week!

I had MSU in the final four of one of my brackets.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me with a straight face that your baseline expectations for a satisfying year were "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team?" If so, that's really, really sad. My team barely recruits at 3 stars, lost 3 players to the NBA, lost its Hall of Fame coach part way through the season, etc., but I expect at least a tourney victory. I figured Arizona fans expectations would be higher.

No, my expectations were not to "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team?" Try to work on your reading comprehension skills. I clearly wrote that many of us expected for us to do exactly what we did, over the course of the year. Following now?

We knew what we had in October. We had a team that just got gutted of 4 starters and no leader. We had a team that other than Zeus and Dusan, every single player had a new role or was brand new to the team. We had who was probably our starting SF get injured before the season, our starting center out for a month, and our best freshman out for a month, our starting PG get sick and lose 17 lbs. Many of us said that the main question for this season would be if we would be able to play together as a team, and get the much-needed chemistry, by March. Based on what happened above, we didn't put it together.

I straight up predicted in October that we would finish the reg season 24-7 and 12-6 in conference. That's what I meant by accurately calling exactly what we'd do over the course of the year. Some of the other AZ fans on here all thought the same thing.

As far as the tourney, and predictions of that, it's a crazy thing to try and predict. I did say going into yesterday's game that if York doesn't have a hot game, and if Allen gets to turning the ball over, Van Vleet and Baker were going to eat our lunch. And that's exactly what happened. No leader, a bunch of turnovers from guys playing timid, not knowing where everyone is on the court, missing assignment, and new roles. We haven't played a good 40 minutes of basketball this whole season. I'd have felt a lot better going in to the dance if we had, but it is what it is.

But you can't coach leadership, and you can't coach cohesion. We had the year that we thought we'd have. It was still a 25-win year and 3rd in a tough Pac. You guys might be surprised about the finish based on the last few years, but AZ fans were pretty realistic about what what we had this year. We lost a lot from last year (both individual talent, and from a team perspective), and knew that it was going to be a year where we'd be happy to get to the S16.

Looking at our schedule this season, I thought going in that what I thought our record would be enough to get us a 4-5 seed, but I also thought that Gonzaga would be a top 10 victory, I thought we'd play Mich State in the Wooden Classic championship game (but we lost to a decent Prov team the game prior), and the rest of our non-con did less than what was expected. We drew Wichita State, which is funny when all the metrics showed that it would be a close game, and yet the committee was the only one who didn't think so, because they made WSU an 11 seed. Whatever, bottom line, regardless of who we played is that we didn't play like a team this year. And that's a recipe for disaster in March, hence the ass-whoopin.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Oregon almost lost to Arizona but at the same time its different in conference than out. and having played each other just a couple weeks prior Arizona knew what Oregon was coming in with.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Oregon almost lost to Arizona but at the same time its different in conference than out. and having played each other just a couple weeks prior Arizona knew what Oregon was coming in with.
No doubt, I was more joking about the game against us. I just don't believe Oregon can win it all. They are damn good, but I don't believe they will beat Kansas, UNC, or Virginia and I have to believe they will have to beat one of those teams to win it all.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the good moments this year for USC Basketball..... that was FUCKING EMBARRASSING..... worst 2:30 minute stretch I've ever seen in my life.

Fucking sick to my stomach.

Well at least we're back on the map. Next year's team could legit be the best team in USC basketball history. But man this loss is going to be tough to get over. FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my expectations were not to "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team?" Try to work on your reading comprehension skills. I clearly wrote that many of us expected for us to do exactly what we did, over the course of the year. Following now?

We knew what we had in October. We had a team that just got gutted of 4 starters and no leader. We had a team that other than Zeus and Dusan, every single player had a new role or was brand new to the team. We had who was probably our starting SF get injured before the season, our starting center out for a month, and our best freshman out for a month, our starting PG get sick and lose 17 lbs. Many of us said that the main question for this season would be if we would be able to play together as a team, and get the much-needed chemistry, by March. Based on what happened above, we didn't put it together.

I straight up predicted in October that we would finish the reg season 24-7 and 12-6 in conference. That's what I meant by accurately calling exactly what we'd do over the course of the year. Some of the other AZ fans on here all thought the same thing.

As far as the tourney, and predictions of that, it's a crazy thing to try and predict. I did say going into yesterday's game that if York doesn't have a hot game, and if Allen gets to turning the ball over, Van Vleet and Baker were going to eat our lunch. And that's exactly what happened. No leader, a bunch of turnovers from guys playing timid, not knowing where everyone is on the court, missing assignment, and new roles. We haven't played a good 40 minutes of basketball this whole season. I'd have felt a lot better going in to the dance if we had, but it is what it is.

But you can't coach leadership, and you can't coach cohesion. We had the year that we thought we'd have. It was still a 25-win year and 3rd in a tough Pac. You guys might be surprised about the finish based on the last few years, but AZ fans were pretty realistic about what what we had this year. We lost a lot from last year (both individual talent, and from a team perspective), and knew that it was going to be a year where we'd be happy to get to the S16.

Looking at our schedule this season, I thought going in that what I thought our record would be enough to get us a 4-5 seed, but I also thought that Gonzaga would be a top 10 victory, I thought we'd play Mich State in the Wooden Classic championship game (but we lost to a decent Prov team the game prior), and the rest of our non-con did less than what was expected. We drew Wichita State, which is funny when all the metrics showed that it would be a close game, and yet the committee was the only one who didn't think so, because they made WSU an 11 seed. Whatever, bottom line, regardless of who we played is that we didn't play like a team this year. And that's a recipe for disaster in March, hence the ass-whoopin.

Well said CTP. I don't think many UofA fans are actually surprised that we lost, right? I sure wasn't. We definitely had the year that we thought we would have. I said at the beginning of conference play that this "was not our year to win it." We lacked leadership and toughness; 2 things that a coach can't teach. You either have it or you don't and quite frankly Zeus and York don't have either, and they were suppose to be our senior leaders.
However, Next year is looking VERY promising so far so Here's to the next season :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, I was more joking about the game against us. I just don't believe Oregon can win it all. They are damn good, but I don't believe they will beat Kansas, UNC, or Virginia and I have to believe they will have to beat one of those teams to win it all.
Oregon is good but they're not even on the same level as Arizona was the last two years. Talent wise, defense wise, rebounding, scoring differential.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Uof eh's top team for next years first rd disappointing loss?

Your question makes no sense, but then again, that's typical of Asu fans lol. If you're asking about next years tourney, well as of right now, we expect to make a deep run and possibly win it all. Asu, well they might make the NIT? Probably not.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your question makes no sense, but then again, that's typical of Asu fans lol. If you're asking about next years tourney, well as of right now, we expect to make a deep run and possibly win it all. Asu, well they might make the NIT? Probably not.
Kobi !!!!!!! He will take you deep into 2017 tourney! It is well noted.