• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Good job on your top-20 season Arizona.... here you can play a team ranked 7 spots better than you on kenpom". - Committee

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Good job on your top-20 season Arizona.... here you can play a team ranked 7 spots better than you on kenpom". - Committee
Careful, there are plenty of folks here that say you aren't allowed to complain about the seeds. I feel your pain though.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had a crappy draw (again) this year, but I thought they could advance the furthest in the conference, which was over-ranked to hell this tourney. AZ had the talent, experience and make-up to do it, but a coach who sweats his brains out his pores. Good/great recruiter, just not a big game coach I guess. I suppose I overrated him. I can't see anyone advancing past the Sweet 16 now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible defense for USC. Can't give up a open layup to chase a guy to the 3 point line in a 1 point game. Free throws a killer. Young team. Should get better.

Yeah, it was a great game, but our inexperience showed at the end. Total miscommunication on that buzzer beater. Missing 3 of 4 free throws down the stretch didn't help either. Can't wait to see how this team improves for next year. Should be a lot of fun.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened to Arizona. They looked like they were running in mud for a lot of that game. Didn't see much of a sense of urgency until very late in the game.

The committee did them no favors putting them in against a very good Wichita team that probably had a chip on it's shoulder from being forced to play a play in game. But you still gotta beat whoever is put in front of you.

And what's with Sean Miller's sweating? Dude sweated so much I thought he was going to fry my tv.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing 3 of 4 free throws down the stretch didn't help either.

FT at the end of the college game are so important, especially those 1 +1s.

Thought USC had em and should have had those boys just made their FTs.

Saw a lot of tentative play yesterday, hope Tinkle gives my shooters a green light IF their open beyond the 3-point line. Your one-n-done now, no time to go into "preventative play" mode. Make it happen instead of waiting for it to happen.

GO BEAVZ!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, our biggest problem this season is that we didn't have a leader and with everyone but Zeus and Ristic in a new role--no cohesion. The injuries also hampered the effort to gain chemistry. We had less talent than we normally have, but certainly enough talent to challenge the conference and region titles.

But when you have sloppy passing and turnover after turnover, we just didn't play like a team this season, ever. We can say Miller is overrated, or that the seeding was tough, or whatever. At the end of the day, if you have a bunch of guys who play as individuals, an average team will beat you in March (and WSU certainly better than average).

UK knows what having a bunch of individuals is like (2013). When an off year is still a 25-win season and a top 20 finish, that's a great problem to have. Looking forward to next year where it should be another year AZ should be closer to the top. Looking forward to Miller challenging for the top spot in conference and region, next year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had a crappy draw (again) this year, but I thought they could advance the furthest in the conference, which was over-ranked to hell this tourney. AZ had the talent, experience and make-up to do it, but a coach who sweats his brains out his pores. Good/great recruiter, just not a big game coach I guess. I suppose I overrated him. I can't see anyone advancing past the Sweet 16 now.
No, you didn't overrate him. He is an excellent big game coach. He simply lost too much in the offseason to be able to afford losing (possibly) his best player (at his thinnest position, no less) two weeks before the season started and then losing one of his better defenders after a month to some undisclosed personal issue.

This was always going to be our down year with who we lost the last two years, so 25 wins and a 6 seed during a season of turmoil certainly isn't the worst thing.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't overrate him. He is an excellent big game coach. He simply lost too much in the offseason to be able to afford losing (possibly) his best player (at his thinnest position, no less) two weeks before the season started and then losing one of his better defenders after a month to some undisclosed personal issue.

This was always going to be our down year with who we lost the last two years, so 25 wins and a 6 seed during a season of turmoil certainly isn't the worst thing.

Especially when most knowledgeable and realistic AZ fans knew this was going to be a "down" year, and expected us to do exactly what we did, over the course of the year.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me with a straight face that your baseline expectations for a satisfying year were "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team?" If so, that's really, really sad. My team barely recruits at 3 stars, lost 3 players to the NBA, lost its Hall of Fame coach part way through the season, etc., but I expect at least a tourney victory. I figured Arizona fans expectations would be higher.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me with a straight face that your baseline expectations for a satisfying year were "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team?" If so, that's really, really sad. My team barely recruits at 3 stars, lost 3 players to the NBA, lost its Hall of Fame coach part way through the season, etc., but I expect at least a tourney victory. I figured Arizona fans expectations would be higher.
You think I'm satisfied? You're confusing me being realistic for me being satisfied. Also, WSU would have wiped the floor with Wisconsin. You're telling me that because the committee got that seed REALLY wrong, something which is obvious to everyone (except maybe you since you are using "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team" as your argument here) I should be super upset? I'm pissed as hell at the committee, but that doesn't do me much good, now does it?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I'm satisfied? You're confusing me being realistic for me being satisfied. Also, WSU would have wiped the floor with Wisconsin. You're telling me that because the committee got that seed REALLY wrong, something which is obvious to everyone (except maybe you since you are using "get knocked out of the first round by double digits to a play-in team" as your argument here) I should be super upset? I'm pissed as hell at the committee, but that doesn't do me much good, now does it?
Pissed at the committee???

:stephena:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have quoted CatsTopPac, as I was addressing his thoughts. And you are heavily overrating WSU. Badgers are the youngest team in basketball with 8 freshmen - the top two of which never played (one injured, one oddly declared inelligible). The season began with turmoil and inexperience. That said, once the new offense was installed and they got on a roll, they looked better than either Arizona or WSU down the stretch, by quite a bit. The only real falter was the Big 10 Tourney loss to Nebraska. The only other 2 losses over the course of 15 games came on the road to Michigan State and a ridiculously hot-shooting Purdue. I'll take the last month or two of Wisconsin over Arizona any day.

The real lesson here is the Pac SUCKS, and even though they were given unearned lollipop seedings, they've blown it so far and shown their true colors at 1-4. How many will be left after the weekend? None?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed at the committee???

:stephena:
I don't know how to respond. What exactly are you trying to say? Should I be happy WSU was an 11 seed? Have you seen who Iowa (the team seeded one spot BELOW us in our region) is playing today?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have quoted CatsTopPac, as I was addressing his thoughts. And you are heavily overrating WSU. Badgers are the youngest team in basketball with 8 freshmen - the top two of which never played (one injured, one oddly declared inelligible). The season began with turmoil and inexperience. That said, once the new offense was installed and they got on a roll, they looked better than either Arizona or WSU down the stretch, by quite a bit. The only real falter was the Big 10 Tourney loss to Nebraska. The only other 2 losses over the course of 15 games came on the road to Michigan State and a ridiculously hot-shooting Purdue. I'll take the last month or two of Wisconsin over Arizona any day.

The real lesson here is the Pac SUCKS, and even though they were given unearned lollipop seedings, they've blown it so far and shown their true colors at 1-4. How many will be left after the weekend? None?
No, the real lesson is that you're a moron. I'm sure you think the B12 sucked last year too, right?