• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be a trap but historically I show:
Second Round: The #1 seed is 65-16 (80.2%) against #8 seeds & 63-7 (90%) against #9 seeds.

Compared to
First Round: #5 seeds are 97-47 (67.4%) against the #12 seed.
Second Round: #4 seeds have a 24-12 record (66.7%) versus #12 seeds.

That #5 seed looks like it has the "best" odds of making the sweet 16.

Exactly. That's what I meant by the first sentence. I have to believe that the 8/9 is the most statistically difficult, and the 4/5 is the best. That makes sense. I think those numbers dip a little because it would then depend on the combines stats of each seed making it to the S16, like the 20% and 10% respectively for 8 and 9 seeds. But your point is still correct. That 20% success rate for 8 seeds is still not bad for what I thought. That's an 8 over a 1 every 5 games they play.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well early on it doesn't look like FGCU missed Andy Enfield very much. Dunk city carried on without him. They move on to take on North Carolina. Now what's this have to do with pax 12 basketball? Well the move to USC. I thought they dominated a bad UCLA team all year and that was their signature win all year. Fell behind badly to teams leading up to the pac 12 tourney. Maybe wasn't that big of a coaching signing.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well early on it doesn't look like FGCU missed Andy Enfield very much. Dunk city carried on without him. They move on to take on North Carolina. Now what's this have to do with pax 12 basketball? Well the move to USC. I thought they dominated a bad UCLA team all year and that was their signature win all year. Fell behind badly to teams leading up to the pac 12 tourney. Maybe wasn't that big of a coaching signing.

FGCU is also only relevant because of that Cinderella run they had under Enfield. Their enrollment went up 10% after that run, plus the boosters and fundraising for the program took off. They have a beach on their campus, I mean, that place could turn into a recruiting hot bed if they play their cards right. Maybe not for elite recruits, but those good 4 year type guys.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with Sting. Enfield is bringing SC back. They are still young, and will be even better next year. SC back in the dance is a good trend. Plus, AZ was a pretty big win too.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Sting. Enfield is bringing SC back. They are still young, and will be even better next year. SC back in the dance is a good trend. Plus, AZ was a pretty big win too.
CTP you watching the vandy-wsu game?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you missed the Monmouth, Wichita St. and Arizona wins. We have a young team that is actually a year ahead of schedule. We were picked to finish 10th in the PAC-12 before the season started. Every player on the team who has seen any kind of real playing time is eligible to return next year (we only have one senior and he never plays). Assuming they all do, we should be in the mix for the PAC title next season.

Enfield also runs a system that is fun and the kind of system that players want to play in. That should help with future recruiting.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fight CU! Had them til the end.

C'mon Pac, represent!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope USC, Oregon State, Utah & CAL all bring home wins for the PAC tonight. UO is a given.
I hope they all win tonight as well.......it should make up for Zona getting bounced tomorrow :dhd::dhd:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they are the only Pac team that can get past the sweet sixteen